Roof rail is a little off, Tesla service say it's within standards and no adjusments needed.

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
FWIW there is a wrapping video on utube that mentions how loosening body panel bolts (to make it easier to wrap tight spots) allows micro adjustments in the steel panels.

I don't remember the video title but it think it was early from OCDetailing. Maybe something you or if your eventually get it wrapped as a last resort.
Sponsored

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
my quasi OCD would trigger on that, I'd try another service center. If I couldn't get them to do it because in spec, me personally, I'd pay them their hourly labor rate and have them fix it. Shouldn't have to and understand many wouldn't and it's bs, but for me I would and it would be resolved and I'd go on with a big smile!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
My OCD alarm would be going off until it’s fixed. I heard that the trim piece is bolted on and can be adjusted.

I’m still shocked at the QC at the Tesla US assembly plants. Why do Shanghai assembly plants have much higher fit and finish? Buyers in other parts of the world have higher expectations and won’t put up with poor fit and finish.

loki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
@TESBROS also mentioned he had this issue but was some missing bolt? Maybe he can write up a quick guide on how to get to that bolt so we can try micro adjustments? It seems like many of us are having the same issue and would be invaluable.

Hawaiianshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, Cybertruck ordered
Country flag
Just wanted to share a frustrating experience I had with Tesla's service center. I brought my Cybertruck in for a minor issue with the roof rail trim. It's just a bit off at the end, nothing major. When I arrived, the service advisor greeted me warmly and told me I'm a VIP customer because, well, it's a Cybertruck. :cool:
But to my surprise, after inspecting the trim, they informed me that it's within Tesla's standards and refused to make any adjustments. They kindly sent me on my way without addressing the issue. :rolleyes:
Now, I'm left wondering: Am I being too picky here? After all, it's just a small imperfection. But then again, shouldn't a premium vehicle warrant a premium level of attention to detail? I attached a picture for reference. Take a look and let me know what you think. Should I push harder for a fix, or am I overreacting?

IMG_1936.jpg

It can be fixed in short order. Pressure them to fix it.

TESBROS

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
CEO at TESBROS
Country flag
@TESBROS also mentioned he had this issue but was some missing bolt? Maybe he can write up a quick guide on how to get to that bolt so we can try micro adjustments? It seems like many of us are having the same issue and would be invaluable.
Sure, happy to do a video. That's my guess. I took apart that area and studied the EPC Parts Catalog and that's really the only thing puts it in place. The holes are also slightly bigger so it can be adjusted. I can see though that it's not easy to put the nut there so I can see why they want to skip it haha.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag

To: Everybody

Date: August 23, 2023 [time stamp removed]

Subj. Cybertruck Precision

Due to the nature of Cybertruck, which is made of bright metal with mostly straight edges, any dimensional variation shows up like a sore thumb.

All parts for this vehicle, whether internal or from suppliers, need to be designed and built to sub 10 micron accuracy.

That means all part dimensions need to be to the third decimal place in millimeters and tolerances need be specified in single digit microns.

If LEGO and soda cans, which are very low cost, can do this, so can we.

Precision predicates perfectionism.

Elon

Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Highlander, 10 GL450, 03 Vette, 69 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Was at an EV show this morning and checked the few CTs there for this issues, and sure enough it was there.
IMG_7103.jpeg
IMG_7102.jpeg
Sponsored