Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
I’m hoping that as well, but I’m not sure I want to spend $100k on a truck, if that’s what the price turns out to be.
I agree, happy with my dual and the 10k self drive option. 60k feels a lot better for a new production truck.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's a bit disappointing that due to their own shortfalls Tesla is looking for a way out of their pricing commitment by screwing over their most die hard early tri-motor cyber truck fans/reservation holders.
I tend to agree.

Still in wait and see mode though. The “good news” is this could be the way Tesla avoids bumping prices on the existing configurations.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The thing about the price is that from the jump he said that making the CT the way it was, and why it looked the way it did is because of the ease of manufacture, and design simplicity. It was to be the pinnacle of efficient automobile manufacturing. Almost like the raw marriage of car manufacturing, and efficient engineering. The result was to be a low priced wildly capable vehicle that no other vehicle could match in engineering specs, and subsequently, price.

I thought the goal was to engineer the hell out of it and put it on the market at a price point that slammed the door on the competitors. The mic drop moment in automobile manufacturing where OEMs get gapped.

Now it'll be delayed further just to be jammed with stuff others have... then priced just like they are. Man, that seems to undermine the whole thing a bit.

I'll reserve my full on foot stomping and crying until Elon's Cybertruck Reveal Part II.

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
I think the Single Motor model will be delayed until 2026 or dropped altogether.

No other Tesla to date uses four independent electric motors for propulsion. I don’t see it happening but you never know with Tesla.
The single is important for the Tesla vision in total.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
dual motor will get hummer ev style crab mode. quad motor will have both hummer ev style crab mode and rivian r1t style tank turn. Meanwhile F150 lightning just drives straight. :ROFLMAO:

CyberCFP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
The thing about the price is that from the jump he said that making the CT the way it was, and why it looked the way it did is because of the ease of manufacture, and design simplicity. It was to be the pinnacle of efficient automobile manufacturing. Almost like the raw base of car manufacturing, and efficient engineering. The result was to be a low priced wildly capable vehicle that no other vehicle could match in engineering specs, and subsequently, price.

I thought the goal was to engineer the hell out of it and put it on the market at a price point that slammed the door on the competitors. The mic drop moment in automobile manufacturing where OEMs get gapped.

Now it'll be delayed further just to be jammed with stuff others have and priced like they are. Man, that seems to undermine the whole thing a bit.
I don't know about that. I view it more as it will have and do everything every other EV truck can do, but out perform every other competitor on range, tech, speed, etc.

Sgt. Glenn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cybertruckphotography.com
Vehicles
2012 JKU Call of Duty/ Modern Warfare Edition
Occupation
Aerospace Photographer
Country flag
Sawyer Merrit confirmed Quad and Dual motor versions are the first to be made.

I’ll bet they just develop a dual motor and a quad motor. The tri motor seems superfluous. Maybe they will have a dual motor 500 mile variant.

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t doubt the price will rise but remember it was not just batteries where they cut costs, single mega cast chassis/vault, and cut and fold body saves space and cost of a number of robots as well as human labor and fairly spartan interior too. So price increases “may” not be as bad as you speculate.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Actually the tri motor will not go to the end of line of start of production.. just behind the quad motor. Dual motor goes to the end of the line.
Everything is kind of out the window. How long will the quad be the only shipping config? Will dual and tri ship at the same time? Have they dropped the single motor config entirely?

All a big gray cloud.

Kirko

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota 4Runner Cybertruck Reservation holder
Occupation
Reliability maintenance
Country flag
I am afraid in the last iteration the quad motors will be replaced with the Raptor engines.
I would love me at least a dual raptor engine on mine! It doesn't necessarily have to be vacuum optimized either.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Everything is kind of out the window. How long will the quad be the only shipping config? Will dual and tri ship at the same time? Have they dropped the single motor config entirely?

All a big gray cloud.
Well you can't complain about one thing... Tesla makes the wait entertaining.
Sponsored