Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
My apologies, 340 not 350. You are correct. But it is still above the 300 originally planned.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've seen a lot of postings recently from members that haven't been regulars on the forum much over the past couple years, and I've been looking at it almost daily. There's usually been about a hundred or so members online but recently that's doubled with many members not seen regularly at all. I've also noticed more posts from members who've joined only recently or in the past few months.

That would suggest that some recent activity is agenda driven versus continual interaction or regular participation. We knew that many would come out of the 'woodwork' right after the Cybertruck launch, as losing stakeholders will have a serious problem if Tesla can sell a lot of Cybertrucks.
And many forum members would tune in for the news, and boy do they have something to gripe about in the launch edition not meeting the peak specs or price.
  • The Beastmode didn't meet the specs, or the price...
  • The AWD doesn't meet the price, and swapped some features,
  • The only thing to go wow about is that the lowly RWD still exists. And only a few percent of the reservation holders cared about that.

-Crissa

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
And many forum members would tune in for the news, and boy do they have something to gripe about in the launch edition not meeting the peak specs or price.
  • The Beastmode didn't meet the specs, or the price...
  • The AWD doesn't meet the price, and swapped some features,
  • The only thing to go wow about is that the lowly RWD still exists. And only a few percent of the reservation holders cared about that.

-Crissa
And yet the CyberBeast exceeded many of the "specs". As an example, 0-60 in 2019 2.9sec, 0-60 in 2024, 2.6 sec. Of course if that bothers someone, you could just lift off around 55...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And yet the CyberBeast exceeded many of the "specs". As an example, 0-60 in 2019 2.9sec, 0-60 in 2024, 2.6 sec. Of course if that bothers someone, you could just lift off around 55...
2.6 is under 2.9, which is what they promised. And is probably the least important feature. Yes, they exceeded on turn radius and 0-60. Only one of these was specified.

A bit of a distraction from the missed cargo, towing, range, efficiency targets, tho.

But they said they'd release a truck that competed with ICE at the purchase price. They enormously failed on that, hence many threads like this.

-Crissa

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
There is prob two or three sides to this story...but the only side that matters is to the CEO of their company...

Elon didn't want to sandbag innovation to make it affordable. To make the best product, he had to go with what this Halo product means for the future. These innovations will make it into the next generation of affordable cars that will sell maybe 2 million vehicles a year. The future of automotive history has always been innovative technology and that has always came at a price. Believe me he cares about us...but not more than what it could mean for the future of a sustainable world. He is not like Apple making a pretty product with 3 year old technology...innovation is expensive.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I think with inflation plus supplier cost factors along with people wanting the truck slightly smaller to fit into a garage had some effects. Remember when there was a back and forth where Elon said the Cybertruck was going to smaller on the Jay Leno episode, but then there seemed to be push back for a short time to keep it at the original size?

The original size would've allowed room for a larger battery, but it would not have fit into most garages. There may also have been some regulatory or design input from overseas as well that would either require the truck to be smaller or strongly suggest it, in order for it to sell in those markets. So I think making the truck smaller might've prompted the extender option to be designed, but I of course don't know for sure.

Time will tell. When people tow a trailer, they inherently have more room in the trailer itself so I would think a loss of 1/3 vault space isn't a huge problem when towing. I think it's a good idea because the extender should be able to be removed when not towing for a long time, and allow more space for regular use as a truck and daily driver.

- ÆCIII
Agreed. Everyone’s towing and truck needs are different. I would like the range extender for longer trips towing a boat. The loss of space in the vault doesn’t affect me like most because I don’t use the truck in that way. My understanding is that the range extender is removable, which could help some folks but for those who need the range and bed space, that doesn't matter.

FirstRLast

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Tesla model 3s and 2 Cybertruck reservations
Occupation
Smart Home Integration
Country flag
It’s weird the folks saying cry about it. Has console war vibes haha. “Or if you don’t like it leave” similarities.

It’s really ok to critique something you like and are still excited about.

My opinion
I kinda thought this was original aiming to be a dagger for ICE trucks. Instead it’s really more of a dagger for other EV trucks. Preaching to the converted so to speak. I was hoping for more of an undeniably truth like the the last 2 cars (the 3 and Y). They are best in class and the best value in both of their segments. They made a bunch of people who weren’t even considering an EV get on board. I think the old Cybertruck price point and or range was that shot across the bow for all trucks. I’ll still get one and love it and I totally see the value. But unfortunately for most people buying ice trucks I don’t think it will even be a consideration

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
It’s weird the folks saying cry about it. Has console war vibes haha. “Or if you don’t like it leave” similarities.

It’s really ok to critique something you like and are still excited about.

My opinion
I kinda thought this was original aiming to be a dagger for ICE trucks. Instead it’s really more of a dagger for other EV trucks. Preaching to the converted so to speak. I was hoping for more of an undeniably truth like the the last 2 cars (the 3 and Y). They are best in class and the best value in both of their segments. They made a bunch of people who weren’t even considering an EV get on board. I think the old Cybertruck price point and or range was that shot across the bow for all trucks. I’ll still get one and love it and I totally see the value. But unfortunately for most people buying ice trucks I don’t think it will even be a consideration
yes like I said in a previous post, I don't think the ICE silverado, ram and F150 have anything to worry about.

I have reduced my demand from a tri to a duel and I still want a CT if only for the stainless steel, but the real question is can I afford it?

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
yes like I said in a previous post, I don't think the ICE silverado, ram and F150 have anything to worry about.
Im replacing my 16 GMC 2500 HD with the Tri CT...giving up some towing (2k for hitch pull - 11k vs. 13k) + no long distance happiness. Would think 150/1500's much easier to replace with CT eg CT is more capable in everything but range ....but I get it, everyone's use case is different..I never wanted a 150/1500 but I def want a CT

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
2.6 is under 2.9, which is what they promised. And is probably the least important feature. Yes, they exceeded on turn radius and 0-60. Only one of these was specified.

A bit of a distraction from the missed cargo, towing, range, efficiency targets, tho.

But they said they'd release a truck that competed with ICE at the purchase price. They enormously failed on that, hence many threads like this.

-Crissa
So, you are convinced that they "missed" these targets? Or, is it possible they made an intentional, deliberate, informed decision to sacrifice from the higher targets to "nearly" those targets because of some other upside to their decision?

Over 4 years of design and construction, there are certain to be some decisions that give up something in order to gain something more desired. Overall, the CT is an amazing vehicle. I know some people are butt-hurt right now about this feature or another, and/o the price and they are screaming about what a mess this is.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, you are convinced that they "missed" these targets? Or, is it possible they made an intentional, deliberate, informed decision to ...
...miss their targets.

It doesn't matter that they chose to or not, because of course they chose to. They still missed the targets.

-Crissa
Sponsored