BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
We Texans may not like you, but we do not want to kill you! (n.b. The US is a net exporter of oil and oil products to the tune of around 600k barrels a day.)
Sponsored

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I have M3 long range, it limits me travel around the country. I take 250miles trips 5+ times a years. horrible experience for long distance travel. Best car shall not give me range anxiety.
unless you are going to the middle of nowhere, there are superchargers just about everywhere (I live in rural Ontario Canada and there is a supercharger 30 minutes north of me and another one 30 minutes south of me), plus they are adding new ones every year. They also give tesla owner's a chance to suggest and vote on new locations.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Elon announced a 500 mile tri-motor 4 years ago. Either that was a blatant lie or they have been trying. Which is it?
just like the 35 k model 3, it may take a couple of years for the 4680's to progress

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
If I am rich, I will pay $140k for 500mi version.
Yes, and thinking like that tells me you may never become rich. People become wealthy by optimizing their financials starting at a young age. That means not paying a high price for things with limited benefit.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
Yes, and thinking like that tells me you may never become rich. People become wealthy by optimizing their financials starting at a young age. That means not paying a high price for things with limited benefit.
Actually getting "rich" is rarely a matter of skill or will. Approximately 40% of people strive to achieve becoming a millionaire, only 6-10% succeed unless you begin from lower class, in which case you have less than a 3% chance. This doesn't even take into account race, location, etc.

Good luck to that other guy though.

Last edited:

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
I have M3 long range, it limits me travel around the country. I take 250miles trips 5+ times a years. horrible experience for long distance travel. Best car shall not give me range anxiety.
I have a performance 3 and do regular MD to FL trips - never once have I had range anxiety. I think we need to come up with another term. Sure Having to stop more frequently is not my preference. But never anxiety that I would run out of charge. My preference for a 500 m range Cybertruck is that in Winter with a trailer it will be 150-200 m actual.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
unless you are going to the middle of nowhere, there are superchargers just about everywhere (I live in rural Ontario Canada and there is a supercharger 30 minutes north of me and another one 30 minutes south of me), plus they are adding new ones every year. They also give tesla owner's a chance to suggest and vote on new locations.
I always vote for the location in my carport.

Kidding, but it is very convenient. Tesla has been trying to get a Supercharger in Kalispell, MT for over 4 or 5 years but they keep getting foiled. I used to live in Whitefish, MT and can tell you the local auto dealers back then were the kings of the community. The area was naturally poor, but everyone needed a car and the distance to other dealerships was far enough that the local ones could charge a higher markup. My theory is that the local auto dealership owners, along with the sway they hold with local governments, have been keeping Superchargers out of Flathead Valley for years now.

The community is slitting their own throat by resisting fast chargers, but I have to assume this is going on in other areas of the country as well.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually getting "rich" is rarely a matter of skill or will. Approximately 40% of people strive to achieve becoming a millionaire, only 6-10% succeed unless you begin from lower class, in which case you have less than a 3% chance. This doesn't even take into account race, location, etc. Good luck though.
Becoming wealthy is a matter of discipline and work, not brilliance or luck (unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth).

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I always vote for the location in my carport.

Kidding, but it is very convenient. Tesla has been trying to get a Supercharger in Kalispell, MT for over 4 or 5 years but they keep getting foiled. I used to live in Whitefish, MT and can tell you the local auto dealers back then were the kings of the community. The area was naturally poor, but everyone needed a car and the distance to other dealerships was far enough that the local ones could charge a higher markup. My theory is that the local auto dealership owners, along with the sway they hold with local governments, have been keeping Superchargers out of Flathead Valley for years now.

The community is slitting their own throat by resisting fast chargers, but I have to assume this is going on in other areas of the country as well.
when I first got my M3 in 2018, which incidentally came with a charging cable for free, I bought from tesla the set of adapters as well. This turned out to be of value when my home level two charger went down and I used the adapter to charge from my 240 welder output. It charged a little bit slower than my tesla charger but got the job done. I also have two 25' welder extension cords so when you are in an area of no superchargers or level 2 chargers, any welding shop will do.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
Becoming wealthy is a matter of discipline and work, not brilliance or luck (unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth).
The statistics would disagree (and I'm only regurgitating reality from Bloomberg, Pew Research, the Federal Reserve, Forbes, etc). Reiterating that 40% "try" (assuming trying includes discipline and work as you state), and only 3-8% succeed, then it is most certainly luck. The stats are reflecting only people who are not wealthy already (I assume like the guy that said "when he is rich").

And again, this doesn't take into account race, location, and other factors reflected in economic inequality. It's luck, and any other take is denial.
Sponsored