Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Don't think that is a handle. It was suggested by someone else above that Is a rail system for the visors to be lowered from the ceiling joint so that it's useful. As it stands the visors are so high up they would need to be huge visor panels in order to be useful when flipped down. I agree with this suggestion that it's a rail system hidden by a rubber cover with a slit for the visor arm to travel through so you can raise and lower the visor height horizontally.
I also wondered about that being a rail for the sun visors but since I am still thinking/hoping more along the lines of the Model X visors that are minimalist and have slide-out extenders a part of me said 'no, that won't be it'.
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I am still thinking/hoping more along the lines of the Model X visors that are minimalist and have slide-out extenders a part of me said 'no, that won't be it'.
Indeed the Model X visors are a much cleaner implementation.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I also wondered about that being a rail for the sun visors but since I am still thinking/hoping more along the lines of the Model X visors that are minimalist and have slide-out extenders a part of me said 'no, that won't be it'.
Has Tesla been talking about dimming/reflecting glass. Ford appears to be close.

I am not visualizing the rail for the sun visor. Would it come below the darkened upper section?
Floating in the middle of the windshield somehow?

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Has Tesla been talking about dimming/reflecting glass. Ford appears to be close.

I am not visualizing the rail for the sun visor. Would it come below the darkened upper section?
Floating in the middle of the windshield somehow?
here.

the left most arrow is pointing at what appears to be the opening in a rubber cover to a rail in the pillar.. which the blue outlined visor would flip down normally and then the arm holding the visor would be able to be slid down the rail on the pillar as shown by the red arrow connected to the blue outline.

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 FUn6LIsWYAAx3m5 (1)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Classic scene...
That refuses to play, alas.

Yup I think it's a slider to close it up, keep it clean. Alot of currently designed console/seatbacks don't care what the back seat passengers are looking at.

Exhibit-A. My F150.

PXL_20220607_140014383.MP.jpg
So when you fold it, it dumps your cupholder contents onto the passengers?

-Crissa

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
That refuses to play, alas.

So when you fold it, it dumps your cupholder contents onto the passengers?

-Crissa
Fact. If there's anything in the cup holder it falls out when the seat is lifted. Which is almost never.

Deleted member 5322

I really don't like this seat rail bracket. It was like that from the unveiling event and looks like Tesla will not work on it. It looks like 15 years old boy made it in his garage, wielded some metal square pipes together and painted using paintcan

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 8DA18F86-E288-41CF-8EB7-E46EECCE6AAE
Sponsored