Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How is Smi coming out if 4680 is not ready?
Semi is moved to next year.

But that doesn't mean they don't have enough batteries for Y and Cybertruck.

They did not delay Cybertruck's launch, still. They said Cybertruck is moving into Beta now, as the factory comes is finished.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Is that salesman musk taliking?
Does he want more MY orders instead? Because they are a known quantity and guaranteed sales through the door?
I think he was being honest. Stuff they do is very difficult and there are too many variables that make it that way. It is not like the old kinda work that just because you dug two holes in the past you could predict with a fair accuracy how long it is going to take to dig the third hole. They constantly depend on breakthroughs. They do have a ton of smart people and statistically speaking there is a good chance they will have a lot of those aha moments they are waiting for but there is no guarantee that they will. Sitting outside looking in, it is easy to develop an expectation that it will happen on a schedule but there is a rolling dice element in there too.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Elon also mentioned what part it was that was holding up all those cars earlier this year: A processor board for the airbags.

They literally could not ship fully-completed cars without it. Airbags are required. That's why the Plaid delay.

-Crissa

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Prepare to be a billionaire when you get your CT

The statements that left an impression on me (not necessary new):

Manufacturing is very difficult. It takes thousands of elements to work correctly for mass production to happen and it will be as fast as the slowest one (paraphrase)

4680 will be million mile battery :) and it is not ready :( shooting for limiting chemistry variations

Cybertruck is new so we expect new challenges for it's manufacturing.

Conclusion: Once CT is out, it will be great however it is not wise to hold my breath for it. In other words it should go to the category of want items rather than need items. I should buy what I need now and reassess when my number comes up.
I think it was pretty obvious on launch day that this thing would be years away. I'm perfectly content with that. Then again my plan has always been to not replace my current vehicle until 2024 at the earliest.

If your vehicle is needing replacement soon then make peace with it and move on to something available when needed. You can always revisit it when available.

I just find it insane that so many other people, not specifically saying you but the general complaints of ct timelines i see on social media, got reservations thinking this thing would be waiting at their door for them like a year later and are now shocked that it's not there earlier than advertised pre covid, then add on the additional restraint of covid to that and it's still unfathomable to them that the product isn't ready yet. For one.. Were they living in a cave and never noticed the wait times between announcement and delivery of every other Tesla product? Secondly, there has been shortages of ketchup! Yet Tesla reservation holders are pissed that a new technology that hadn't had it's most basic details worked out at announcement think that something immensely more complicated than ketchup or pool chemicals should have been both fast tracked and simple to produce during the most difficult two years of modern history for manufacturing.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
All I’m “hearing” (before watching) is :cool:

They did not delay Cybertruck's launch, still. They said Cybertruck is moving into Beta now, as the factory comes is finished.

-Crissa
:alien:

And edited to add:

Cubertruck beta production is happening now. There is some difficulty in scaling 4680 for high volume. So I'm sticking with sept for beta vehicles and first production deliveries of Cybertruck in q4 2021

Let’s stick with the cup half full! ?

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I just finished listening to the call twice and reading the report once. Model Y will be produced at giga Texas first with Cybertruck following. Cubertruck beta production is happening now. There is some difficulty in scaling 4680 for high volume. So I'm sticking with sept for beta vehicles and first production deliveries of Cybertruck in q4 2021

OP
OP

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag

-Crissa
He said it, just not in clear direct ways. I would use this example… if somebody says the car will be built on time but we can’t source the battery, engine, tires or seats… which would you believe?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just finished listening to the call twice and reading the report once. Model Y will be produced at giga Texas first with Cybertruck following. Cubertruck beta production is happening now. There is some difficulty in scaling 4680 for high volume. So I'm sticking with sept for beta vehicles and first production deliveries of Cybertruck in q4 2021
Your optimism is starting to piss me off ;)

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
If the Cybertruck was delayed, they have moved the date, like they did with Semi.

-Crissa
Which means that low volume production of 4680 is expected to meet the ramp needs of model Y and Cybertruck.... just that the difficulty in high volume is enough to delay semi.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its not optimism. They have a projected date of q4 on their website. They haven't changed it.
So do you think the Beta CTs will be roaming around in public for us to see or they will be in a secret boring tunnels deep deep under? What has been the tradition with S3XY?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So do you think the Beta CTs will be roaming around in public for us to see or they will be in a secret boring tunnels deep deep under? What has been the tradition with S3XY?
That they wander the streets and nearly no one sees them until they show up in Oregon or next to me at the pizza joint by the beach or the movie theater. It's just weird.

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think by Sept. @Crissa will see them at Trader joes.
Sponsored