OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Oops, my math is off, but they do make 35’s.
Sponsored

Sigjumper

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Those are MT/R’s. If my math is right, 265’s would basically be 35’s which are an off the shelf item.

You are correct, they are MT/Rs. I was distracted by the sidewalk indents from another’s post on the Internet. WRT size, 315/70r17 is 35x12.5 , they are also off the rack tires.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
“Most likely it won’t ship with those huge aggressive tires. Picture it on some 255/40r18’s in an all terrain tread.”

I disagree- the tires are made by Goodyear (marathon logo and name are visible in the pre-debut window test that Elon posted). That said, GY does not currently have a 35” tire in that tread pattern on the market. I think these are made to order for the CT. I could be wrong, but as a long-term modified jeeper, I am pretty adept in off-rod tires.
I believe Elon stated in the reveal it comes with 35s. GY i saw too. Fingers crossed agressive M/S pattern and 35s.

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Send Twitter to Elon... for request
I have never used Twitter or most so-called social media apps, so I guess I won't be making any suggestions that get to Elon Musk. I have found several retracting door steps and I think that Tesla could make a great pneumatic one. The design seems straight forward.

Sigjumper

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I read there was a pass through or will be a pass through to the bed. So maybe that could work? I am hoping that the cover keeps the bed dry when closed.
I've seen this discussed several times on this forum, but today, I was looking at the photos from Motor Trend, and realized that the rear window stops at the top of the bed, and there is no (currently visible) break in the bed wall going into the cab. I "think" with the small stationary glass pane, the seats would have to fold flat forward, and the bed would have to be able to fold flat, inwardly to the cab, for a pass-through to be possible. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I don't see anything right now that supports its existence. Like I said earlier- I've seen other discuss it, but no semi-official word that Tesla actually supports this idea.

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
I've seen this discussed several times on this forum, but today, I was looking at the photos from Motor Trend, and realized that the rear window stops at the top of the bed, and there is no (currently visible) break in the bed wall going into the cab. I "think" with the small stationary glass pane, the seats would have to fold flat forward, and the bed would have to be able to fold flat, inwardly to the cab, for a pass-through to be possible. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I don't see anything right now that supports its existence. Like I said earlier- I've seen other discuss it, but no semi-official word that Tesla actually supports this idea.
agree. Considering that the bed cover slides behind the cabin, I don’t see it possible.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
agree. Considering that the bed cover slides behind the cabin, I don’t see it possible.
The bed cover Maybe can slide even deeper or all the way under the bed. we'll see.

But most important ist the question about dogs in the car. I'd like to remove the rear seats and install a net behind the seats so dogs can travel safely. That space looks rather big, so Maybe it also can be used to Sleep there.

68Voltswagen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 VW Bug, 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 21 Cybertruck Tri-Motor FSD
Occupation
Telecommunications Tower Technician
Country flag
I decided to take a look for a sidestep that would look nice with the Cybertruck, I know it is not retractable but I think it might fit well with the design. Let me know what you think. :unsure:

https://tufftruckparts.com/i-87198-...-9986-hd-step-cab-length-and-bracket-kit.html

I am also working on a Tinkercad design for a retractable step. I just need to figure out how to mount them and a strong 180-degree actuator. Does anyone have a few undercarriage photos by chance? or some measurements?

Tesla Cybertruck Side step, roof rack, and dogs F155304665

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
My personal bet for any kind of pass through is if the rear window had a horizontally-sliding section (commonly known as a beer window). It would probably be something that could be available as an aftermarket retrofit if Tesla does not offer it like the other Truck manufacturers. The fancy ones are powered.
See my previous post in another thread:
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...nd-row-partial-bio-defense-mode.290/post-2681

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I saw a tweet awhile ago where someone asked about vault access from the cab and elon replied yes.

Sigjumper

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I saw a tweet awhile ago where someone asked about vault access from the cab and elon replied yes.
In all fairness (and if memory serves), he said it would probably have hvac, possibly have a pass through, and have partial bio isolation.
Sponsored