Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I like the Owl on the screen for sentry mode. But I can see how an alert German Shepherd, Doberman, or Rottweiler dog might be cool too. Then for various triggers the dog could bark or growl. Would need a library of those sound variations though, so that people wouldn't start recognizing them after a short time.

Another cool thing about that idea is that with the Tesla sound systems being so good, if the glass is tinted one might not even be able to tell if there's a real dog in there or not.
- ÆCIII
Our dog Sam doesn't like strangers. There's no way I'd leave a window open for someone to reach in, and get a greeting from Sam!

Tesla Cybertruck Sentry Mode Cyber Owl Screen seen in parked Cybertruck sheriffsam
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I wonder if it plays the same song on trigger of alert. Or if it does something more newage

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I'm thinking the owl might have mixed meaning for anyone of Native American descent. In many tribes, it is a symbol of death, in others it is a symbol of magic/mysticism. I hope Tesla takes that into account when they roll the Cybertruck out.
In a cybertruck it is a symbol of sentry mode. In winnie the pooh the owl was wise... I would think an owl is certainly in the public domain and should offend anyone.

Reactions: Jow

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Nooo lol. The cards/rings stink lol.

I always use the fob on my 3 to open frunk and summon. But I could always get whatever fob they use and try to do some mods. They're expensive tho

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I am encouraged that we haven’t seen any vandalism of the vehicles up to this point. They obviously attract a lot of attention. Tesla in general has struggled with folks with mixed emotions keying the cars probably more than other brands.
Probably more to do the obnoxious Tesla owners then their cars. I say this while trying to become an owner...of more then just the stock.

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR+, 2021 Model Y P
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I like the Owl on the screen for sentry mode. But I can see how an alert German Shepherd, Doberman, or Rottweiler dog might be cool too. Then for various triggers the dog could bark or growl. Would need a library of those sound variations though, so that people wouldn't start recognizing them after a short time.

Another cool thing about that idea is that with the Tesla sound systems being so good, if the glass is tinted one might not even be able to tell if there's a real dog in there or not.
- ÆCIII​
Yea, until a concerned citizen who parks beside you calls the cops on you because they think you left a dog in your truck. Then you get a ticket for having windows too dark to see through.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yea, until a concerned citizen who parks beside you calls the cops on you because they think you left a dog in your truck. Then you get a ticket for having windows too dark to see through.
You didn't get the memo that Tesla's have "Dog Mode" which keep dogs cool or warm?

Side windows are allowed darker tint in many states.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Rachael : Do you like our owl?
Deckard : It's artificial?
Rachael : Of course it is.
Deckard : Must be expensive.
Rachael : Very.

It’s a hidden message from Elon telling you the CyberTruck is going to be crazy expensive. 😜

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm thinking the owl might have mixed meaning for anyone of Native American descent. In many tribes, it is a symbol of death, in others it is a symbol of magic/mysticism. I hope Tesla takes that into account when they roll the Cybertruck out.
No matter what Tesla picks, it's going to be a problem for someone. You can't please everyone, just do it.

The current "eye" or camera lens could be considered pretty creepy. Some might take offense that it reminds them of a Japanese Zero or a cyclops, or who knows what else. People need to understand that messaging is a matter of intended message, and no one can anticipate all the ways someone might be offended, so it's up to people to not read their own preconceptions into everything because everything is highly offensive on some level.

COLAB

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
colabsystems.com
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Product manager IT services
Country flag
1697492441791.png

Cybertruck should have parked in the highest suspension setting, so the car behind could pull under the rear bumper area!
yes of course, and if my aunt had one it would be my uncle!!! 😜 🤙

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
You didn't get the memo that Tesla's have "Dog Mode" which keep dogs cool or warm?

Side windows are allowed darker tint in many states.

- ÆCIII
However, Tesla does not have karen mode to defend itself. Some folks break windows to save pets without understanding the vehicles capabilities.
Sponsored