Ingemar

First Name
Ingemar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
What do you think about the option to sleep in the cab?

I think that would be better then something on the back. Glass roof, Netflix, heating/cooling and the Gear can stay as it is on the back.

I hope it will be possible to fold the seats flat somehow so 2-3 people can sleep there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

I think that would be better then something on the back. Glass roof, Netflix, heating/cooling and the Gear can stay as it is on the back.

I hope it will be possible to fold the seats flat somehow so 2-3 people can sleep there.
This is one of the main reasons I hope for the mid-gate with the back seats folding flat, level with the bed of the truck. That way I could put in a blowup mattress, with my upper body under the glass roof and have my lower body under the vault cover. With my gear, near the tailgate and in the under the bed trunk. Like you said, have all the advantages of being inside the vehicle.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Someone suggested in another thread the possibility of folding the seats and the back wall for a longer bed and Elon Musk said it was worth looking into. If Tesla did such a thing it would allow one to sleep comfortably in the back with the cover closed.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Someone suggested in another thread the possibility of folding the seats and the back wall for a longer bed and Elon Musk said it was worth looking into. If Tesla did such a thing it would allow one to sleep comfortably in the back with the cover closed.
Are you talking about folding ALL of the seats and sleeping 2-3 people just in the cab? That is out there but the view would probably be great.

OP
OP

Ingemar

First Name
Ingemar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
Are you talking about folding ALL of the seats and sleeping 2-3 people just in the cab? That is out there but the view would probably be great.
Yes. The middle front seat already folds flat. If they can also drop down to the floor there would be some space under the dash also. In my model x I often watch some YouTube before going to sleep, but the front seats are a bit in the way.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

Tesla Cybertruck Sleeping in the cab cybertruck-interior hammock

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
I've done this before on another vehicle on a cross country trip 32 years ago from Norfolk to Seattle. Start by running the front seats all the way forward. Take your measurements and cut to fit 3/4" plywood, cut into two pieces (L and R), reinforce the bottom edge of the plywood around the perimeter on the bottom of each section with 2x4, place this on the back seat and support the front edge of the plywood that hangs out over the floorboard by adding two 2x2 vertical supports, that are attached via strap hinges on each of the forward corners of each section,(4 verticle supports) add 1 horizontal cross member to provide rigidity to the verticle members so they don't wobble about halfway down the verticle member, I drilled holes through the spot where the cross member and verticle support meet and pinned them into place with bolts and no need to use a stop nut. I used a couple of thick foam rubber pads stacked one of top of the other. It all rolls up small and everything is sectional so you can set it up easy pezzy . While I was driving I set the base units up verticle behind the seat, rolled up the foam rubber and tied it, and repositioned the seat to the normal driving position. Heck, nowadays you can probably get an inflatable mattress to fit the space and skip the foam rubber and you can toss the base unit into the back of the truck. You can have the plywood cut to your request at Lowe's or local big box hardware store or use a skill saw if you have one and use a handsaw to cut the other framing pieces if you don't have a skill saw. Remember to measure twice and cut it once. Suggest using a cardboard mock-up to get a good custom fit so you can play around with the exact space allowed for the plywood, it's easier to cut cardboard and cheaper too till you get your final fit.

Last edited:

7bigjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Fords doing it already. :) I would like to see this as well. The wall folding behind the back seat sounds good but after having the truck for 5 years, the bed area just won't be as appealing to sleep in as much as the cab would. there is plenty of room for the front seats to move forward to accommodate this as well.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think Tesla will surprise us with something cool. I think Elon is getting a lot of ingenious suggestions for the CT and he will try to implement as many as he can that are feasible.

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I’ve decided to leave the vault for storage and/or the cyberquad. The polydrop will make a perfect match light weight and I can start enjoying it now.
Tesla Cybertruck Sleeping in the cab AC3C08F6-32CF-4032-91A8-7E4D163F4D76

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag

I said this before, but the honda element the seats fold back and the toyota matrix the seats fold forward and lay completely flat. as far as the mid gate, I dont think it could happen as the roll up cover is going to be under the back seat. just guessing but it limited on where it is going to be.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I said this before, but the honda element the seats fold back and the toyota matrix the seats fold forward and lay completely flat. as far as the mid gate, I dont think it could happen as the roll up cover is going to be under the back seat. just guessing but it limited on where it is going to be.
Where did you come up with the idea that the tonneau cover would be under the back seat? I suppose it is possible but it makes more sense that it would be in the back wall or under the bed. One way or another, none of us has any facts to confirm or reject any particular location, drive mechanism, etc. Your guess is as good as anyones, but you make it sound like fact.
Sponsored