Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Here is a simple pictorial guide to getting your Cybertruck into a tight garage.

Taking advantage of the angled front of the truck, we can get the front end up in the air a full 4 feet. Using a little simple geometry here you can see by doing that, your truck length is now 5” shorter. If you need more space, you can increase the ramp height to 5 foot for a full 8” reduction in garage length. Unless you have extremely tall ceilings in your garage, it’s going to be tough getting the length any shorter. But if you happen to have 10 foot ceilings in your garage you can make a 6 foot ramp which means you could get into an 18.5 foot long garage space.

Tesla Cybertruck Solving the Big Truck, Small Garage Problem 1650588273222

As a side benefit, every time you roll out of your garage you get a little bit of regen topping off your battery.
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Children, this is why we don't smoke crack.
Stay in school kidz, caus it's cool!!! :D

I'm in the process of buying a new house and if I have this predicament, I'll just keep the garage door open and let Cybertruck hang loose.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Gift your backyard neighbour a beautiful fern for xmas… Plant it for them, behind your garage, hiding that ugly brickwork.

After a while, knock a hole in the back of the garage

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The ramp concept has merit if other options are exhausted.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if marketing wheel rails to lift front sliding the back in during lift to fit. Lower to horizontal plane to enter/exit vehicle.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm confused. What's wrong with just parking it outside?
I don’t have a garage at all.

I just had a goofy idea due to the shape and then had to run the numbers.

Surprised nobody pointed out that the top of the tailgate would likely bump into the door. Then I’d have to figure out whether the opening below the front bumper would be enough to compensate for the tailgate tipping backwards.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
Here is a simple pictorial guide to getting your Cybertruck into a tight garage.

Taking advantage of the angled front of the truck, we can get the front end up in the air a full 4 feet. Using a little simple geometry here you can see by doing that, your truck length is now 5” shorter. If you need more space, you can increase the ramp height to 5 foot for a full 8” reduction in garage length. Unless you have extremely tall ceilings in your garage, it’s going to be tough getting the length any shorter. But if you happen to have 10 foot ceilings in your garage you can make a 6 foot ramp which means you could get into an 18.5 foot long garage space.

1650588273222.png

As a side benefit, every time you roll out of your garage you get a little bit of regen topping off your battery.
GENIUS!!!!

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I wonder if auto - summon/FSD would park it on the ramp for you? With storage underneath you might have a viable product.

I marked the CT corners on the floor in my garage several months back. I have about 40" to spare. I was going to post the picture to brag but I am too humble for that.

On a serious note what is the best guess on the overall length? Even with a 6'-5" bed I think we still lost a couple inches due to a shorter nose.
Sponsored