Cybercor

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’ve seen other posts about this issue. CT wouldn’t wake up this morning. App, tesla service, key card could not open the car. Had to get it towed to the nearest service center. Love the truck but this is a big disappointment.

IMG_7409.jpeg
Did you ever get your truck back?
Sponsored

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
any updates? Happened to my this morning.

OP
OP

DKCBT

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The issue happened when an old tesla charger model tried to communicate w the cybertruck for the first time. Tesla sent their engineers to review everything and they assured me this won’t happen again. All in all, I expected these glitches and am happy with how responsive tesla service was. They gave me a loaner and delivered my car in LA on a tow truck bed from Palm Springs to avoid putting miles on it.

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
The issue happened when an old tesla charger model tried to communicate w the cybertruck for the first time. Tesla sent their engineers to review everything and they assured me this won’t happen again. All in all, I expected these glitches and am happy with how responsive tesla service was. They gave me a loaner and delivered my car in LA on a tow truck bed from Palm Springs to avoid putting miles on it.
now THAT is service. glad they made it right

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m glad they fixed it for you, I don’t think that’s my challenge. My charger was not connected anymore since my wife took it out in the morning to put it on her X, and my type 2 charger it’s the latest model, although I’ve not done any update since it lost Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Can you clarify what is meant by old charger? A gen 2 wall connector or an older mobile connector?

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Agree with the above post, can you say which charger?

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
At my service they did. I got a Model S and a Model 3. Both have issues, Model S had bald tires, and Model 3 has errors with autopilot which makes it useless. Good luck! Check it over well.
That MS loaner looks like a negligence case, if you carefully oops off the road and total it and ended up with at least one CT for your suffering ;)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
How old was the tesla charger if you don't mind my asking? We disconnected our original Tesla Wall Connector and replaced it with a Tesla Universal Wall Connector, but the one I would be using for the Cybertruck is a Gen 3 Tesla Wall Connector. The two are linked for power sharing.

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can you clarify what is meant by old charger? A gen 2 wall connector or an older mobile connector?
Mine was a Gen3. I got lazy and didn't put a WiFi nearby to get updates...I was several versions behind.