Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I think Teslas move to the 800v architecture system and 48v for auxiliary needs, will allow CT to be the most efficient EV truck out there as it relates to their how to make an ev knowledge. The Tesla engineer I spoke with says the CT is very very efficient for these reasons. I wouldnt be surprised if it can get 2.6 - 2.75 miles per kwh. But hopefully we will know soon enough.
We will know soon
Sponsored

Gojuryu

First Name
Johnpual
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gojuryu.net
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I've been thinking of the same and have come to the conclusion that such could be fabricated easily considering the lack of curvature of the CT windshield and the vast availability of LED's. Will, of course, have to wait for my CT delivery before considering such further, however looking at our Model S, routing the wiring through the pillars is a strong possibility.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Cybertruck Optional Lightbar

making it particularly useful for off-road adventures or driving in low-light conditions.
Hoping there will be an option (or required?) to tie that into high beam activation so that I can use it on our deer infested road without blinding the neighbors.....

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
The solar cover interests me more then everything else.
Not unless it can be easily stolen.

I think if there was a hookup somewhere on the truck and solar panels are the only think that's needed for extra juice. That would be awesome! Using the on-board inverters would simplify a diy solar roof on a canopy for instance.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Cybertruck Solar

Tesla's Cybertruck is poised to offer an innovative solar cover accessory, a testament to the company's commitment to sustainable and self-sufficient energy solutions. This solar cover is designed to harness solar energy, effectively converting sunlight into additional electric power for the vehicle. Not only does it promise to extend the driving range by capturing renewable energy, but it also adds a layer of practicality and efficiency for owners who may be away from charging stations.

Cybertruck Optional Lightbar

The top lightbar on Tesla's Cybertruck is set to be an optional accessory, offering additional customization for owners. This feature is designed to cater to those who desire enhanced visibility and a distinct aesthetic appeal. The lightbar, positioned along the top edge of the windshield, will provide powerful illumination, making it particularly useful for off-road adventures or driving in low-light conditions. Its sleek design seamlessly integrates with the Cybertruck's futuristic and angular appearance, adding both functionality and a striking visual element. As an optional add-on, it allows owners to tailor their vehicle to their specific needs and preferences, further demonstrating Tesla's commitment to offering personalized and innovative vehicle options.

lightbar.jpg

Cyber Shop

Tesla is set to enhance the user experience for Cybertruck owners by theming its app specifically for this model, integrating elements that resonate with the Cybertruck's unique design and features. This includes a specialized section in the Tesla Shop within the app, dedicated to exclusive 'Cyber' products, further customizing the experience and offering tailored accessories and merchandise for Cybertruck enthusiasts.

Source: https://teslaappupdates.com/articles/article.html?version=4.27.3
Question: Why do we believe these are actual options? (I don’t see anything substantially official to suggest these of these will actually be truly offered from Tesla. Looks like clickbait. Sadly.)

chonnertruk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Telecommunications
Country flag
it doesn’t make wind noise

and it works great 👍🏼

PS: good video choice
Agree. Good video. Design appears to be a small foot print, so I wouldn't think this is significantly detrimental to overall distance. Also agree with external placement. Heat is no friend to LEDs, especially 12k Lumens worth. 😃

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Lightbar seems pretty ugly to me. for a variety of reasons. You might want to put it on for only special occasions. I can see some kind of genius attachment method which makes it easily removable, and then a place to easily and safely stow it off the floor of the bed, or maybe above or below the rear seats.
The problem then becomes.. you don't have it when you suddenly need it.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
a solar cover implies external solar can plug in to charge the battery. If so, cool and hope a proprietary annoyance connector is not needed. Thinking about camping configurations I will never do because I rather sleep in a hotel.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Isn't the Cybertruck almost 6 feet at it's highest point? That's 72 inches, so that would mean you can't turn this on on public roads while driving I'm guessing?
That's my point. All states require any light above 54" (some as low as 42") to remain off on public highways. Four states (CA, PA, VA, & WV) mandate that light lenses above 54" be COVERED by an opaque covering.

All states don't want people driving around with high mounted lights blinding other drivers, Those four REALLY want to make sure you don't even accidentally turn them on.

I think this is the whole reason Tesla abandoned the integrated, behind the windshield light strip.

Here's California's vehicle code on the matter.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Four states (CA, PA, VA, & WV) mandate that light lenses above 54" be COVERED by an opaque covering.
That figured into my earlier comments about possible a "easily removable" lightbar feature. As a resident of Pennsylvania i have unwillingly become quite familiar with regulations concerning covered lenses, though I did get the ticket tossed on a technicality where the cop was a quarter mile outside his jurisdiction.
Later i tried to make my light bar easily removable but it just wasn't worth the hassle.

First Name
Pedro Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e CART-1
Country flag
So they couldn’t fit the lightbar behind the windshield? I really liked that look. I wonder how having it on top will affect range, it looks like they really tried to keep a small footprint.
I like the idea of a Cyberbar but from where I stand it looks like an LED Strip. I wished it match the integrated neon type of lights. But then it would not have a long throw of lumens. I just want my CT now!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
For the solar panel option I'm envisioning a low profile multiple panel system that's attached and lockable to the bed area via a bed rack mounting system.

Once parked the bed length solar panel would be unlocked and two additional solar "wings" could be unfolded for a total of three solar panels.

It's a Tesla accessory so it won't be inexpensive.
Sponsored

Last edited: