No Resale Agreement?

Deleted member 3316

I don’t think there is any basis for further conversation. I said that a while back. Mostly been trying to ignore you since because as I said in the previous post, neither side of the discussion finds the other side convincing.

It’s called beating a dead horse.

Now I’m sure you are going to tell me how that’s the wrong analogy. Go ahead, I’ll wait while you beat that dead horse too.
Well at least we can agree there’s no point in us discussing this little thing further.

But it was rather a one sided discussion.
I ask you direct questions to ascertain your understanding you ignore the question and reiterate a different misunderstanding. Which I would attempt to address mirroring your derisive tone, and ask a direct question which you would ignore.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 3316

I think most of us are just flat out done with this topic.
I’m pretty sure you’re just embarrassed, because as soon as I summarised the strategy that you should have read in the first place there’s crickets from both you and Crissa.

I do admit to and apologise for my failings of mirroring unhelpful tone and and derision I just thought that was the way you like to have conversations.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m pretty sure you’re just embarrassed, because as soon as I summarised the strategy that you should have read in the first place there’s crickets from both you and Crissa.

I do admit to and apologise for my failings of mirroring unhelpful tone and and derision I just thought that was the way you like to have conversations.

How can I be embarrassed by a post I didn’t read.

You’ve spewed so many words on this topic often (as is the case here) multiple replies per post. Even if I wanted to read your point, it’s lost in the oceans of bullshit, repetition, insults, and condescending remarks you’ve made.

No, I’m not embarrassed. I stopped talking because I blocked you because you’re incessant posting on this topic. Figured I’d give you another chance…. 🤪 poor choice I suppose.

Green-Mario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
FWIW, I think you are missing the beauty of the idea and its simplicity. It is not a ROFO or a ROFR. Those get complex as you rightly point out, especially around the price. In my proposal the price is already set (purchase price). So In your trade for the boat example, it is irrelevant what the boat is worth. You have an obligation to offer it to Tesla first. If they want it, the price is $____ (original purchase price). If they do not, trade, sell, burn to the ground, it is of no concern to Tesla.

Now, as for enforcement, when you buy a used Tesla you need to contact Tesla to transfer the vehicle. The new owner then becomes responsible for all the Supercharging, connectivity fees etc., and the new owner is the owner of record for electronic access to the vehicle (the PAAK and app etc.). So Tesla has a natural enforcement opportunity. They will not transfer owners if you did not meet your contractual obligation to offer the vehicle for sale to Tesla first.

Of course, I do not really care. Just an interesting thought experiment on a slow news day. We have an early reservation and it will be nice to flip the vehicle for a profit if we decide not to keep it. Fantastic return on $100 whether we keep it or flip it.
Oh Bob... I hope you are suggesting the same auction should occur for your Fisker Ocean there Pal. As well as the same resale agreements.

I expect you to post the same suggestion on your favorite Fisker Ocean forum about your car you are waiting for, or perhaps move on from this? Because this just smells... fishy.

*Did you get that Ocean joke there at the end?*

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR+, 2021 Model Y P
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I wonder what the overlap is between people who want to protect Tesla from the big bad scalpers and those who waited until last year to make a reservation.

Deleted member 3316

You’ve spewed so many words on this topic often (as is the case here) multiple replies per post. Even if I wanted to read your point, it’s lost in the oceans of bullshit, repetition, insults, and condescending remarks you’ve made.
pot calling the kettle black there…
If you can’t take it don’t dish it out.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That’s what happens when multiple people respond to my posts and I prioritise my time.
They were both to Ogre and you could select all the posts you want to respond to with the [+Quote] button and then respond to them all at once, taking the time to condense your thoughts.

-Crissa

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Honestly, I think most of us are just flat out done with this topic. You aren’t convincing anyone, and clearly not willing to be convinced.
but, some
fabricated
ChatGPT responses agreed with him!

and an online publication published an article
that he wrote
and agreed with him!!

and that article even cited an online forum post
that he wrote
as proof that people think it’s a good idea!!

and it’s just that no one is able to understand
why he keeps blabbering on
, that is the problem!!

that, or the people who don’t agree with him are the same people who want to be
put out of their mysert if he doesn’t stop talking about
scalping cybertrucks!!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I wonder what the overlap is between people who want to protect Tesla from the big bad scalpers and those who waited until last year to make a reservation.
but the unbelievable part of all this is: he’s in Australia

he may as well have waited until next year to make a reservation

Deleted member 3316

They were both to Ogre and you could select all the posts you want to respond to with the [+Quote] button and then respond to them all at once, taking the time to condense your thoughts.

-Crissa
Thanks Crissa, I appreciate the feedback but if I condense my thoughts about Orge’s shitposting much more it would be even less civil than I am currently managing.

Believe it or not, I’m actually interested in the opinions of people I disagree with.
You and I regularly disagree but manage to keep it civil most of the time.

I am working on being less reactive to peoples disingenuous use of logical fallacy in argument.

Somedays better than others.

Deleted member 3316

It’s not the scalpers that concern me, it’s the simplistic measures Tesla will implement to mitigate the losses attributable to the complex problem.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Do car companies car about resellers making money?

Outside Ford's marketing ploy to draw attention to the GT40 and the lighting?

Deleted member 3316

Do car companies car about resellers making money?

Outside Ford's marketing ploy to draw attention to the GT40 and the lighting?
I don’t think it’s about how much resellers can make, I think it’s the fact it’s an indicator there’s money left on the table.

Scalping is rarely a problem for most companies because they know where to price their product in the market to disincentivise it. Which is why people who want Cybertruck at reveal prices should be concerned.

The board is set, resellers can’t flood the reservation queue, (not with immediate effect at least) but I’m confident there’s a fair few people that wouldn't characterise themselves as scalpers already in the queue prepared sell their slots.

That being the case and Tesla being in a position to determine the value of those slots, I think a resale restriction will (has the potential to) keep the retail price low.
Sponsored