Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The plan was to leave them a paper napkin note accepting delivery with check and drive off in a respectable manner. 100% legal.
If I drive slow, I will blend in without notice.
LOL... It's going to take a couple of years for a CT to be able to "blend in". LOL
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The plan was to leave them a paper napkin note accepting delivery with check and drive off in a respectable manner. 100% legal.
If I drive slow, I will blend in without notice.
If you have to ruin it with staying legal at least promise you Won’t take off the dummy suit. That is the only way people won’t notice CT.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
october seems reasonable. 2022

Although I was thinking more like spring of 2022. The factory is still being constructed and it looks like a few more months until "dry-in". Then all the internal stuff needs installing. So limited production of the Y at the end of the year seems possible. CT? months later. I am thinking they will need the cathode factory to start production of Austin 4680s

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Where do you guys think is the weak link? What most likely to cause delay?

Sinton’s steel rolls?
8000 lb casting machine?
4680?
Structure of the factory itself?
Regulations?
………

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Sinton’s steel rolls?
8000 lb casting machine?
4680?
Regulations?
………
I suspect so long as the Gigapress is in place they will find a way to source any of the rest. It's Texas so I doubt regulations will be a big deal.

Still little worried about the 4680 cells & structural battery, but it sounds like they are coming together.

Earnings call is 1 week out. I expect there will be an update then. They had an update on the Model Y in the earnings call prior to launch.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Sinton’s steel rolls?
8000 lb casting machine?
4680?
Regulations?
………
that stupid weather they have had the past 60 days,,,,rain, rain and more rain.....

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I suspect so long as the Gigapress is in place they will find a way to source any of the rest. It's Texas so I doubt regulations will be a big deal.

Still little worried about the 4680 cells & structural battery, but it sounds like they are coming together.

Earnings call is 1 week out. I expect there will be an update then. They had an update on the Model Y in the earnings call prior to launch.
yea but Elon's, shortly or couple weeks, never really materialize.....still have not seen update of pictures even after he has said the design is the same....but he keeps adding (all wheel steering)....I know the design will change and before the press is here, but they have to freeze the final design sometime before that can build it and certify it....

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
yea but Elon's, shortly or couple weeks, never really materialize.....still have not seen update of pictures even after he has said the design is the same....but he keeps adding (all wheel steering)....I know the design will change and before the press is here, but they have to freeze the final design sometime before that can build it and certify it....
Well again, there is a solid chance the earnings call will shed some light one way or the other.

Failing that... the gigapress is pretty big. If production is starting in December, we should see it soon.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well again, there is a solid chance the earnings call will shed some light one way or the other.

Failing that... the gigapress is pretty big. If production is starting in December, we should see it soon.
are they still trying to make parts in Fremont and ship to Texas?.....that might help some but the battery is the short tooth pick in the hand

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
are they still trying to make parts in Fremont and ship to Texas?.....that might help some but the battery is the short tooth pick in the hand
I think they are going to do whatever it takes to get production started even if it's just a few units at first.

I don't know if the battery or the gigapress is the big hangup, but it seems like they have a few potential sources for batteries and only one source for a press.

Deleted member 5322

what is the fuel load for the helicopter vs CT3.....I get it is less range in the woods, but a helicopter (Huey Type) has about 3hrs fuel before bingo
CT3 will outperform the police helicopter like a baby!
check this out!

Specifications & Dimensions
HelicopterR66 Turbine Police Helicopter
EngineRolls Royce RR300 Turbine
Horsepower300 shp turboshaft; derated to 270 shp for takeoff and 224 shp continuous
Maximum Gross Weight2700 lb (1225 kg)
Approximate Empty Weight (including oil, avionics & standard police package)1433 lb (650 kg)
Fuel Capacity (73.6 gal)493 lb (224 kg)
Pilot, Passengers, and Cargo with Max Fuel774 lb (331 kg)
Cruise Speed at Maximum Gross Weightup to 110 kts (127 mph)
Hover Ceiling IGE at Maximum Gross Weightover 10,000 ft
Hover Ceiling OGE at Maximum Gross Weightover 10,000 ft
Rate of Climbover 1000 fpm
Maximum Operating Altitude14,000 ft
Electrical System28 volt
Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: Cybertruck (Not Model Y) Will Kick Off Production at Gigafactory Texas & Use Structural Battery Pack w/ 4680 Battery Cells R66-3-View_Police_gray_bkgd-1024x575

https://robinsonheli.com/r66-police-helicopter-specifications/

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

Sinton’s steel rolls?
8000 lb casting machine?
4680?
Regulations?

let's start at the press first - can't do much without that.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Hello Cybertruck Owners Club!

I wanted to discuss the possible reasoning for Tesla maybe shifting the Austin TX focus from the Model Y production to the Cybertruck production. I believe Tesla wants to begin with this amazing new truck. I think, Tesla wants this truck out on the streets. Tesla relies on News coverage as well as word of mouth advertising. Having actual Cybertruck's on the streets is great for Tesla and the Cybertruck.
What do you think?

I hope we are correct and that the Cybertruck production begins as soon as possible.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Hello Cybertruck Owners Club!

I wanted to discuss the possible reasoning for Tesla maybe shifting the Austin TX focus from the Model Y production to the Cybertruck production. I believe Tesla wants to begin with this amazing new truck. I think, Tesla wants this truck out on the streets. Tesla relies on News coverage as well as word of mouth advertising. Having actual Cybertruck's on the streets is great for Tesla and the Cybertruck.
What do you think?

I hope we are correct and that the Cybertruck production begins as soon as possible.
Some truth to this, however their strategy has not been marketing focused, it’s all about the product performance and innovation. and that’s where the marketing dollars are allocated. So CT needs to show equal or greater economic value (at time of lunch or net present value of gained market share ) as opposed to making another model in its place

IMHO
Sponsored