JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, 3, X
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Has to be the weather and your cabin overheat protection. What days were you gone and what was the weather like? You will need to adjust the temperature of the cabin protection. If it’s really cold or really hot you are going to drain your battery because of the heat pump. You need to find a medium on your cabin protection temperature.
This was back in early Feb. and it was parked in a covered parking structure at LGB airport. If I'm not mistaken, it was cold and rainy (by SoCal standards) but not extreme cold/hot by any stretch. I didn't even set the cabin protection temp so unless it's just my CT, sentry mode is quite a drain on the battery.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
im new to Teslas, EV. My CT is plugged in from 9pm to 7am to charge to 80%. I dont need Sentry Mode right now as it's in my garage at night. My problem is the truck will drain in 12hrs during the day when Im not using it. climate is off, sentry is off. Nothing Im aware of is on. what could be discharging this much? thanks in advance.
How much will it drain?
Have you installed any thrid party applications to monitor the truck?
Is Sentry not enabled because it is home or is it actually turned off? If not, turn it off and test.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This was back in early Feb. and it was parked in a covered parking structure at LGB airport. If I'm not mistaken, it was cold and rainy (by SoCal standards) but not extreme cold/hot by any stretch. I didn't even set the cabin protection temp so unless it's just my CT, sentry mode is quite a drain on the battery.
How many events? I wonder if the noise level kept it awake more than it should've been.

-Crissa

Mnext02

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
When parked in a garage with traffic, my M3 seems to lose 5-7% per day. When I went on a backpacking trip for 12 days over the summer, I disabled it (and cabin overheat protection) and came back with my car having lost only 1% after 12 days.
how do i turn off cabin overheat?

Texarado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’24 CT AWD FS; ’18 Model 3 AWD
Country flag
I don’t have cabin overheat as an option on my CT yet. But… should be in your climate controls.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
how do i turn off cabin overheat?
Try searching the manual. That's what I just did for you and found

Cabin Overheat Protection
Cabin Overheat Protection prevents the cabin from getting too hot in scorching ambient conditions. While not necessary to activate whenever you leave Cybertruck, the climate control system can reduce and maintain the temperature of your vehicle’s cabin. This can prevent the cabin from getting too hot after leaving it parked in the sun, making the vehicle more comfortable when you return. Cabin Overheat Protection may take up to 15 minutes to enable once you exit the vehicle. This feature is intended for passenger comfort and has no impact on the reliability of your vehicle's components.
To turn on, touch Controls > Safety > Cabin Overheat Protection and choose:
  • On: The air conditioning operates when the cabin temperature exceeds 105° F (40° C), or the selected temperature on the touchscreen or mobile app. Customizing temperatures may require the most recent version of the mobile app.
  • Off: Disables Cabin Overheat Protection.

But I didn't think that the Cybertruck had it yet.
Sponsored