Mr.Dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I don't think it's a coincidence that the stripped CT is in the background of the video. I'm getting a strong feeling it's a bit personal with this vehicle reveal, and Elon and the gang plan to shut up any deniers. Should be fun.
I've been off this forum for a while so I'm out of the loop on what the general consensus is here?

I came back specifically to see if there was any discussion on this. Seeing the truck in photos over the last few years gave me suspicion that it was not a stressed skin. Now seeing the final version photos and seeing the truck in person it's very apparent that it is just a unibody with some flat plates glued to the exterior like armor.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I've been off this forum for a while so I'm out of the loop on what the general consensus is here?

I came back specifically to see if there was any discussion on this. Seeing the truck in photos over the last few years gave me suspicion that it was not a stressed skin. Now seeing the final version photos and seeing the truck in person it's very apparent that it is just a unibody with some flat plates glued to the exterior like armor.
You will never get a consensus on it being an exoskeleton from those who have argued voraciously against it because they have too much emotional energy involved in it not being an exoskeleton.

Bottom line: Even if the lead engineer of the Cybertruck laid it out and explained how important the skin is to the overall structure, don't expect a consensus. Not gonna happen with stubborn deniers. As long as they have freedom of speech, they will deny, deny, deny.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You will never get a consensus on it being an exoskeleton from those who have argued voraciously against it because they have too much emotional energy involved in it not being an exoskeleton.

Bottom line: Even if the lead engineer of the Cybertruck laid it out and explained how important the skin is to the overall structure, don't expect a consensus. Not gonna happen with stubborn deniers. As long as they have freedom of speech, they will deny, deny, deny.
Buddy you can talk! Fanboi jester has gotta walk the talk to make sense of the plank. :ROFLMAO:

I'd spell it out for you again, but you'd need to learn how to formulate sentences first to get it. :p

Lol...just making the most of pulling your leg before you retract back into your shell in sheer disbelief buddy . 😜

It was all good fun!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

I'd start here:
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...pecs-shatter-resistant-glass.9828/post-197965

then maybe here:
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...pecs-shatter-resistant-glass.9828/post-197965

But there's also a few other exoskeleton threads over the years.

Welcome back btw.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag

I don't know that there is consensus. I can say my own opinion is they never used the words "stressed skin". It's an exoskeleton, as opposed to body on frame (the endoskeleton) truck. You could call that unibody, but it's probably moreso than vehicles to date because it really takes advantage of EV attributes. That Munro interview, I suspect, will get into the details pretty good. The imagine in this thread of the exo looks really close to the original exo render from reveal night. When people say Tesla abandoned the idea, they just didn't understand what they meant in the first place. Some people seem to think Tesla planned to glue wheels, motors and seats to the stainless steel skin.

samson

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
yolo'r
Country flag
4 years of information coming all at once..... its too much to take.
Sponsored