dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
it was working for the first 4 days and then I now have "No recent data available." Only thing I tried doing is resetting the gateway with the orange reset button. Tesla support doesn't even know what Powershare is. :p Anyone else encounter this problem and other possible solutions. No manual for Powershare gateway connection issues.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
it was working for the first 4 days and then I now have "No recent data available." Only thing I tried doing is resetting the gateway with the orange reset button. Tesla support doesn't even know what Powershare is. :p Anyone else encounter this problem and other possible solutions. No manual for Powershare gateway connection issues.
Interesting. I am getting the gateway installed next week and they told me that the firmware for power sharing isn’t even out until the end of May.

OP
OP

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I am getting the gateway installed next week and they told me that the firmware for power sharing isn’t even out until the end of May.
It will be June or later. However, you need to register it on your app when it is installed. It will just show power through the gateway and allow control over your universal charger.

Jackson0810

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We already have a Powerwall and a Universal Wall Connector but don’t see anything in the app related to PowerShare. Would love to see screenshots of what all of you see so that I can maybe understand why this is not working for us yet.

Also, if you could share what software version your Gateway and Wall Connector are on, I’d appreciate that as well.

Powerwall Gateway: Version 23.44.0
Wall Connector: Version 24.12.51-7855f62

OP
OP

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well Tesla support was not supportive for my issue. Hopefully Matika is part of the next group of people fired. She was not helpful yesterday with radio silence on when she was working and then today she was assigned to me and immediately left chat. Couldn't even reconnect after that, so maybe blocked my IP address.

Edit: I hate to turn on/off breakers, but it was my last option. It regained connection after I flipped the 125 Amp breaker and waited a few minutes to turn back on. Resetting the gateway with the orange button did nothing, it needed a hard reset.

Last edited:
OP
OP

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We already have a Powerwall and a Universal Wall Connector but don’t see anything in the app related to PowerShare. Would love to see screenshots of what all of you see so that I can maybe understand why this is not working for us yet.

Also, if you could share what software version your Gateway and Wall Connector are on, I’d appreciate that as well.

Powerwall Gateway: Version 23.44.0
Wall Connector: Version 24.12.51-7855f62
What ColonelZ posted is what you see in the app. It was setup in the app under new products and "Powershare Setup."

The Powerwall Gateway doesn't have a version number. It just says "Version --" The Wall connector is the same version as what you listed.

Jackson0810

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What ColonelZ posted is what you see in the app. It was setup in the app under new products and "Powershare Setup."

The Powerwall Gateway doesn't have a version number. It just says "Version --" The Wall connector is the same version as what you listed.
Thanks. That was VERY helpful.

Jackson0810

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I guess I will have to reach out to support to find out why PowerShare is not being shown/recognized when the CT is plugged in.

OP
OP

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess I will have to reach out to support to find out why PowerShare is not being shown/recognized when the CT is plugged in.
It has not been updated to the Powerwall app yet. It is not functioning, even for us that just have the Powershare function. If we have a power outtage, the gateway will not supply power to the house. The installers said they will be doing an update, hopefully in June to allow access. I would wait until then. The people that work for customer service for Powerwall have no idea what Powershare is. If you do reach Matika, tell her I said hi. :)

Kroton

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just got an email from Tesla starting that Powershare has been enabled. Below are the requirements.

Cybertruck: 2024.14.3 +
Tesla app: 4.32.5+
Universal Wall Connector: 24.12.51
Powershare Gateway: 23.44.906

Powershare functionality for homes with Powerwall, Backup Switch and solar in the Powershare backup system is expected in late 2024.

Kroton

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My app shows -- for the gateway version so I may need to open a ticket to make sure it's communicating.

Jackson0810

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It has not been updated to the Powerwall app yet. It is not functioning, even for us that just have the Powershare function. If we have a power outtage, the gateway will not supply power to the house. The installers said they will be doing an update, hopefully in June to allow access. I would wait until then. The people that work for customer service for Powerwall have no idea what Powershare is. If you do reach Matika, tell her I said hi. :)
Ahhh I assumed the original poster was saying PowerShare was working for them then stopped.
Sponsored