Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag

Many reasons they will give. Here are a few.

1. Weight distribution- higher so it affects driving dynamics
2. Battery cooling- double stacking would require a different cooling module. Possibly a redesign, but at least an improvement.
3. Cost
4. Range
5. Suspension geometry
6. Production line
7. Lower the floor or raise the seats issue. You canā€™t raise the seats anymore. There are already issues with taller passengers in the rear seat.
8. Aerodynamics. If you canā€™t raise the seats any higher and have to lower the floor, you now have to redesign the airflow.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag

2. Battery cooling- double stacking would require a different cooling module. Possibly a redesign, but at least an improvement.
3. Cost
4. Range
5. Suspension geometry
6. Production line
7. Lower the floor or raise the seats issue. You canā€™t raise the seats anymore. There are already issues with taller passengers in the rear seat.
8. Aerodynamics. If you canā€™t raise the seats any higher and have to lower the floor, you now have to redesign the airflow.
Initially, I hated the fact that Tesla did not offer the original 500+ mile range. Then I saw the video where Tesla's head engineer said that most folks don't go more than 50 miles per day and extra batteries would be wasted. That made me realize that I would rather have an efficient truck than one that can go the farthest.

While I would still prefer at least a 400-mile range, I think we will eventually get there as the battery chemistry continues to improve.

steezymcfresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag

3. Cost
4. Range
5. Suspension geometry
6. Production line
It's hilarious how people think they can design a car better than Tesla with off the whim, uneducated thoughts. These guys are the smartest, hardest working bunch. I trust the product that they put out is the best they can offer.

Cyber Dave 2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Stinger, Road King Classic
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Country flag
Then why did they tell us for YEARS that the truck would have the 500+ mile range? What happened to the 4680 battery? People buy trucks to haul. 50 miles daily is a cop out.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Then why did they tell us for YEARS that the truck would have the 500+ mile range? What happened to the 4680 battery? People buy trucks to haul. 50 miles daily is a cop out.
That's why the CT will be for rich people and city dwellers until they can develop a decent battery and drop the price. I have been invested in tesla since 2016, the same time I reserved my M3. I have lost faith in the company and Elon.

Homestead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Diesel VW, F350, Prius Prime
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
1701377340890-png.png

2024 Cybertruck prices and range.jpg

1701378270328.png

REAR-WHEEL DRIVE:
  • EST. $60,990
  • AVAILABLE IN 2025
  • 250 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  • 6.5 SEC. 0-60 MPH

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE:
  • EST. $79,990
  • DELIVERY IN 2024
  • 340 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  • UP TO 470+ MI. RANGE w/ Optional Range Extender
  • 4.1 SEC. 0-60 MPH
  • 112 MPH TOP SPEED
  • 600 HORSEPOWER
  • 7,435 LB-FT TORQUE
  • 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY

CYBERBEAST:
  • EST. $99,990
  • DELIVERY IN 2024
  • 320 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  • UP TO 440+ MI. RANGE w/ Optional Range Extender
  • 2.6 SEC. 0-60 MPH+
  • 130 MPH TOP SPEED
  • 845 HORSEPOWER
  • 10,296 LB-FT TORQUE
  • 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY

GENERAL SPECS:
  • Towing capacity: Up to 11,000 lbs
  • Payload: Up to 2,500 lbs
  • Bed length: 6 ft
  • Bed width: 4 ft
  • Suspension: Adaptive air suspension
  • Charging: NACS connector
  • Ride height: 17 in
Do we know the actual dimensions of the vault? Length and width, yes, but what about the height of the sidewalls? I have a chance to buy a slide-in camper, but it has only 20ā€ height before the flare out. Will that fit at the cab end of the vault? The slide-in camper is stainless steel and should look good in the CT.
Sponsored