cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Lots of ā€œitā€™s stainless steel, itā€™s unblemishableā€ or ā€œitā€™s a truck, who cares if itā€™s dirtyā€ type energy

I donā€™t religiously wash my truck or anything, but that CT on display at cyber rodeo was a spotted and streaked mess - presumably after some care.

Will be interesting to see how this post agesā€¦

Thanks to those with stainless cars for the preview and tips

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I'm confident that Tesla will include a section on "caring for your stainless steel exterior" in the electronic owner manual.
Franz spoke with Ryan on 'Ride The Lightning' where he said they've developed a 'finish' to remove Mars and bring back the factory finish, DIY at home maybe?
ps. I thought the plan was to Colonise Mars!

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Don't worry. Stainless steel is hardy. Rain water doesn't typically leave spots. If you wash the truck with tap water that leaves spots, this is where you want to dry as quickly as possible, especially in the direct sun.
I'm sure Tesla will provide a guide to maintaining the exterior stainless steel finish.
Honestly, the best time to wash a vehicle is at night. The metal is cool and less spotting.

Last edited:

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
while hilarious in action, thereā€™s no benefit of urine to jelly fish stings (other than the comedy)
Having lived on the Gulf Coast all my life my go to remedy is Adolf's Meat Tenderizer, it breaks down the stinging nematocyst (which is a protein compound) and the meat tenderizer breaks it down rather quickly.

Qishrink

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y. Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Pediatric Emergency Room Psychiatrist
Country flag
Look at the stainless in your home: flatware, cookware, kitchen sink, etc. Knowing all the abuse they take without ever using special polishes or ceramic coatings, are you really worried about your truck? šŸ¤”

That said, there are some challenges. Fingerprints are quite pronounced when the exterior is clean. No coatings will stick, except maybe oil-based; it will look shiny, collect dust and dirt, and streak wildly when wetted.

Basically: use harsh soap and a scrub brush, and try not to sweat the little stuff.
Thank you!!

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Sperm cures acne.*

*I'm gonna get my account suspended again aren't I? šŸ™
You may be technically correct.

Sperm Whales (Physeter catodon) or cachalots are the largest toothed whales with males averaging a length of 62 feet and females just 39 feet. See Moby DICK from Herman Melville's classic novel of the same name. The whale's common name originated during the heyday of the commercial whaling industry. The head of the sperm whale contains an ENORMOUS fluid-filled ORGAN. During whale harvests, this ORGAN, now called the spermaceti ORGAN, was discovered to contain a WHITE liquid that whalers mistook for the sperm of the whale.
The spermaceti organ was unique to the sperm whales, it has a volume as large as 530 gallons and can extend through 40% of the whale's length.

Whalers valued spermaceti (the name of the material within the spermaceti organ) because it could be cooled into a wax that could be made into ointments, cosmetic creams, and pomades.

See Encyclopaedia Britannica

Hurry up Cybertruck, we are too board and need the truck to keep us back on track less we digress deeper in the depths of belly button lint. šŸ¤Ŗ

Horizonvangogh

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Owner of Future Detail
Country flag
Iā€™ll be doing a clay decon, an even polish, Xpel ppf on all panels to lock in finish and then top it with Gtechniq ceramics. Iā€™m an Xpel and 3M shop so I think first Iā€™d like to see how this method holds up.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Iā€™ll be doing a clay decon, an even polish, Xpel ppf on all panels to lock in finish and then top it with Gtechniq ceramics. Iā€™m an Xpel and 3M shop so I think first Iā€™d like to see how this method holds up.
Yikes! And if it doesn't?