(Poll) What state are you going to register your CT in?

What state will you register CT in?

• Total voters

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
You do have some good points as my comparisons weren't exactly clear or apples to apples or specifying one state to another, which you sharply picked up on.

My focus was comparison between non-taxed or lower-taxed states, versus higher taxed states when buying a Cybertruck. In those situations I was noting it is better to be in one of the lower or zero tax states.

You're right if comparing new gas to new EV on vehicle property tax in the same state, and I doubt the states are keen enough to depreciate them on any level of accuracy as they likely use a standard formula in many cases.

I was pointing out the sheer amount of vehicle property tax in those states is comparable to the tax incentives or fuel savings over five years, so to me it would be nice to be in a state where I could keep that tax incentive or ownership cost savings instead of giving those amounts to the state government.

- ÆCIII
All true. I would never assume it's cheaper to buy a new vehicle, no matter which state I lived in, than it is to drive an old beater. People buy new cars and trucks because they are nicer to own to and drive, even if they come with higher PP, sales or registration taxes/fees.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Ofc CA is in the lead lol

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
I feel lonely here in central NY. Certainly I’m not the only one willing to admit I’m from this (not so) great state!?

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
Maybe this will tell us how they will prioritize regional delivery? lol
I guess my truck will come from PA even though it’ll be registered in WV.

We have a cabal of car dealers here who managed to lock Tesla out of the state through “lobbying”.:mad:

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I feel lonely here in central NY. Certainly I’m not the only one willing to admit I’m from this (not so) great state!?
Apparently everyone is leaving California so we are making room for you my friend. Just don't move into one of the big cities and you will love it.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck (Poll) What state are you going to register your CT in? Screenshot 2023-11-22 134928

Based on the reservation tracker, this map shows where all the entries were located. Maybe it will be a sign of what other locations will get cybertruck displayed.

Added:
Tesla Cybertruck (Poll) What state are you going to register your CT in? Screenshot 2023-11-22 151038

Last edited:

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-11-22 134928.png

Based on the reservation tracker, this map shows where all the entries were located. Maybe it will be a sign of what other locations will get cybertruck displayed.
Oh nice. That was from this sites tracker? Or you made it

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
Oh nice. That was from this sites tracker? Or you made it
Downloaded tracker data then used excel to map the locations given. I filtered for single, dual, tri and quad motor so I'm not showing semis and SEXY orders.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
State of Denial is missing from the list. I am still waiting for announcement of dual motor 300 mile $50K CT at the end of the month.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I think I'll register mine in the state of confusion, 'cause I'm not sure I wanna buy it at this price, with half the exo missing, and no 500 mile option. :mad:
Sponsored