Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Radtech
Country flag
With the car markets in such chaos and soaring price points, any idea how this may impact our reservation prices?
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I would suspect there might be some price increases on certain trims, but Tesla will likely do their best to honor their original listing prices the best that they can. Can you imagine a field day the anti-testla media would have with even a one cent pricing increase?

NewUser

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW 2013 GTI
Country flag
I would suspect there might be some price increases on certain trims, but Tesla will likely do their best to honor their original listing prices the best that they can. Can you imagine a field day the anti-testla media would have with even a one cent pricing increase?
Of Course they are going to increase prices on the CT. They increased price on all models. The CT is no exception to this. The question is how much will they increase it not If they will increase the price.

OHRJR

First Name
Octavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Escalade ESV
Country flag
Im pretty sure price will increase, I mean it has to. Inflation, and other things going on, its going up for sure. The question is how much.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Of course they're not going to raise the price. The additional cost will be in the options, things not shown on the prototype.

More than half of Tesla's price increases were to keep demand low enough so the queue wouldn't be years long, and they'd have had to raise prices in the first week of reservations to do that for the Cybertruck.

-Crissa

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
With the car markets in such chaos and soaring price points, any idea how this may impact our reservation prices?
There probably will be a price increase to account for increased costs. I did a comparison last night of the price different between when I got my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD and the cost of a Model 3 LR AWD today (a somewhat close comparison, though not the exact same vehicle), and the price since 2018 has increased by about 18%.

It is probably safe to assume a 20% increase over the announced costs based on the Tesla price increases over the past few years. That would mean the Dual-Motor All Wheel Drive would probably cost 60k. The Quad-Motor it is more difficult to say. If they simply take the tri-motor cost and increase for inflation, then we are looking at about 84k, but that is now a different non-quoted trim so who really knows.

They will most likely want to compete there trims against the Ford F150 Lightning, so I would expect them to not raise the prices much beyond the F150's top tier price. The top trim F150 lightning is 95k, I would guess Tesla will want to beat that price point on the Quad-Motor for prestige/vanity reasons if nothing else (not including price of Full Self Driving Autopilot).

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I said it long ago, you will never see a 39k cybertruck. The reality is Tesla promises lower prices but never has delivered, partly because they take years between reveal and production and costs go up the longer they delay.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I said it long ago, you will never see a 39k cybertruck. The reality is Tesla promises lower prices but never has delivered, partly because they take years between reveal and production and costs go up the longer they delay.
Yes, they have.

Please stop propagating this nonsense.

Model 3 for $35k was available people own these cars and drive them.

I’m not sure that translates to the current situation which feels a bit different, but there is no history of Tesla breaking pricing promises. (Deadlines… oh yeah do they miss deadlines)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There probably will be a price increase to account for increased costs. I did a comparison last night of the price different between when I got my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD and the cost of a Model 3 LR AWD today (a somewhat close comparison, though not the exact same vehicle), and the price since 2018 has increased by about 18%.

It is probably safe to assume a 20% increase over the announced costs based on the Tesla price increases over the past few years. That would mean the Dual-Motor All Wheel Drive would probably cost 60k. The Quad-Motor it is more difficult to say. If they simply take the tri-motor cost and increase for inflation, then we are looking at about 84k, but that is now a different non-quoted trim so who really knows.

They will most likely want to compete there trims against the Ford F150 Lightning, so I would expect them to not raise the prices much beyond the F150's top tier price. The top trim F150 lightning is 95k, I would guess Tesla will want to beat that price point on the Quad-Motor for prestige/vanity reasons if nothing else (not including price of Full Self Driving Autopilot).
In 2018, Tesla recognized a 20% margin per Model 3.
In 2021, Tesla had gotten their profit per car up to over 32%.

That's an increase in profit of 60%. It's not quite the 18 points the price went up, but...it's the majority of them.

-Crissa

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Sooooo true!

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of Course they are going to increase prices on the CT. They increased price on all models. The CT is no exception to this. The question is how much will they increase it not If they will increase the price.
Don’t try and convince any of us! We are stuck in our old ways here😆.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Before Tesla calls to configure .
Buyer: telling family, I will not pay that much! No way. Ever!
Tesla calls, would you like to configure?
Buyer, Hell yes!
buyer: how Much?
tesla, $$$$$$$
Buyer: Yup. Got it right here. 💵😊
Tesla: Thank you sir.
Buyer: no thank yooouuuuu.
Buyers family: what, we thought you said you would not pay so much!
Buyer: well, I know, but I’m so emotionally invested ya know? 😈

cannot wait to get into mY CT. I truly am excited about Quad. Would love to know more on price, specs, etc. cuz, I just may fork
Out the dough!
Sponsored