Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I was gonna give you a hard time, then I saw your location is France. So, it's a good possibility you are more used to working with metric measurements. The length of the bed is 6 1/2 feet, which works out to 78 inches. So 57 inches does seem correct for the width.
The width of a regular bed is 48" between the wheel wells. Since the CT is as wide as my F-350 was, it would make sense the bed is also as wide. Those wheels stick into the bed at least 4 inches each so 48+4+4= 56. It was said early on that the width of the vault was actually 57"
Sponsored

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The width of a regular bed is 48" between the wheel wells. Since the CT is as wide as my F-350 was, it would make sense the bed is also as wide. Those wheels stick into the bed at least 4 inches each so 48+4+4= 56. It was said early on that the width of the vault was actually 57"
What happened to: "It"s the size of a F150 SuperCrew with a 6.5 foot bed"? Now it's a F350? I'm going to need a BARN to store! I guess I'll have to be like Cybertruck Tampa and leave it outside, no Tampa you can't come to my house and charge your truck!!!

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
It has not gotten any larger, it just is not getting any smaller.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
What happened to: "It"s the size of a F150 SuperCrew with a 6.5 foot bed"? Now it's a F350? I'm going to need a BARN to store! I guess I'll have to be like Cybertruck Tampa and leave it outside, no Tampa you can't come to my house and charge your truck!!!
Not bigger. But because there are no intruding fender wells, it'll seem bigger. The F350 bed is the same width as the F150 bed, I do believe... And that is right at 48"between wheel wells.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
yes I wold have put 10k down Iā€™m not trading anything in so buy the time production starts I will be financing 25k the rest cash, I bought two motor model when Iā€™m contacted for the 7500. I will upgrade to 3 motor if it wonā€™t change delivery, Iā€™m in the first 100k

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Last edited:

ElectricSheep

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
It took me months to talk my wife into putting up the $100. Not sure I could talk her into $5,000.
I haven't told my wife that I put the $100 down the early morning after the reveal, but she sure wasn't happy to learn that I had put down $2500 for a Model 3. In the end we decided not to complete the Model 3 purchase (hence I still have a wife). $100 is a far smaller investment than $2500.

We bought a Jeep Rubicon instead since it fits our lifestyle better than the Model 3 and as the most modified vehicle on the planet there will be an electric conversion upgrade in the future. I have plans to either replace it with the Cybertruck or replace her minivan with it, although she has her heart set on the VW Buzz retro microbus. The issue is that the ability to go topless, take the doors off, and go almost anywhere that a vehicle can go is the sticking point for me.

I got such a good deal on my Jeep and I have left it basically stock so my loss would be minimal. Originally had two Cybertrucks on order, but cancelled one. Currently have the trip-motor, but am thinking of editing it to a dual motor before the July 1 FSD price increase.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I was considering a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon for when my current vehicle (Subaru) gets paid off, but then the CyberTruck reveal happened. I have research and comparisons...

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As a professionnal i will take a loan for the cybertruck. So i donā€™t want to pay more at this time.
I agree .. sounds like some of the more wealthy members want to get pushed up in the line .. same old ā€˜stuffā€™

tjordan

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertuck (on order - dual engine model)
Occupation
Forester
Country flag
It took me months to talk my wife into putting up the $100. Not sure I could talk her into $5,000.
You have to ask your wife to spend $100?
Ouch
Only $48,900 more to convince her on (plus tax and cyberquad)!

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I haven't told my wife that I put the $100 down the early morning after the reveal, but she sure wasn't happy to learn that I had put down $2500 for a Model 3. In the end we decided not to complete the Model 3 purchase (hence I still have a wife). $100 is a far smaller investment than $2500.

We bought a Jeep Rubicon instead since it fits our lifestyle better than the Model 3 and as the most modified vehicle on the planet there will be an electric conversion upgrade in the future. I have plans to either replace it with the Cybertruck or replace her minivan with it, although she has her heart set on the VW Buzz retro microbus. The issue is that the ability to go topless, take the doors off, and go almost anywhere that a vehicle can go is the sticking point for me.

I got such a good deal on my Jeep and I have left it basically stock so my loss would be minimal. Originally had two Cybertrucks on order, but cancelled one. Currently have the trip-motor, but am thinking of editing it to a dual motor before the July 1 FSD price increase.

We bought a Jeep Rubicon instead since it fits our lifestyle better than the Model 3 and as the most modified vehicle on the planet there will be an electric conversion upgrade in the future. I have plans to either replace it with the Cybertruck or replace her .......
Had to reread that. For a second I thought you were saying replace her ...if she didnā€™t agree to your CT.

Well it made me chuckle

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
For me, Iā€™d probably go as high as $5k. Thereā€™s still a lot of unknowns with the CT, so more than that would be tough.

I think going back on the $100 would send the wrong message. But maybe some sort of extra incentive for people that are willing to commit more money at an earlier date. Maybe free supercharging for a period of time based on how much you put down now. Or a custom engraving like the old iPods. ?
I agree going back on the $100 would be a terrible idea but I would sure go for a voluntary say, extra $5000 deposit if it would speed up the execution and delivery process - in exchange I would be rewarded with a "founder" logo on my CT. On the other hand would this be sending out the wrong message that Tesla is short of bucks and needs the extra dough to speed up the delivery process? I don't believe Tesla is scratching for bucks so they probably don't need or want my extra deposit money.
Tesla would be in a difficult position. If my extra deposit would move me up the list for delivery, that would be wrong and unfair as well.
The truth is, that so many of us are totally committed and keen to get our CT that paying upfront is not a problem. The wait is a real pain in the a...!
Sponsored