Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I just went over to Tesla Colma and their Cybertruck was only partly roped off. After clandestinely touching it, opening the door, and releasing the tailgater I asked if I could get inside and they said “yes”. They did not know for how long this will be allowed so I took full advantage off the opportunity. FYI!

Admin update: multiple Tesla centers are now being reported as allowing interior access to visitors.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
I'm so jelly! I live in Texas and my city has many Cybertrucks ordered, but we don't have a Cybertruck displayed. I'm shelling out over 130K and I have never seen one in the wild either. It's my $130k 🦄 or Cybercorn 😂

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I can now say from personal experience that the back seat, when raised, provides enough space for my dog and a small dog bed. My dog is almost 90 pounds. A crate might fit. The rear tailgate is pretty easy to raise but not as easy as many have suggested. I think that the sun visor will work fine for me. The glove box is kind of shallow but I guess they all are these days. I checked all over for sharp edges and I really think, for the most part, that they aren’t sharper than any other car. What might cause a problem, as noted a lot, are the corners. I may be able to fit my kiteboarding in the frunk but it will be close. It is very roomy for someone my size (5’7”). I had NO problem getting in or out. I had hoped that the shared armrest would be wider but it is wider than our Model Y’s armrest. Dog mode either wasn’t there or wasn’t active in showroom mode. The squirql is actually smaller than our Model Y steering wheel. I like it. The controls wouldn’t let the squirql move in or out, only up and down (or was it the other way?). The fit and finish are great, and it feels very quiet inside (not moving of course) compared to our Model Y. You all have to find one and get in!

ModelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2023 M3 SR X 2, 2021 M3 LR
Country flag
I can now say from personal experience that the back seat, when raised, provides enough space for my dog and a small dog bed. My dog is almost 90 pounds. A crate might fit. The rear tailgate is pretty easy to raise but not as easy as many have suggested. I think that the sun visor will work fine for me. The glove box is kind of shallow but I guess they all are these days. I checked all over for sharp edges and I really think, for the most part, that they aren’t sharper than any other car. What might cause a problem, as noted a lot, are the corners. I may be able to fit my kiteboarding in the frunk but it will be close. It is very roomy for someone my size (5’7”). I had NO problem getting in or out. I had hoped that the shared armrest would be wider but it is wider than our Model Y’s armrest. Dog mode either wasn’t there or wasn’t active in showroom mode. The squirql is actually smaller than our Model Y steering wheel. I like it. The controls wouldn’t let the squirql move in or out, only up and down (or was it the other way?). The fit and finish are great, and it feels very quiet inside (not moving of course) compared to our Model Y. You all have to find one and get in!
It wouldn't let you go in and out, only up and down. I spent about half an hour in the car. Owning an X, I would say the seats are not as wide; in the CT, I felt the edges riding up. If steer-by-wire comes to the Model X; it may be the better alternative. I think I heard a new yoke is coming to the S and X. Maybe it is getting the squirql and steer by wire as a mini refresh? One can only dream. Seems that is the top thing in the CT if your main need is not hauling and doing major truck things.

Last edited:
Reactions: REM

ModelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2023 M3 SR X 2, 2021 M3 LR
Country flag
I can confirm that Colma, CA, allows you to do almost anything other than take it for a spin. I took a video of

the fingerprints, and I think I will live with those rather than wrap it or do anything to it. One can always change their mind down the road.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I went to my local service center and as soon as I sat in the driver's seat, they called the cops on me. Super embarrassed

fdon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, Plaid S, Model X
Country flag
They ran out of cleaner

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I can confirm that Colma, CA, allows you to do almost anything other than take it for a spin. I took a video of

the fingerprints, and I think I will live with those rather than wrap it or do anything to it. One can always change their mind down the road.

I took pix but no video. I think that I will put some clear PPF along the top door edges, maybe 2” in, for door opening and closing. I am hoping that Tesla will put a closing sensor for the frunk lid for safety sake but it is more a concern for them than me. I would really go for a rearview mirror that integrates the side and rearview camera views if someone were to sell one for the CT.

Harki

First Name
Harki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E 350 Convertible, Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
CTs are rarer than the cheapest, most popular Ferraris 😂
For now, yes. But in a year or two, the number of CTs on the road is projected to surpass the cumulative production of all produced Ferraris. It's astonishing, considering it's a truck.
Sponsored