Photos of Cybertruck at 2022 Shareholder Meeting (Cyber Roundup)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Please explain. Behind the windshield or the LED lamps sandwiched inside the physical windshield glass? Are you expecting the ability to adjust the light bar angle?
The prototype has it behind the windshield, so it doesn't cost any air resistance.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Deleted member 12457

The prototype has it behind the windshield, so it doesn't cost any air resistance.

-Crissa
So a thin light bar inside the roof framework behind the full windshield. I had to look at various photos to see where it is. There's not a lot of room at the top point of the CT so I don't believe Tesla will be able to do very much with the light bar other than to have a static bar, no adjustments depending on the driver's needs when driving in different environments. I know anything attached to the shell of the CT will cause drag but I bet most "truck" buyers will add a roof rack and other things as soon as they can including specialized lighting attached to the roof rack. Yes, mileage will go down but nothing compared to towing. Hopefully Tesla will design their battery and motors to operate with at least a partial load inside the CT along with a light towing load, not an empty vehicle without even a driver on a dyno to get the highest mileage rating possible.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
So a thin light bar inside the roof framework behind the full windshield. I had to look at various photos to see where it is. There's not a lot of room at the top point of the CT so I don't believe Tesla will be able to do very much with the light bar other than to have a static bar, no adjustments depending on the driver's needs when driving in different environments. I know anything attached to the shell of the CT will cause drag but I bet most "truck" buyers will add a roof rack and other things as soon as they can including specialized lighting attached to the roof rack. Yes, mileage will go down but nothing compared to towing. Hopefully Tesla will design their battery and motors to operate with at least a partial load inside the CT along with a light towing load, not an empty vehicle without even a driver on a dyno to get the highest mileage rating possible.
easy to design a lightbar housing with internal gimbal movements to aim the leds in a limited range. Gimme UI control over where the light bar shines! haha.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So a thin light bar inside the roof framework behind the full windshield. I had to look at various photos to see where it is. There's not a lot of room at the top point of the CT so I don't believe Tesla will be able to do very much with the light bar other than to have a static bar, no adjustments depending on the driver's needs when driving in different environments.
The headlights can change their angle based upon need without moving parts. These are already being shipped on the current Tesla cars.

I don't know why you're fixated on this line, anyhow. The point of a light bar is two fold: to throw light where the headlights don't or shouldn't, and to create multiple points of reference for those viewing the moving vehicle in the dark.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
The headlights can change their angle based upon need without moving parts. These are already being shipped on the current Tesla cars.

I don't know why you're fixated on this line, anyhow. The point of a light bar is two fold: to throw light where the headlights don't or shouldn't, and to create multiple points of reference for those viewing the moving vehicle in the dark.

-Crissa
Yeah, that and it looks badass

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
point of a light bar is two fold: to throw light where the headlights don't or shouldn't, and to create multiple points of reference for those viewing the moving vehicle in the dark.

-Crissa
Na..

And to generally look cool, like James Dean

And to be magnificent during contact of the fourth kind renditions

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I have seen the concept in the flesh at the Peterson Museum when it was on display.

2D Photos and videos don’t do the truck justice. It looks handsome and very futuristic. The Cybertruck is going to be a disruptor in the full size pickup segment. It looks like nothing else currently on the road. It won’t need badges or emblems because it’s so different than anything else on the road.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have seen the concept in the flesh at the Peterson Museum when it was on display.

2D Photos and videos don’t do the truck justice. It looks handsome and very futuristic. The Cybertruck is going to be a disruptor in the full size pickup segment. It looks like nothing else currently on the road. It won’t need badges or emblems because it’s so different than anything else on the road.
But but how would you differentiate a plaid from the lowly CT2 ;)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
But but how would you differentiate a plaid from the lowly CT2 ;)
This is one of those weird things about the Cybertruck. Musk has said there would be no branding on it. That means nobody is going to notice your conspicuous spending. Kind of reduces the appeal when a truck which is $20k+ less expensive looks exactly the same.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
This is one of those weird things about the Cybertruck. Musk has said there would be no branding on it. That means nobody is going to notice your conspicuous spending. Kind of reduces the appeal when a truck which is $20k+ less expensive looks exactly the same.
Until you end up at A stop light next to another cybertruck and you blow them away at the gun. Then you've proven your wallet is bigger. Ha.

Deleted member 12457

If you're well-endowed, you don't advertise.
Tesla doesn't list 0-60 times for the CT anymore but a well-endowed quad CT compared to the "lowly" dual CT is like comparing a 100m sprinter running a time of 9.9 sec to one running a 9.4. Both are very fast and faster than 99.9% of any track runner. The same analogy can be used on any ICE truck allowed on the road. Of course there's more to being well-endowed than simple specs. You have to know how to use that speed and when not to.
Sponsored