Prediction: A slew of CT cancellations on the horizon

Joe_T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Country flag
Huh, those prices don't show the same for me.

Screenshot_2023-11-30_at_12.54.13_PM.png

-Crissa
So profoundly disappointed that they increased prices as much as they did. Really hoping they would have come in only 10, even 20k more.
Sponsored

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I want some of whatever youā€™re smoking.
The masses may believe millions are gonna ask for a refund and that may be true, but whether you agree or not, not everyone thinks the same or are in the same position as folks asking for a refund. The millions who are gonna request a refund already gave Tesla a five year interest free loan. Tesla can give them their $100 back and keep the difference šŸ¤£.

zoomer0056

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Yep, Iā€™m one of those. No freaking way Iā€™m paying 80k for something that was supposed to be 50. I completely understand the need for some price adjustments especially as long as weā€™ve been waiting, but thatā€™s just ridiculous.
The website shows your $50k version available in 2025.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I'm the dumbass impatient one that bought an myp in 2022 and am now 30k underwater. Cybertruck can float right?
I feel your pain. I bought a used 2018 Model X in 2021 - and its now lost an additional ~$45k in value. You can now get a new MX for just just a little more than I bought a 2018 used model for 2 years ago.

chadisawesome

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Software
Country flag
it's true normal cars depreciate over time, but normal cars don't have a CEO that needs to make numbers so he slashes the price of new vehicles 10k occasionally which immediately depreciates the value of your car even more quickly.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
it's true normal cars depreciate over time, but normal cars don't have a CEO that needs to make numbers so he slashes the price of new vehicles 10k occasionally which immediately depreciates the value of your car even more quickly.
You're right, "normal" OEMs rely on incentives and "cash on the hood" deals like Truck Month to make $10k price changes. Same effect, but rather than running a constant sale Tesla just changes the list price.

Deleted member 12457

Goodbye everyone! Iā€™m cancelling today. I was around 50,000, reserved in the first hour. No way Iā€™m paying twice what the price was in 2019 (I had the $5k FSD included). TSLA stock taking a hit shows how ridiculous the price increases are. Iā€™ll keep my Tacoma.

I did rent a Model 3 this week and hoped the Rocklin, CA, dealer store was getting a CT so I could actually see one but it never arrived. Oh well, it was an interesting ride (the CT) but not in the cards.

For all you people who say the increase is normal, wake up! Itā€™s not! Blame inflation on who and what you want to but a 40-50% increase in 4 years is bad management, really poor projection and price gouging.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
For those hating price increases, what would you expect even after a 'normal' four years (which we certainly haven't had), let alone the past four years of high inflation? Bitch all you want, but make sure you place the blame where it truly belongs, which is not on Tesla. They're just maintaining standards of quality and technology they set out to build while they've had to endure increased costs on everything while developing the Cybertruck.

You always have lesser alternatives and legacy auto vultures are waiting.

- ƆCIII
I am sorry but inflation over the last 4 years cannot explain a 50% increase in price. Either Elon and his team were totally delusional in 2019, or they expected a continued decrease in battery price to less than $100/ kwh by now.

If tesla currently can't sell more than 100 k S and X's, perhaps Jim Cramer is right and they will only sell 50 k CT if the price is hgher than the S and X.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Goodbye everyone! Iā€™m cancelling today. I was around 50,000, reserved in the first hour. No way Iā€™m paying twice what the price was in 2019 (I had the $5k FSD included). TSLA stock taking a hit shows how ridiculous the price increases are. Iā€™ll keep my Tacoma.

I did rent a Model 3 this week and hoped the Rocklin, CA, dealer store was getting a CT so I could actually see one but it never arrived. Oh well, it was an interesting ride (the CT) but not in the cards.

For all you people who say the increase is normal, wake up! Itā€™s not! Blame inflation on who and what you want to but a 40-50% increase in 4 years is bad management, really poor projection and price gouging.
Yeah I am Elon's biggest fan and a M3 owner since 2018 but I am wondering if he has finally lost it. He is swearing at clients of X and says he doesn't care if it goes bankrupt, tesla stock if floundering, space x starships keep blowing up, my starlink internet service is worse than when I first got it as a beta and now this.

Elon is not a god, he is just a man and has his limitations.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Hi, Iā€˜m from Switzerland and I placed a redervation about 3 hours after the original unveil event.

Below I did some calculations based on Model S pricing in USA and SUI (Switzerland).

The only tesla that is sold in europe and usa and itā€˜s made in USA seems to be the Model S

USA Model S
USD74ā€™990.00 = CHF65ā€™644.00

SUI Model S
CHF 84ā€™900.00

Fron USA Model S to SUI Model S = +30%

*Hypotetically*!!

Cybertruck Rear-Wheel Drive
USD60ā€™990.00+30%
*CHF69ā€™396.00*

Cybertruck All-Wheel Drive
USD79ā€™990.00+30%
*CHF91ā€™015.00*

Cyberbeast
USD 99ā€™990.00+30%
*CHF113ā€™772.00*

Now I reserved the Trimotor, which seems to be the Cyberbeast. If I would buy it I would migrate to the All-Wheel Drive version. My decision in a nutshell:

I will not order my cybertruck because:

- Actual range is way far off the promised one, and no, I will not put that heavy, bulky ā€žrange extenderā€œ on the bedā€¦

- Extreme price increase
I live in Canada and the pricing isn't on our Tesla website even though we are considered the same NA market.

The exchange rate between the CAD and USD is about 1.36 (CAD/ USD) but when tesla prices its cars in Canada it is usually 1.41.

Even with the scaled down duel motor which is fine with me, at 80 K USD, no federal grant and our 13% HST tax, I am looking at 126 k CAD. Too rich for even a tesla I am afraid.

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I'm not requesting a refund now as I see no need to (no telling what the price will be when my order is actually up), but I am disappointed with this pricing list. At the current price (and based on my desired minimum requirements), I can't justify spending $80+ on a car. If my Renegade gives out before my cybertruck order is up, I'll probably just buy a Ranger or something similar. I'm definitely not anti-EV, but I'm more pro-cybertruck than a die-hard EV fan. Wishing everything the best.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Keeping mine! The AWD with range lower than I wanted, will suit what I need 95% of the time. Truck capabilities with almost SUV feel. Will consider the range extender. I am stoked! Price sucks for many and is my far reaches, but I have been saving and preparing, and there is no other EV truck I would want
agreed. keeping my reservation.
Sponsored