Most recent sales agreements can you sell if you are not happy?

Bsimmer3000

Banned
Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
  • Banned
What’s the latest on the resale agreement. Does anyone have an updated copy they can post. I can’t find anything saying I can’t sell the vehicle. I really want the beast but I’m tempted to use my tri motor pre order to get the AWD then sell the all wheel drive if I get the opportunity to turn my single motor pre order into a beast order. I would hate to miss out on the beast because I can’t sell the AWD.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Remains to be seen if provision is only for Foundation Series, or will remain when normal retail sales begin

OP
OP

Bsimmer3000

Banned
Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
  • Banned
I still cant see that part. What document is that in?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
From my order last night.

No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation. Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may
unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise
been made in bad faith, and we’ll keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee. This includes orders for
which a third-party is facilitating or brokering the sale, or if the vehicles are to be exported to somewhere other than
where you tell us you will be registering the Vehicle. We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee if we discontinue or never release a product, feature or option after the time you place
your order. We work to fulfill your order as quickly as we can. If you become unresponsive to us or fail to complete a
requested action to progress towards delivery of your Vehicle, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee. Alternatively, Tesla may give you the option to reconfigure your Vehicle at the current
pricing.
For Cybertruck Only You understand and acknowledge that the Cybertruck will first be released in limited quantity. You
agree that you will not sell or otherwise attempt to sell the Vehicle within the first year following your Vehicle’s delivery
date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you must sell the Vehicle within the first year following its delivery date for any
unforeseen reason, and Tesla agrees that your reason warrants an exception to its no reseller policy, you agree to notify
Tesla in writing and give Tesla reasonable time to purchase the Vehicle from you at its sole discretion and at the purchase
price listed on your Final Price Sheet less $0.25/mile driven, reasonable wear and tear, and the cost to repair the Vehicle
to Tesla’s Used Vehicle Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards. If Tesla declines to purchase your Vehicle, you may then
resell your Vehicle to a third party only after receiving written consent from Tesla. You agree that in the event you breach
this provision, or Tesla has reasonable belief that you are about to breach this provision, Tesla may seek injunctive relief
to prevent the transfer of title of the Vehicle or demand liquidated damages from you in the amount of $50,000 or the
value received as consideration for the sale or transfer, whichever is greater. Tesla may also refuse to sell you any future
vehicles.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I still cant see that part. What document is that in?
You have an email from Tesla that has your order agreement within it once you placed your order.

OP
OP

Bsimmer3000

Banned
Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
  • Banned
From my order last night.

No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation. Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may
unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise
been made in bad faith, and we’ll keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee. This includes orders for
which a third-party is facilitating or brokering the sale, or if the vehicles are to be exported to somewhere other than
where you tell us you will be registering the Vehicle. We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee if we discontinue or never release a product, feature or option after the time you place
your order. We work to fulfill your order as quickly as we can. If you become unresponsive to us or fail to complete a
requested action to progress towards delivery of your Vehicle, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee. Alternatively, Tesla may give you the option to reconfigure your Vehicle at the current
pricing.
For Cybertruck Only You understand and acknowledge that the Cybertruck will first be released in limited quantity. You
agree that you will not sell or otherwise attempt to sell the Vehicle within the first year following your Vehicle’s delivery
date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you must sell the Vehicle within the first year following its delivery date for any
unforeseen reason, and Tesla agrees that your reason warrants an exception to its no reseller policy, you agree to notify
Tesla in writing and give Tesla reasonable time to purchase the Vehicle from you at its sole discretion and at the purchase
price listed on your Final Price Sheet less $0.25/mile driven, reasonable wear and tear, and the cost to repair the Vehicle
to Tesla’s Used Vehicle Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards. If Tesla declines to purchase your Vehicle, you may then
resell your Vehicle to a third party only after receiving written consent from Tesla. You agree that in the event you breach
this provision, or Tesla has reasonable belief that you are about to breach this provision, Tesla may seek injunctive relief
to prevent the transfer of title of the Vehicle or demand liquidated damages from you in the amount of $50,000 or the
value received as consideration for the sale or transfer, whichever is greater. Tesla may also refuse to sell you any future
vehicles.
That’s good. That’s actually really good as I don’t do a lot of miles and if it’s only $0.25 a mile then I will take that over a normal vehicle crashing in value as soon as you drive it off the lot. That way I could get the AWD and then change out to the beast.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
That’s good. That’s actually really good as I don’t do a lot of miles and if it’s only $0.25 a mile then I will take that over a normal vehicle crashing in value as soon as you drive it off the lot. That way I could get the AWD and then change out to the beast.
By the time your Beast would ship you will have the 1 year behind you and sell on open market for fair price.

From what I interpret from posts here is that completed Beast invite orders placed today will be late 2024 delivery.

vinyl.blowfish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cybertruck
Country flag
Did anyone else notice that the purchase agreement that you view before clicking the purchase button is different than the one they send you after? The one I was shown looks more like the original reservation agreement. I partly made the decision to purchase because I didn't see the no resale clause.

Can someone else who hasn't purchased yet confirm that?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
What @jerhenderson said.

Just use your AWD as a Trade-In to Tesla for the Beast. Video's of people finalizing their Cybertruck orders show a Trade-In option available for the purchase.

- ÆCIII

OP
OP

Bsimmer3000

Banned
Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Did anyone else notice that the purchase agreement that you view before clicking the purchase button is different than the one they send you after? The one I was shown looks more like the original reservation agreement. I partly made the decision to purchase because I didn't see the no resale clause.

Can someone else who hasn't purchased yet confirm that?
Thats correct. Thats the most recent agreement i can find on the Tesla site but then i guess they spring a CT specific agreement on you before signing. I think a lot of people are gonna find out they cant sell to who they like when they like. Thats what im worried about

Cyber07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 MS 85, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 M3 P, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
The biggest issue with this Cybertruck resale addendum that we have to give Tesla "reasonable time" to purchase and we need "written approval" to resell.

Tesla communication is horrendous. Ypu may believe that the reasonable time is two weeks but if they decide not to respond to you and just hang you dry, you are screwed.

Also, if they don't respond and you don't have a written agreement from them, you are screwed.

When was the last time you have seen Tesla able to manage communication in a timely manner?

I really see this section will be in the news 100% during the next year as it will blow up where Tesla will missuse its contractual power.

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
What’s the latest on the resale agreement. Does anyone have an updated copy they can post. I can’t find anything saying I can’t sell the vehicle. I really want the beast but I’m tempted to use my tri motor pre order to get the AWD then sell the all wheel drive if I get the opportunity to turn my single motor pre order into a beast order. I would hate to miss out on the beast because I can’t sell the AWD.
The good news for you is you don't have to worry about this hypothetical situation. If you buy the FS series now and want to upgrade to the Cyberbeast, you will have to wait 2 years for that opportunity. The AWD is also not a single motor. Did you actually get an invite to buy the FSD? If not, you will be waiting a long time for either.
Sponsored