Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla would only suck, in this respect, if they were *trying* to offer more range but couldn’t.
Elon announced a 500 mile tri-motor 4 years ago. Either that was a blatant lie or they have been trying. Which is it?
Sponsored

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
I have M3 long range, it limits me travel around the country. I take 250miles trips 5+ times a years. horrible experience for long distance travel. Best car shall not give me range anxiety.
Shows how inexperienced you are. I've been taking road trips since 2016 for thousands of miles and I've never had issues. It adds about 20% time penalty (charging, etc) to Google maps absolute time estimate which would not reflect stops in an ICE car, and it's been easy. My OG Model X has over 200k miles and the range degradation from towing and road tripping is significant, but it can still do most trips. Screenshots from my current road tripper.

Tesla Cybertruck Musk says: The Cybertruck Event "will be the biggest product launch of anything by far on Earth this year.” 🙌 1701324876727

Tesla Cybertruck Musk says: The Cybertruck Event "will be the biggest product launch of anything by far on Earth this year.” 🙌 1701325493723

I'd say you should get out more, but you don't seem to be very good at it.

Last edited:

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
We have a 400 mile model s. In my experience this is the perfect range for road trips. The 2018 model 3 works but is not as stress free or convenient. I’m all in on a 400 mile CT. 350 is a tough sell. Less is a no thank you I’m keeping the Rivian. To each their own.
For me, this train of thought sits well with the exception of lack of fsd :-/ though I doubt Elon will abandon >350 mile range (too many negative-minded youtubers saying so because they feel 'burned' for having to wait so long imo)

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Elon announced a 500 mile tri-motor 4 years ago. Either that was a blatant lie or they have been trying. Which is it?
Trying baby!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
false dichotomy

answer: neither

strawman

answer: in context, I was obviously describing how Tesla can build a 500mi truck, but not if they want it to perform and cost as needed - so which kind of “cant” do you prefer

Xepa777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So many people are going to be disappointed with the range tomorrow with their heads stuck in sand despite all the evidence pointing to a 300-350 range number lol. Looking forward to the salt 🍿

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
i wanna have elon’s baby

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
false dichotomy

strawman

answer: in context, I was obviously describing how Tesla can build a 500mi truck, but not if they want it to perform and cost as needed - so which kind of “cant” do you prefer
false dichotomy

strawman

Nope. He said what they were aiming for, a nice set of specs hundreds of thousands of us put down money on. You clearly claimed they weren't trying. They were definitely either trying or lying.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Maybe they changed their mind because they can't get the 4680 to perform as planned in time to produce a 500mile range version for launch? Things happen. Other things don't.

Much rather they deliver a 300mile DM tomorrow, than wait to make a 500mile TM probably never, because they can't produce cells that can make the pack it needs yet?

Seems like a pointless argument to be making.
Might as well start asking when you stopped beating the dead horse. :ROFLMAO:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Nope. He said what they were aiming for, a nice set of specs hundreds of thousands of us put down money on. You clearly claimed they weren't trying. They were definitely either trying or lying.
again, false dichotomy

Tesla could have merely changed its mind about the correct product specs between 2019 and now

which would mean they both (1) weren’t “lying” in 2019 (it was their genuine plan - as aspirational, untested, and early stage as it may have been), and later after changing their mind and design thesis, (2) were no longer trying to build a 500mi/HD variant (at least in the first release, if not ever)

the Model Y was originally supposed to have falcon doors. It didn’t on release. To say Tesla was necessarily either lying or the “couldnt” is to misunderstand the basics of product development

unless by “couldnt” all you mean is “discovered it wasn’t, in fact, a good idea”
Sponsored