Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Although 347K seems like it is way out there, we really don't know which trim will be first, how long it will be before other trims are available, how many reservation holders will buy the truck, how many people with multiple reservations will buy and how many, how Tesla will fulfill multiple reservations, how fulfillment will be performed over geography, or other factors.

I am out at 250K overall but there was a time when the tri-motor reservations were 40% of the total so I could guess that I would be about 1/3 into that trim whenever it started being produced. I also guessed that at least 20% of the tri-motor reservations would drop out for one reason or another. Those two metrics alone put me closer to 80K in line which could conceivably happen in 2024. So as frustrating as all of this waiting is I am hoping for a 'call' around the middle of next year.

I am guessing that your guess of another year at least uses similar reasoning?
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Don't worry about your place in line. If the truck is >$80k many reservation holders will be priced out of the market and your reservation will move up.

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
Reserved a tri-motor during the unveiling, and hoping the Ford PU I bought new in 1997 will hang on another year while Cybertruck production ramps up.
My 1996 Dodge ram power steering went out. now I need to fix It. I need my CYBERTRUCK!

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
My 1996 Dodge ram power steering went out. now I need to fix It. I need my CYBERTRUCK!
Ah, I've been adding P.S. fluid to my on a fairly regular basis, and the AC has quit, otherwise working okay. Fingers crossed...

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Once the production starts and we see how many reservations are getting converted to orders, Iā€˜ll see what it looks like my delivery might be (Iā€™m waaaay back in line) and look at maybe getting a 3 or S in the meantime. If itā€™s a year to two years, maybe a 3 Perf, if it looks like longer, then an S Plaid. Iā€™m looking at it this way, no I wonā€™t be the first one to get it. But the 4680s will be more mature by then, and the initial production glitches will be sorted out, and Iā€™ll be good until then.

I have no doubt that the pricing will be a huge factor in the conversion rate.

PT2424

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I have a reservation from the morning after the announcement. Should be about 100k into production. But I don't really need a truck anymore. I wonder if there will be a market for trading reservation spots.
You most likely to make a profit from flipping it buy/sell
Sponsored