JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
Since maxwell does super caps. Maybe it’s a combo of super caps PLUS hi density solid state batteries??
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Since maxwell does super caps. Maybe it’s a combo of super caps PLUS hi density solid state batteries??
Super caps aren't of much use in extending range (but they aren't useless either). What Tesla gets out of Maxwell is the potential to use the dry coating technology they use in their super cap production in production of dry electrolyte batteries.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Perhaps it is the combination of the better battery with the 250 Kw charging... what if you can get a 50% change (250 miles) in 10 min, and an 80% charge in 20 min.

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I’m pretty excited about storage options we haven’t seen yet. An autobackup to trailer and raise the towing hitch would be awesome. Then just plug in the electrical harnesses and you’re off towing!

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
I vote Cyberboat.

(or ranges were towing ranges with new battery tech.)
That would be pretty sweet if the ranges were with towing. However, I do not think that is the case. It would be super awesome if it was a boat.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I change my vote from time machine to time machine powered by thorium plasma battery. Recharge? In about 7 years.

CarsBarsMars

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus, Infiniti, BMW
Country flag
Proof positive, with Elon Musk teasing secret information on the CT, he is a Bond Villain.

Not a flame thrower
Space exploration, moon, mars, missiles?
Underground tunneling
Covert installations around the globe, “Gigafactories”
Worldwide “communication” satellites
Controlling charging stations
Putting in ”power” walls and solar panels. (Monitoring towers and transforming AI soldiers)
Making us wait two plus years for the CT.

Justice must be served. Petitition Tesla to prove their innocence by delivering the CT in 2020!
I'll be too serious and reply to your funny comment:

If you look at all of musks ventures, they're all appropriate for Mars Colonization. He has spacecraft, solar panels, batteries,tunneling equipment, autonomous programming, etc. He is friendly with Mars promoting scientists, has stated he wants to colonize mars, etc.

So he can send a space ship loaded with autonomous CyberTruck variants who can tow autonomous tunnel boring machines to various locations to start building subsurface habitations. Other Cyber Trucks with outsized solar panels and batteries can stay in optimum solar collection positions for most of the day then bring their stored solar back to storage units.

And then I guess flamethrowers......for....I dunno.

Anyway the point is he has all the primary tech you need to build a base on Mars.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I'll be too serious and reply to your funny comment:

If you look at all of musks ventures, they're all appropriate for Mars Colonization. He has spacecraft, solar panels, batteries,tunneling equipment, autonomous programming, etc. He is friendly with Mars promoting scientists, has stated he wants to colonize mars, etc.

So he can send a space ship loaded with autonomous CyberTruck variants who can tow autonomous tunnel boring machines to various locations to start building subsurface habitations. Other Cyber Trucks with outsized solar panels and batteries can stay in optimum solar collection positions for most of the day then bring their stored solar back to storage units.

And then I guess flamethrowers......for....I dunno.

Anyway the point is he has all the primary tech you need to build a base on Mars.
real opinion, Musk’s endeavors make the world a better place. No insight to motives as I do not know him personally. Perception is more good than nefarious motives.

jury is out on the flamethrower. I think the product was meant to eradicate house spiders.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Musk has been very vocal about Mars and wanting to colonize it. The flame thrower is for defence in case there are hidden aliens there.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Here's more from Musk about the Cybertruck from the earnings call:

Musk says that Tesla’s Cybertruck “… went viral. We tried to build a product that is [a] product superior in every way … from the standpoint of what’s the most badass [and] futuristic … like something that just came out of a movie set from the future and the amount [of interest] has been incredible. I have never actually seen such a level demand … we’ve never seen anything like it basically. I think we will make as many as we can sell for many years … it’s going to be pretty nuts … and I think actually the product is better than people realize even, they don’t have enough information to realize the awesomeness of it. It’s just great.”

“It’s hard to think of a similar product with such strong demand that it can generate more than $20 billion in revenue with zero advertising spend … [it] speaks to the nature of the product and the fact that the product [sells] itself [and] is compelling enough to generate that demand.”
Sponsored