Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
There is no need to re-invent the wheel. Lance and the double-the-price Canadian counterpart Northern Lite are already making excellent truck campers. All they need to do is redesign it for the Cybertruck.

Besides, both already have a wifeys no-compromise on board toilet (and bath). :love:
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why is the need to access the mattress while cooking important? There's no storage space there aside from that second drawer that does not have the induction top, any other cargo will have to go in the frunk or the back seats.
Means you have to set up/ stash the kitchen every night and when you wake up for breakfast.

In general, the bed is the biggest storage area in the truck. I ride bikes, that means changing clothes 2 times a day so I have to climb over the kitchen to get there? Set up a separate changing tent?

Not that it really matters as I don't think we'll ever see a Tesla kitchen produced.
Probably not.

Link? I've never seen an official Tesla render.
Only one I saw which was “Official” was an image on a SpaceX presentation. So not exactly Tesla, but adjacent.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I thought the tent design would go better with a pass-through. That way there's no additional 'door'. You could have a back door, but it wouldn't be the main entrance.

And would you leave the kitchen open for it to get dusty and/or forest duff to fall into it? Wouldn't the drawer close and let you ladder past?

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Seeing you can flat pack and plug in induction cookers and can use a pop out sink, the sidewall storage could easily be used for the kitchen if it would have a integrated fold out table.

Frunk works too, especially if it has a grill lift, as does under rear seat storage drawer.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If anything make it a solid side wall pop-up so you don't have to drag all that RV interior air around from place to place. RVs transport more volume of air than things of function.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
...Making breakfast before your partner is fully dressed?

-Crissa
I would have to agree. My wife sleeps late. I’m up at 5 because my body tells me to even while on vacation/camping. I’m always cooking breakfast for the family when we camp.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
...Making breakfast before your partner is fully dressed?

-Crissa
Means you have to set up/ stash the kitchen every night and when you wake up for breakfast. In general, the bed is the biggest storage area in the truck. I ride bikes, that means changing clothes 2 times a day so I have to climb over the kitchen to get there? Set up a separate changing tent?
Fair enough, however that's easily fixed by not pulling out that second 'drawer'. That way you can still step onto the tailgate and climb into the vault whilst having the camp kitchen deployed.

Only one I saw which was “Official” was an image on a SpaceX presentation. So not exactly Tesla, but adjacent.
Ok yeah I remember that, I wouldn't call it a Tesla illustration though. Someone at SpaceX or the engineering firm just downloaded it from an online 3D object library and put it into the render.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Gives a whole new meaning to breakfast in bed. Cooking breakfast in bed.
Nothing is more painful than stepping on your George Foreman grill when making bacon...