Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I live in the mountains. I see it several times. And I ride a motorcycle now, so it's not as much a deal, but they could kill me, yeah!

Hopefully the driver aids will make that less of an occurrence with a production Cybertruck.

-Crissa
Sponsored

OP
OP
DallasCyberTruck

DallasCyberTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TOYOTA TUNDRA
Country flag
Technology gets cheaper to produce and incorporate everyday.
Iā€™m expecting much better driverā€˜s assist software in the Cybertruck than anything currently on the market. It is true when they say: ā€œThe rest of the auto industry is at least six years behind Teslaā€.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
For rural dirt roads use the Cyber ATV you can carry in the back. In rural northern ME, most people use ATVā€™s and UTVā€™s on the dirt and save their pickups which cost 5 times more for paved roads and interstates.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
That's how I was taught, too, But when I went looking for a definition, three or more was what I found, and even then that's not '2'!

Suffice to say, they have alot of built-in interest and opt-in customers to market this to right away for the first several years of production.

I sorta wonder what they'll do when they mine it out, but the past just says 'make a better, cheaper model' so far. NA sales over sedans (as an example) every other car manufacturer says sales are dead - but what's actually happening is Tesla is eating their lunch in the market share.

Not exactly the response Elon was hoping for, where they just give up and go home. There needs to be viable competition or the investors start getting stingy.

-Crissa
And then you come across articles like this and it leaves you scratching your head. ?

Tesla Inc. stock underperforms Wednesday when compared to competitors...

https://apple.news/AnBvWn8EmQPeRcWYumWYd1Q

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
On... Wednesday...

One day stock performance is literally completely unrelated to the company at all. There's just no... Way for that to happen unless they both announce something at the same time.

Uggg. They've automated news that doesn't tell you anything? Geez.

-Crissa

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Jeep Laredo, 2012 jeep Patriot, and 2015 Kia Forte
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Well don't forget that Elon Musk estimated 750 miles for battery day. He always under estimate himself so expect 1 million miles...that means 200K CT is under estimated...

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
For me it's always been:
A couple is 2
A few is three or four
Several is 5 or more

But I've been told I'm nuts. By the way, this whole debate is hilarious.

By definition, several means three or more (but often less than many, which we will cover next.) So, if several party-goers out of a group of nine were intoxicated, several could correctly be translated as three or four.

lol...

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Most likely the million order figure is all Teslaā€™s. Feels good knowing the CT will be somewhat exclusive
I have a feeling it won't be very exclusive for too long. Once people see them actually rolling on the streets, people are going to go crazy for Cybertruck. Really, how many people are going to think "Hmmm, I can have the stainless truck, and go electric, or get the ones that rust and pollute. Same price. I'll stick with the polluter"?
Anyone with a pulse can figure this one out. Cybertruck is a gamechanger.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I'd guess the numbers aren't revealed because they intend to shock the competition.....by not giving numbers the legacy manufactures continue on their bored and unmotivated ways, unwittingly allowing their market share to wither. If Ford knew there were 1 million CT orders they might react faster.... the lower number keeps them complacent.
So perfect!!!

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
To Elon, who is part of the Tesla decision making process for planning tera-factories etc. "Several" may represent worst case demand for the CT (cancellations, people buying competing trucks from Rivian/lordstown/etc, economic depression, aliens become our overlords and we live in hives...).
Elon et al. need to allocate tooling and floorspace to meet demand and if people are going to wait more than 2-3 years for their CT then they may lose interest.
So my WAG is agile manufacturing where instead of overly dedicated production lines Tesla will design factories that can quickly be configured for many parallel production lines. There is no other way for Tesla to manage the coming S curve for demand for their products. So get everyone their CT within a year or so and when demand settles down a bit, rededicate the tooling and floor space to the next best thing from Tesla (the 20k tesla with leased batteries- another WAG).

SkiWhack

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan NV passenger 3500 HD, Chevy Traverse LT and Subaru Legacy sedan
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
At only 200k its still like 10Billion for them. I think thats a good estimate of actual trucks that will need to be shipped asap, good news for the people waiting i guess!
I'm waiting and based on the numbers I'm like 417,000 in line.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have a feeling it won't be very exclusive for too long. Once people see them actually rolling on the streets, people are going to go crazy for Cybertruck. Really, how many people are going to think "Hmmm, I can have the stainless truck, and go electric, or get the ones that rust and pollute. Same price. I'll stick with the polluter"?
Anyone with a pulse can figure this one out. Cybertruck is a gamechanger.
You know that reasoning sounds obvious but there are lots of people out there doing exactly what doesnā€™t make sense right now based on pure ideology - and stabbing themselves in the back, so maybe the logic you present only works for people looking for a logical solution.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
As one friend of mine says ā€œhe likes splash & goā€ and thinks the time to charge is too long. Even though the majority of his driving is locally. Then he wants to bring up off roading and says that itā€™s easy to find someone with a Jerry can but you canā€™t find a generator. Heā€™s a smart guy in some respects but clearly heā€™s wrong with this way of thinking. He prefers to be anti-climate change and I have tried taking that out of the equation and talk about efficiency, lower operating/maintenance costs and better performance and heā€™s still not interested. My friends and family I think are tired of me talking about Tesla, Elon, SpaceX and the Cybertruck. Oh well, their loss.
Sponsored