Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mfg
Country flag
Yes. I would need Mobile Priority to get in-motion $250
You shouldn’t need priority data to use in motion on land (below 100mph at least) yes the TOS says otherwise, but using daily in motion and no issues. 100-250mph requires priority data. Be careful though, mounted in oem configuration will destroy your antenna motors at speed.

Look into a RoamSat! Solves all your problems and runs on battery for up to 10hrs.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
I hope we get some more official mounts for these dishes. Seems to be some demand for mounting these on cybertrucks

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Would you put a mount in the bed so you could use it while offroading?

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Would you put a mount in the bed so you could use it while offroading?
No. An internet connection isn't needed to navigate off road. I use a purpose-built system using specialized pre-loaded maps that provide more detailed information, route planning, way-points, recording, etc.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I see, I would think a live internet connection along with gps would be great with starlink. But if you have a solution that works better and you are used to that makes sense as opposed to starting new.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No. An internet connection isn't needed to navigate off road. I use a purpose-built system using specialized pre-loaded maps that provide more detailed information, route planning, way-points, recording, etc.
What system is that?

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
What system is that?
I subscribed to GaiaGPS ($59.90/year) and downloaded their app to my iPad Mini 5 with GPS receiver. The subscription gives me access to all kinds of map overlays on top of a (free) base road and trail map. There are overlays for topography (contour lines), cell coverage for various carriers, campsites, satellite view, public and private lands, USFS roads, trails and recreation sites, the location of forest fires, air quality, snow depth, precipitation forecast, native lands, light pollution, historic sites, and many others. I download the maps for the area I'm interested in plus any overlays. You don't need an internet connection or cellphone coverage to navigate. I mounted the iPad on the dash to make it easier to follow my preplanned travel route.

Tesla Cybertruck My Starlink Antenna Custom Mount With Suction Cups iPad Mini Mounted

LexusCyber

First Name
Marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LS460 AWD V8
Country flag
I subscribed to GaiaGPS ($59.90/year) and downloaded their app to my iPad Mini 5 with GPS receiver. The subscription gives me access to all kinds of map overlays on top of a (free) base road and trail map. There are overlays for topography (contour lines), cell coverage for various carriers, campsites, satellite view, public and private lands, USFS roads, trails and recreation sites, the location of forest fires, air quality, snow depth, precipitation forecast, native lands, light pollution, historic sites, and many others. I download the maps for the area I'm interested in plus any overlays. You don't need an internet connection or cellphone coverage to navigate. I mounted the iPad on the dash to make it easier to follow my preplanned travel route.

iPad Mini Mounted.jpg
that is an awesome setup. thank you for sharing....

TesLatino

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x.com
Vehicles
Model 3 P, Model Y LR, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I am curious. How quickly are you able to unpause the service? Would having a Mobile subscription also work as a backup network in case of local outages?
Unpausing Starlink is instant. I do it all the time. Whenever I go on an overlanding trip, I wait until I really need the Starlink connection to activate it. It takes me as long as it takes to make the request through the app.