MARSROVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Occupation
Ed.
Country flag
I can't say much mostly because I don't know much. What I can tell you is this week I was on conference and spoke with someone "in the know" who assured me that the RWD Variant will be 2 motor, one on each wheel.

He said that from everything he has seen by the design team, there would be no single motor Cybertruck.

To be clear - there will still be a $39,990 RWD Cybertruck, but it will have 2 motors on the rear axle.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
Gonna b a lot of people pissed .that placed an order, and one's still ordering. and taking reservation.

Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: There will be no single motor Cybertruck! RWD model will be dual motor. Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 3.25.27 PM

Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: There will be no single motor Cybertruck! RWD model will be dual motor. Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 3.25.27 PM

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I reserved single motor. Basically it's semantics whether there's one motor or two as long as it's rearwheel drive only at $39,900 or there abouts. Actually a motor driving each rear wheel would be way better.

OP
OP
MARSROVER

MARSROVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Occupation
Ed.
Country flag
Gonna b a lot of people pissed .that placed an order, and one's still ordering. and taking reservation.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 3.25.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 3.25.27 PM.png
Sorry, I guess I didn't explain that properly. There will still be a $39,990 RWD cybertruck, but it will have 2 motors on the rear axle.

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
That make sense. Like the Tri 2 rear, I front. Thanks(y)

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks for the new news... I am going to go put an order in for a rwd now because I had the AWD 2 Thinking the Single RW drive motor might not be worth a damn. But 2 motors? They probably are going to increase the power instead of cutting the expected power of a single motor in half to each of the two motors.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I have a hard time understanding this. So the AWD dual motor will have a single motor in the rr and a single in the front? Why would you put a different drive train in the rr of the dual then the rwd? Why would the AWD be 10k more with the same amount of motors? Makes no sense to me. Of course I am the same guy that want to buy a Hammerhead Eagle i Thrust

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I have a hard time understanding this. So the AWD dual motor will have a single motor in the rr and a single in the front? Why would you put a different drive train in the rr of the dual then the rwd? Why would the AWD be 10k more with the same amount of motors? Makes no sense to me. Of course I am the same guy that want to buy a Hammerhead Eagle i Thrust
Exactly. I reserved a dual motor. Following the same logic that a single motor is actually 2, the dual should actually have 3 (2 in the rear, 1 in front), and the tri should actually have 4 ( 2 and 2), which would place it on par with the Rivian.

Can any confirm this rumor? As of now, all we have is hearsay.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Not buying it. Makes no sense.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
From this thread I started thinking of playing poker....
Tesla said the deck we are playing with has Aces Deuces, Treys.
One two or three motors...
But now I read on here that the single motor rear wheel drive will have 2, as in TWO, motors? Did I get that right?
Well if it did our hands just got upgraded from an Ace to a pair of deuces.
And that throws everything into ' WTF" is going to be the motors and their set-ups in all three(?) of the motor configurations. I mean YOU saw that didn't you.... One motor is two...and no price increase? THAT SHOULD BE A THREAD IN ITSELF, but wait...
So if the 1 motor Cyber has two motors instead is the 2 Motor actually going to have 3 motors? Right? I mean...? And THAT DESERVES A THREAD.
And then the 3 motor? It can't be the same as the new 2 motor? So it will be inline with the Rivian? 4 motors.... tank turns?

Last edited:

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Will like to see the "official" configuration, accessories, Specifications and prices when it all gets listed...

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Reserve right to rant or count blessings when official specs are released.

Thanks for the post.

Karen Palmer

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't say much mostly because I don't know much. What I can tell you is this week I was on conference and spoke with someone "in the know" who assured me that the RWD Variant will be 2 motor, one on each wheel.

He said that from everything he has seen by the design team, there would be no single motor CT.

To be clear - there will still be a $39,990 RWD cybertruck, but it will have 2 motors on the rear axle.
Thank you for that.....hope its true but why?

CarsBarsMars

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus, Infiniti, BMW
Country flag
I’m not familiar with the axle configuration, but the competition is moving towards one motor per wheel, so Id expect Tesla to eventually be a bonkers version of one per wheel.
I preordered dual motor awd but honestly when it comes time I’m probably going tri motor and dumping two of my current vehicles instead of one.
Sponsored