Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So you guys really think there will be a sail-pillar cubby…. I’m just not seeing it… help me out people, what am I missing? If you study the video there are no horizontal breaks .
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So you guys really think there will be a sail-pillar cubby…. I’m just not seeing it… help me out people, what am I missing? If you study the video there are no horizontal breaks .

We don’t really have good enough resolution to see it one way or the other.

@Sirfun pointed out the seam at the top-front of where there would need to be a seam. It is certainly possible it is not for the sail pillar. I don’t think there is any other reason there would be a seam there. The door opening ends below there. The rest of that rail above the doors is seamless from the very front to there.

Tesla Cybertruck Side sail area? 1643086943874

It’s not definitive, but certainly suggests it’s there.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I was going to link that, but then I realized it’s an older shot from the other prototype.
It is a gull wing providing shelter from rain when open. Compartments similar to a drugstore within.

if the sail storage does not materialize, I am still good if price point is unchanged. However, if added at reservation 500,001. Maybe some envy.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It is a gull wing providing shelter from rain when open. Compartments similar to a drugstore within.

if the sail storage does not materialize, I am still good if price point is unchanged. However, if added at reservation 500,001. Maybe some envy.
One of the frustrating things about watching the battery videos I’ve been watching is he keeps talking about “This **awesome thing** probably won’t show up for 2-3 years…” and knowing the truck I get likely won’t have it.

The big one which hurts is he suggested Tesla Silicon anodes which were part of battery day won’t likely happen for 2-3 years. Their new anodes will enable massively faster charging. Up to megawatt speeds.

But early CT buyers likely out of luck. Range is likely to get better too.

Much like I miss our on the benefits of structural battery on my Model Y.

Cry for me Argentina! I’m getting screwed over.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
One of the frustrating things about watching the battery videos I’ve been watching is he keeps talking about “This **awesome thing** probably won’t show up for 2-3 years…” and knowing the truck I get likely won’t have it.

The big one which hurts is he suggested Tesla Silicon anodes which were part of battery day won’t likely happen for 2-3 years. Their new anodes will enable massively faster charging. Up to megawatt speeds.

But early CT buyers likely out of luck. Range is likely to get better too.

Much like I miss our on the benefits of structural battery on my Model Y.

Cry for me Argentina! I’m getting screwed over.
I will never buy if I wait for the next upgrade. However, “hey son, do you want my CT?” As a take delivery on new model. ?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I sure hope it’s still there. Though looking at it, I have to wonder how you would open it. It would sure be a little bit irritating having to open the Tesla app each time. Maybe one of those buttons along the vault rail.
Just like the frunk, I love being able to store stuff there but opening the app or the door every time is a bit annoying.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I unfortunately don't see sail in the pics

Can't be just cut 3 mm , there would have to be something on the edges. Even it the steel was doubled over… we would notice it in the pic. I'm sure

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Why?

-Crissa