RollingRefrigerator

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD CT, M3P, MYP
Country flag
I should have one of the simplest installations and it is $4186. Ridiculous!

I am trying to figure out if I can stay on NEM2 with PG&E with this. For $4200 I want this in writing from the installer and also from PG&E. If I go to NEM3, it would be a nightmare.
Let us know how this works out! I'm also worried about losing NEM 2, as that will cost thousands long term. I think I'll probably have to just buy my own uwc and install myself to avoid the install costs and permits. Have 3x powerwalls already so I just need that "free" wall charger...
Sponsored

Saygmo

First Name
Sas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 awd
Country flag
This sounds like a pretty major issue; and Tesla could make it right (they never seem to want to tho) by giving proper dollar value in supercharging by credit. I currently live in an apartment so couldn’t get the PowerShare, but $2400 worth of gateway/universal wall connector plus $4k install credit is a lot of supercharging, heck even if they only gave the $ value of the items as a 5 year expiring supercharger credit it would feel better. As it sits, if they are denying installs of people who would actually be eligible and not offering to give them the stuff for free to get installed themselves (what if they are a contractor) just for Tesla to save some $$$ after gouging $20k extra for fs series, in the long term I see some lawsuits happening.

At 10k fs trucks that’s $24 million worth of equipment they owe. Plus however many of those are cyberbeast with the $4,000 install credit as well. Just another way to feel shafted for being an early adopter.

moniker

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Canyon
Occupation
Security Engineer
Country flag
WA dual motor ordered 12/22/23 no vin yet.

Quoted $4,700 for the install. They even bragged about how simple of an install Tesla has made it for them. And my situation is about as simple as it gets. Charger a few feet from the panel and they don’t even have to deal with finished walls.

I do all my own electric work. Feeling pretty livid that Tesla won’t let me have the hardware. Not even the charger.

I asked about the breakdown of the price.
Me: Could I get a breakdown of the estimated cost? Hardware and hours of labor?

NWSolar: Tesla covers the hardware. The cost is for permit and installation. I don't know the exact hours of labor.

Me: Okay, what is the estimate based on then? If not hardware or hours?

NWSolar: The cost is based on labor hours. Someone else in our organization decides the price based on labor hours. If it's too expensive, the price for partial-home backup is $1,100 less.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Congrats for being an early adopter. That's what happens..... you test the new stuff.
As an early adopter, I say you’re welcome!

Happy to work through the kinks right now so that when you get your truck in 2027 or 2028, it’ll be perfect!

Cheers!

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
Let us know how this works out! I'm also worried about losing NEM 2, as that will cost thousands long term. I think I'll probably have to just buy my own uwc and install myself to avoid the install costs and permits. Have 3x powerwalls already so I just need that "free" wall charger...
The company that contacted me is getting it in writing from PG&E before I commit. I told them that the only way I will install is if I keep NEM 2. They know how much profit they are making off of me, so they are more than willing to do this. I will let you know soon!

Daryoon

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model X, Model 3, Lexus IS-C
Country flag
If you have PowerWalls, then you should have the a Tesla backup gateway installed?
I am in a similar situation. I have Tesla PowerWalls, their gateway and solar. As well has a HPWC.
Tesla reached out and said I have all the elements to use PowerShare. So they gonna credit my account $700 I can use to buy any Tesla accessories or a universal wall charger. Which cost $620 and was supposed to come with the foundation package.
That means the Powershare gateway that was a part of the Foundation package vaporized for me. I wasn’t offer any 6mo credit or anything to make up for it. All because my home is all ready to go with PowerShare as it is.
They did not mention any firmware that needs to be updated to enable any of that feature to work.

RollingRefrigerator

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD CT, M3P, MYP
Country flag
If you have PowerWalls, then you should have the a Tesla backup gateway installed?
I am in a similar situation. I have Tesla PowerWalls, their gateway and solar. As well has a HPWC.
Tesla reached out and said I have all the elements to use PowerShare. So they gonna credit my account $700 I can use to buy any Tesla accessories or a universal wall charger. Which cost $620 and was supposed to come with the foundation package.
That means the Powershare gateway that was a part of the Foundation package vaporized for me. I wasn’t offer any 6mo credit or anything to make up for it. All because my home is all ready to go with PowerShare as it is.
They did not mention any firmware that needs to be updated to enable any of that feature to work.
Yeah, I received the same $700 email. Interestingly, it seems to imply that you don't even need a wall charger, as it says ANY 220V charger will work. I use the mobile charger, and I'm a bit surprised it will somehow backfeed to my panel?

And yes, no info on Ota upgrades etc. So will this work now? I'm very skeptical, but I think i will drain down my batteries and pull the breaker to confirm. 10 to 1 odds I'm sitting in the dark...

Also, frankly I think I'd rather get the 6 mo supercharging thing. California rates are getting crazy. Last supercharge was 47 cents/kwhr. At that rate I'd be over $1k in 6 months.

CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Bronco SAS Badlands
Country flag
Does anyone know if I only want the Universal Charger installed, they will install and charge for just that? My install should also be simple as I have a 6 gauge wire run back to my panel that should be able to be used. BUT if the install in total or even partial is more than the charger, I will just pass and use the mobile charger and park my car at a SC. I wonder if they'll charge me idle fees....

Tony2times

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
I didn't proceed with quote - 1st they said ~getting you a home visit~, then it became ~send us innumerable photos of your home~. I've already got a charger (40A 240V non-Tesla), I've already got a home generator with a 300-amp transfer switch. I've already got two portable generator input sockets (30A each) with manual transfer switches. The electrical panels in my home look like something out of terminator. I've spent well in excess of $30K on electrical modifications to my home. I've been careful and judicious about the updates I've made. Just because I've made these investments doesn't make "installation in my home infeasible", it just makes it very complicated. How do I become ineligible because I've invested so much and want to be careful about and when/if to invest more? The install cost isn't the point.

Oh and another partial delivery to add to the list: Parking assist missing
I am in a situation where I qualify but I don’t want the system. How do you formally reject the PowerShare system and is there any compensation? I have heard supercharging credits exc but no idea where to start. I don’t want the system because it’s going to be a severe PINA install and Air Condition circuit can’t be picked up making it useless for me when the hurricane hits SoFL. I also am going to go with our local utility who offers a flat rate $35/mo off peak charging option including installation of the hardware.

Troye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride
Country flag
Total BS! I told the installer I was moving within the next year or two and didn't want to install it at my current residence. I haven't heard back yet. I have an AWD and 6m of supercharging is worthless to me. I'll never get $2400 out of supercharging in 6 months. Tesla should give us a $2400 supercharging credit that expires in 5 years.
I was just shot down for it too without much of an explanation. Not even a choice to appeal their decision. I would not get much use out of the Supercharger credit either. Really disappointing.

Tesla Cybertruck Powershare (charger/gateway) returned to Tesla if not installed 1710374476344-28

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I was just shot down for it too without much of an explanation. Not even a choice to appeal their decision. I would not get much use out of the Supercharger credit either. Really disappointing.

1710374476344-28.png
If you're not happy with the decision then go through arbitration. It's in the contract. Here is the email for complaints. [email protected] I am planning on going through arbitration if the outcome is not fair.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
As an early adopter, I say you’re welcome!

Happy to work through the kinks right now so that when you get your truck in 2027 or 2028, it’ll be perfect!

Cheers!
"DIDDO"
Sponsored