MyTeslaWeekend Rumor - Dual Motor only for the first 500k units produced!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
if the castings are designed for quad motors, I don’t think they will be putting one motor in the front and one in the rear. It would require a totally redesigned drive system.
you don’t think they’ll expect to compete with the AWD/4wd in the F150L and Chevy EV?

Ford licking its marketing lips at that prospect
Sponsored

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, that's an encouraging rumor as I'm approximately 400,000 in the queue with a dual motor Cybertruck. 🙂
But there is only one queue currently and if this is confirmed I expect it will suddenly increase in size rather abruptly. 🤷

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
if the castings are designed for quad motors, I don’t think they will be putting one motor in the front and one in the rear. It would require a totally redesigned drive system.
Generally Tesla has stayed away from too many configurations. With the Mega castings they can change a die in 1 hour. We might be surprised with the battery/drive options.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Generally Tesla has stayed away from too many configurations. With the Mega castings they can change a die in 1 hour. We might be surprised with the battery/drive options.
it isn’t just castings..it would require a total new drive design. Otherwise a single motor in front and rear would unbalance.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
you don’t think they’ll expect to compete with the AWD/4wd in the F150L and Chevy EV?

Ford licking its marketing lips at that prospect
This rumor of just building Dual Motor versions for the first 500,000 Cybertrucks, seems odd. Here is why:

Tesla Fan Boys would say Tesla will crank out 500,000 in the first week. However, IMO, 500,000 Cybertrucks would represent probably 2 1/2+ years of production. (CONSTRAINTS people...constraints).

So, Tesla would be producing a Cybertruck for a couple of years that would "only" have the towing capacity of 10,000lbs and "only" go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds....and probably "only" 300 miles of range.

Ford and General Motors would have a field day touting they beat Tesla on specs. Well into 2025. That would be weird.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
it isn’t just castings..it would require a total new drive design. Otherwise a single motor in front and rear would unbalance.
But they do this in the Model S. It's been shown in the Y and 3 that they use the same cover design, no matter the motor configuration.

-Crissa

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
This rumor of just building Dual Motor versions for the first 500,000 Cybertrucks, seems odd. Here is why:

Tesla Fan Boys would say Tesla will crank out 500,000 in the first week. However, IMO, 500,000 Cybertrucks would represent probably 2 1/2+ years of production. (CONSTRAINTS people...constraints).

So, Tesla would be producing a Cybertruck for a couple of years that would "only" have the towing capacity of 10,000lbs and "only" go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds....and probably "only" 300 miles of range.

Ford and General Motors would have a field day touting they beat Tesla on specs. Well into 2025. That would be weird.
plus they would be losing the 4 wheel drive market….that is it is called a rumor

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
But the drive design is mostly bolt in parts. Probably mostly from existing vehicles. And software to make it run together.

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This has always been the case. People aren’t very good at figuring this out though and just pay for their lack of consideration about this at the pump and have raced to buy bigger and bigger gas tanks to accommodate their poor trailer selection.

Aero trailers exist.

Driving a semi around is a half-choice. The experience is very much geared towards pro drivers. Single seat in the cockpit, poor secondary seating, it’s very tough to park a semi in normal lots or take one out to dinner..
Probably have to do a lot of repairs on the roof due to drive-thrums and parking ramps. 😂
But it really would be sweet.

Deleted member 12560

I will have a duel with 7000lb towing.. but

Give me 500 miles .... plus .. with one less motor, swap that savings and charge me extra and give me more miles.

Duel, 800 miles for $70,000 TY. I want to tow.

Actually.... I really want the quad lol ...
I don't mean to be "that guy" but I must point a grammatical error you have made rather consistently in the time I have been here (and bugs me no end):

In English the words "dual" and "duel" are not homonyms (they sound similar but are not pronounced the same) but they have entirely different meanings.

"dual" means made up of two parts; for two; double
"duel" means a prearranged combat between two people

It is a dual motor Cybertruck. Both spellings are correct but mean entirely different things.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
But the drive design is mostly bolt in parts. Probably mostly from existing vehicles. And software to make it run together.
I don't mean to be "that guy" but I must point a grammatical error you have made rather consistently in the time I have been here (and bugs me no end):

In English the words "dual" and "duel" are not homonyms (they sound similar but are not pronounced the same) but they have entirely different meanings.

"dual" means made up of two parts; for two; double
"duel" means a prearranged combat between two people

It is a dual motor Cybertruck. Both spellings are correct but mean entirely different things.

Tesla Cybertruck MyTeslaWeekend Rumor  - Dual Motor only for the first 500k units produced! 3BF4FE02-78A6-4C50-8D30-EE864F8DACF4

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
I will have a duel with 7000lb towing.. but

Give me 500 miles .... plus .. with one less motor, swap that savings and charge me extra and give me more miles.

Duel, 800 miles for $70,000 TY. I want to tow.

Actually.... I really want the quad lol ...
It's dual. Not duel. We aren't sword fighting here.
Sponsored