Screen print of the premium accessories with Foundation Series- Anybody missing items on delivery day?

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
I am hopefully picking up my CT tomorrow morning and I understand that the Tesla Center may not know all of the equipment you are supposed to get in the CT such as the D-Rings. I need a screen print or some documentation that lists those accessories. I can't believe I did not get screenprint, but I captured the list in a spreadsheet for comparison. I appreciate anything someone can provide. Also, is anyone having any issues with getting like a due bill for their hubcaps or anything else that has been missing.

I did find this Frequently Asked Questions with a list: https://www.tesla.com/support/cybertruck-faq

HubCaps and Center Cover (4)
Weather Mats
Roof Shade
Center Console Organizer
Gear Locker Divider
Bottle Opener L-track
L-track Hooks (how many)
Vault D-rings (how many)
Power Share Mobile Connector
Power Share Home Gateway
Lifetime premium connection
35" Wheels
White decor
Foundation emblems
J1772 adapter, mobile charger, and the pigtails for the mobile charger for 120v and for 240v
Sponsored

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I don't believe that the truck is yet to ship with everything. Known situation.

OP
OP

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is a PDF I put together based on the FAQ page and the individual accesories in the shop that indicate what comes with the Cybertruck Foundation Series. The only thing I don't see listed are the hubcaps, so I hope that is not a problem.

Attachments

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I don't believe that the truck is yet to ship with everything. Known situation.
We know, but the rep at our showroom tried to pull out his phone and say "oh it only says 'premium accessories'" when I asked if they knew when I'd be getting the D rings that weren't in there. I had to pull out my phone, go to the D ring store page, and show him that it said the foundation truck comes with 4 in order for him to put it in the computer as something they owe me.

I don't care exactly when they show up, even if they don't show until the wheel covers do, but it's a thing we paid for, that I don't expect they will chase me down to deliver like they will with the wheel covers.

Chaetagnath

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck ordered
Country flag
Here is a PDF I put together based on the FAQ page and the individual accesories in the shop that indicate what comes with the Cybertruck Foundation Series. The only thing I don't see listed are the hubcaps, so I hope that is not a problem.
My rep said they would be in touch when the hubcaps become available. I am hoping that means we still get them when the redesigned ones are released.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
We know, but the rep at our showroom tried to pull out his phone and say "oh it only says 'premium accessories'" when I asked if they knew when I'd be getting the D rings that weren't in there. I had to pull out my phone, go to the D ring store page, and show him that it said the foundation truck comes with 4 in order for him to put it in the computer as something they owe me.

I don't care exactly when they show up, even if they don't show until the wheel covers do, but it's a thing we paid for, that I don't expect they will chase me down to deliver like they will with the wheel covers.
And once you pulled out your phone, did the rep walk into the back and get you what was missing?

It's the factory that will initiate sending everything out.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And once you pulled out your phone, did the rep walk into the back and get you what was missing?

It's the factory that will initiate sending everything out.
No, nor did he indicate that for sure they would put it in the system as something they owe me. They are very specific to not give answers that sound concrete. Anything I told him was news to him.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD (on 05/30/2024)
Country flag
There was another thread where the owner was told the D-rings are being redesigned and that's why they're not being shipped with FS trucks.

IIRC, the SC put the four (4) d-rings on a Due Bill for later.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
No, nor did he indicate that for sure they would put it in the system as something they owe me. They are very specific to not give answers that sound concrete. Anything I told him was news to him.
Yes, it is news to him. He hasn't delivered, nor followed the truck as closely as you.

And yes, while he may have learned something, he had to spend more time babysitting you.

A Tesla Delivery rep isn't the same as a Dealer. The Delivery rep's job is to finish up any paperwork and get you the car.
My Neice recently had a Model Y pickup in New Jersey. They had completed everything in the app. and when they got there, their car was in the lot. Never saw a delivery rep.
That's Tesla optimizing the delivery process.

Comparing Tesla to Amazon is a lot more prudent that comparing Tesla to Ford.

The traditional car makers have made the car buying process too big of a deal. Too much work.

At work I can place an order for $500,000 worth of goods much easier than I can buy a car.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There was another thread where the owner was told the D-rings are being redesigned and that's why they're not being shipped with FS trucks.

IIRC, the SC put the four (4) d-rings on a Due Bill for later.
and this was all I was looking for. But apparently trying to get that makes me unreasonable. :rolleyes:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
and this was all I was looking for. But apparently trying to get that makes me unreasonable. :rolleyes:
My entire life I've felt it was prudent to get things in writing, and I still do in general, but with Tesla, especially with little things under $1000, I generally let it slide if it's public knowledge what I have coming to me. I do this because it's just easier and I know Tesla will make good on clear promises. The gray area is with the timing, because it's often "when it's available". That would bug me if I was flipping vehicles, or getting a new one every 6 months, but I don't buy a vehicle unless I'm planning to keep it.

I bought one of the first Model 3 Performance available and it didn't come with Performance badging yet. I waited until it was widely available and then I made a service appointment to get the badging. Just know that Tesla probably won't call you and tell you they have your badging (or D-rings, etc). Just make an appointment when they are available. It will be free, including installation.

It really is that simple.

OP
OP

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My rep said they would be in touch when the hubcaps become available. I am hoping that means we still get them when the redesigned ones are released.
I just shot an email over to the sales group where I picked up my car asking about the 4 d-rings and hubcps. I will post the response.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I just shot an email over to the sales group where I picked up my car asking about the 4 d-rings and hubcps. I will post the response.
Were the d-rings not already installed? Mine were on the sidewalls, front and back positions, 2 inches up from the bed.

Wheel covers are on hold, hubcaps don't exist from Tesla for the Cybertruck.

OP
OP

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, if the ones on the side wall were the four you get. I kind of assumed those were on every truck and you get four more on the floor in the Foundation series. At least I was wishful thinking. I see they are allowing hubcaps to be ordered by selection the new orders, so I hoped that started to send out those to us with the already purchased Cybertrucks.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Yes, if the ones on the side wall were the four you get. I kind of assumed those were on every truck and you get four more on the floor in the Foundation series. At least I was wishful thinking. I see they are allowing hubcaps to be ordered by selection the new orders, so I hoped that started to send out those to us with the already purchased Cybertrucks.
I think that they figured it was just easier that way, you can move the AFAIK.

You need to be careful with your wording of hubcaps, that's NOT what you will be getting from Tesla.

2017-2023 | Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit (tesla.com) is a hubcap (actually a little bit more than a hubcap)
2017-2023 | Model 3 Aero Wheel Cover (tesla.com) is a wheel cover

The "hub" is that rusty part that you see.
Cybertruck Cyber Wheel Cover (tesla.com) is the wheel cover.
One is 4 inches, the other is about 24 inches.

There are some 3D prints and third-parties selling hubcaps and net covers for the Cybertruck. That's what I use on my Model 3 instead of the wheel covers.

And yes, the auto industry has called then dubiously the wrong things forever. But at Tesla, they are two different things.
Sponsored