cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I think those "two bits on each side" are the adjustable resting points for forward corners of the frunk lid, the same as those for all my vehicles' hoods. I've used them on my cars and trucks to adjust the hoods as things age, making sure that the hood doesn't rest too low or too high relative to the fenders. This is part of the "fit and finish" adjustments you can do yourself.
must be, good point - does look that way
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
well, the F150 isn’t marketed as a boat, and it’s Frunk lid securing mechanisms seem strangely overbuilt

and just as you’ve said, I’ve not understood why there appears to be more concern than with any ICE hood latch mechanism

BUT maybe in the lightning it relates to it being electronically controlled, and so fail safes for accidental deploy?
That is actually more plausible if you consider that a engine bay is not stuffed to the hilt with luggage like a frunk would be. Although M3/MY also only have a single latch, maybe the width needed more?

Also if the frunk uses springs to open, like bonnets used to have, instead of a powered frunk, then having redundant latches with sensors would make sense. I mean is a powered close as important as self opening? I'd think not.

PS but they might just be adjustable stops like wtibbit pointed out.

But then what are those 4 things on the corners of the CT wiring x-ray diagram?

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I have a feeling these wipers will be a high theft item and sold on ebay.
Assuming they can wrestle the mighty beast.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I believe that these are motors with an arm that is hidden that goes to the hinge. I have seen hinges that use an arm on a motor similar to the wiper, might be incorrect, but don’t see any other reason for them. They are both mounted in the same place on each side

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Watching the Munro video, I am wondering something.

In the video they are talking about this rectangular area in the center of the front bumper as looking like it will have hi-def radar. But when I saw that "window" area, the first thing I thought was winch. Why not install a winch in the frunk and have the cable come out that little window? Am I too hopeful for a winch solution? Or did the Wolverine garage solution just wipe out all possibility?

Tesla Cybertruck Munro analyzes the Cybertruck Dual Motor frunk closeup & interior photos | Munro Live 1693880662222

Video cued up here:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Why not install a winch in the frunk and have the cable come out that little window?
the notion of installing a winch in the Frunk was always a head-scratcher for me

I’d rather someone help me understand why that would be a good idea at all, than explain why it isn’t (which seems more obvious)

and while one is at it, where/how a Frunk-mounted winch would attach to frame

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
the notion of installing a winch in the Frunk was always a head-scratcher for me

I’d rather someone help me understand why that would be a good idea at all, than explain why it isn’t (which seems more obvious)

and while one is at it, where/how a Frunk-mounted winch would attach to frame
One huge advantage is better aero for longer range the 99.99% of the time you are NOT using the exposed winch.

Winch in frunk would require a different frunk tub that allowed mounting to the frame.

Not a frunk mount but below are examples of winch integrated and hidden in front hood area or bumper. Some are factory options even for mid-size pickups.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ford-ARB Collab Begins with Ranger Winch-ready Bumper
by Matthew Skwarczek Published on October 31, 2019
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-arb-collab-begins-with-ranger-winch-ready-bumper/

Tesla Cybertruck Munro analyzes the Cybertruck Dual Motor frunk closeup & interior photos | Munro Live 1693888759532

Ford Offering New Integrated Winch for 2020 F-Series Super Duty Tremor Gas and Diesel Trucks.
12,000 pounds of winching power and will be available as a factory-orderable option or dealer-installed after-sale accessory.
Jan 14, 2020 | DEARBORN, Mich.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-integrated-winch-2020-super-duty-tremor.html

Tesla Cybertruck Munro analyzes the Cybertruck Dual Motor frunk closeup & interior photos | Munro Live 1693887885871

5 Trucks You Can Order with Winch-Ready Bumpers
by Matthew Skwarczek
Published on November 3, 2019
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/5-trucks-you-can-order-with-winch-ready-bumpers/

Last edited:

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
I've watched like three monroe videos skipping through.

you could get their interpretations from watching introductory engineering class videos.
Sponsored