Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Student
Country flag
Hey There:

My name is Sankarshan Balaji and I am a 16 year old in Austin Texas. I have been very interested in the Cybertruck for quite some time now (2019 to be exact) and when the Cybertruck came out on November 30th 2023, I reached out to Tesla who further denied my request to borrow a cybertruck. But that doesn't make me stop. I will never give up. My intentions for a cybertruck is just to give it a test drive or so and learn more about the engineering marvels (things like steer by wire, and powershare, and 48v architecture ). I am an engineering student at the Liberal Arts and Science Academy (ranked #4 in the State) and I'm building robots and I believe that learning more about the Cybertruck in person rather than from a Video would help me learn more about all the new technology that the cybertruck presents. I have a Youtube Channel which I do want to debut with a review of the Cybertruck and yes, I can give credit if you guys want.

I wanted to let you know that I do have my driver's permit and I have about 10k miles up my sleeve since I got my permit. I have driven my family by myself from Austin Texas all the way to Page,Arizona, all the way to Zion National Park. I am a very safe driver and so are both my parents. My parents have a clean driving record and have not been in any accidents or received any police tickets in the last 5 years. Neither have I. We also have insurance and we take full liability of your vehicle while it is under our possession.

I would love to review and experience your cybertruck so that I can learn these technologies and engineering as well as give an honest review of the cybertruck which you will be mentioned in :)

I would appreciate if we can arrange the visit preferably over Summer Break because school and College Board testing is at full swing. I know there are options on Turo but those options are quite expensive and my parents are unable to afford those prices.

I would love to get in Contact with you guys either via Email or by text / call. If you would like to talk to me (or my family) in person or over call to help you get to know us, that's totally fine! I hope we can make my first video with yall's cybertruck.

Regards,
Sankarshan
Sponsored

OP
OP

teslafanboy1

First Name
Sankarshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Student
Country flag
ROFL. 16 year old driving a 100k+, 19 foot long 3 ton vehicle. I won’t even let my own kids drive it. Here for the replies. Good luck finding someone.
Well I have driven a McLaren, Lamborghini Urus, F150, model X and a model 3 in the past. I got a 99 on my Driver's test. I have at least 10k miles up my sleeve and driven lots of road trips. I have never been pulled over and I don't speed. I am a very defensive driver.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
ROFL. 16 year old driving a 100k+, 19 foot long 3 ton vehicle. I won’t even let my own kids drive it. Here for the replies. Good luck finding someone.
Give it a break, not all 16-year-olds are immature, irresponsible brats! He sounds very responsible.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My parents would have probably beat my ass when i was 16 if they found out i was trying to "borrow" someone's $110k+ vehicle online. Especially if they couldn't afford a day's rent on the truck 😜

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
More YouTube channels have started with Cybertruck reviews than any other item in human history. Truck making everyone feel like a celebrity :p

OP
OP

teslafanboy1

First Name
Sankarshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Student
Country flag
Well it is not like my parents can't fully afford it. It's that they can't afford 750-1000 dollars one day in Austin Texas. Ive heard lots of "no"s from YouTubers as well as Tesla themselves and thats why I am asking here in case someone would be kind enough to let me borrow theirs. Like I said, im a very responsible driver and a great student. I know im gonna hear lots of backlash and "no"s by lots of people, but I still don't give up. Being in a cybertruck has been a long time goal of mine and my parents have put in a preorder for a cybertruck last year. Im trying really hard for this because this would really be a dream come true for me. Thanks for understanding.

TwilightHan

First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S, CT Beast Now Ordered
Country flag
I wouldn’t let anyone touch my truck who got less than a 100 score on the drivers test.

stop looking for handouts and pony up your hour worth of salary to rent one on turbo, urus boy.

OP
OP

teslafanboy1

First Name
Sankarshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Student
Country flag
It's hard to trust a 16 year old. I understand that. But would it be possible for a Test Drive by chance?

gaswalla

First Name
Gas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-P100D, X-P100D, 3, CT
Country flag
kudos to the kid for trying... I have kids his age, and they aren't allowed to drive the Teslas. It's not personal, teenagers can be responsible, safe drivers. It's still a risk management issue... if there is a need to take a risk, then it has to be justified. To the OP, you need to change this up from being a random kid asking someone to take on risk to engaging a known person you have a relationship with who feels justified in taking on the risk.
When one needs something and has no relationship, money can serve as the motivation

OP
OP

teslafanboy1

First Name
Sankarshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Student
Country flag
kudos to the kid for trying... I have kids his age, and they aren't allowed to drive the Teslas. It's not personal, teenagers can be responsible, safe drivers. It's still a risk management issue... if there is a need to take a risk, then it has to be justified. To the OP, you need to change this up from being a random kid asking someone to take on risk to engaging a known person you have a relationship with who feels justified in taking on the risk.
When one needs something and has no relationship, money can serve as the motivation
Thank you for that! Maybe I should. Unfortunately I don't have connections with anyone that owns a CT. Maybe I should use some of my allowance to make this come true (like you are saying). But the problem is finding someone. I don't know where to find someone that would be willing to do that.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Tesla will be having test drive opportunities but not scheduled yet. If all you want is a short term drive, try renting for 1 hour.

X-Press-O

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see a bunch for rents on Turo within the Austin, TX area for around $450+ per day.
Sponsored