SilveradoEV 2024 deets finally revealed:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The launch version is not rated for 20k pounds towing. Really confusing marketing on this with an odd mix of features some of which are not coming at launch.
Aha, I thought they were playing some trick. The $40K base model Silverado EV will not tow 20k lbs. Probably need $120K model Silverado EV.

Before GM ships 20k lbs. towing Silverado EV, Tesla will be volume shipping Cybertruck MAX-6 HD Super-Duty 6-wheel 6-motor version with 4,200 lb payload & 20,042 lbs towing.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Aha, I thought they were playing some trick. The $40K base model Silverado EV will not tow 20k lbs. Probably need $120K model Silverado EV.

Before GM ships 20k lbs. towing Silverado EV, Tesla will be volume shipping Cybertruck MAX-6 HD Super-Duty 6-wheel 6-motor version with 4,200 lb payload & 20,042 lbs towing.
Hopefully the rear tires are inset or something then. Duallys are such a nuisance for every day use.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Every time a new EV truck comes out I just think that they CT is going to be even cooler. The specs even from 3 years ago are still better than models that companies are announcing today. It does seem like the competition and one upping from other companies is making an impression on Telsa and I think these competitors are only making our future CT better. I think Tesla is being quiet about the CT but once the final features come out its going to blow us away.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
Payload is limited to only 1,300. With my wife, 2 boys & myself, without any of our stuff. That only leaves 500lbs for tongue weight while towing. Tongue weight is supposed to be 10% of whatever you are towing.

So that would mean max. towing 5000lbs. No bueno!!!!!
Load levelers are used on most travel trailers and others. Muy bien!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
With this release of the Silverado ev it’s in a strong second for me right behind the cybertruck. Ford didn’t do enough as far as design so they could stand apart more from how the regular f150’s look. I like what Chevy has done with this. The only thing keeping it in second place for me is the exoskeleton and SS on the cybertruck and Tesla batteries. I love all the new competition and it’s making it a lot of fun to see the new designs coming out. Like another member said, if they can put out a Silverado ev in the trail boss trim that would be the sweet spot for me.
The only BEV pickup reveal left is the Ram.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Every time a new EV truck comes out I just think that they CT is going to be even cooler. The specs even from 3 years ago are still better than models that companies are announcing today. It does seem like the competition and one upping from other companies is making an impression on Telsa and I think these competitors are only making our future CT better. I think Tesla is being quiet about the CT but once the final features come out its going to blow us away.
In typical Tesla fashion we won’t know every feature and detail until the CT goes into production. Tesla never spills the beans early to help avoid competitors getting one leg up so to speak.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
The only BEV pickup reveal left is the Ram.
I was thinking about that today as well. A TRX-based EV would be choice!! I'd probably slot that or the R1T into 2nd place after CT.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
GM is taking notes from Nikola and Chinese EV makers, create some CGI BEV to sell reservations then disappear……or file for bankruptcy again. All the money they spent on Nikola had to do some good right?

Edit: also GM delivered 26 BEVs last quarter so I’m 100% certain GM will LEAD in BEV delay-very.
Sponsored

Last edited: