Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
I amm concerned that a tire shop that deals in everyday domestic vehicle will not know how to properly protect my battery pack when jacking up the Tesla
Invest a few bucks in a set of jacking pads and keep them in your car for “in case” Also keep a little block of 6” x 1 1/2” timber in your trunk so that you can drive your flat tire onto the wood block to get a bit of extra clearance. With the lifting pad inserted, there is not enough clearance to get a jack under the car. (Guess who learned the hard way!)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Old Pro

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Invest a few bucks in a set of jacking pads and keep them in your car for “in case” Also keep a little block of 6” x 1 1/2” timber in your trunk so that you can drive your flat tire onto the wood block to get a bit of extra clearance. With the lifting pad inserted, there is not enough clearance to get a jack under the car. (Guess who learned the hard way!)
Thanks, I just ordered a spare rim for my Tesla Model 3 via Amazon and have placed Tesla jacking pads on my Cart. The small block of timber will go into my "kit".

Sgt. Glenn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cybertruckphotography.com
Vehicles
2012 JKU Call of Duty/ Modern Warfare Edition
Occupation
Aerospace Photographer
Country flag
I currently have a Jeep Wrangler that I do a 5 tire rotation with. The idea being that I keep my spare tire at a similar height and wear.

Can I do that with the Cybertruck? Does independent suspensions need to be treated differently?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If you you rotate 5 tires, consider a 6th tire into the rotation scheme. One tire at home until rotation.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
When I did 5 tires, it was every 5-7 thousand miles.
A 6th would make it even more frequent, as you have two tires not being wore down.
I have seen some off road trailers for Jeeps and such to have an extra spare... and the trailer runs the same tires as the Jeep... but those trailers are very expensive.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When I did 5 tires, it was every 5-7 thousand miles.
A 6th would make it even more frequent, as you have two tires not being wore down.
I have seen some off road trailers for Jeeps and such to have an extra spare... and the trailer runs the same tires as the Jeep... but those trailers are very expensive.
It'd be the same, because you swap in two at a time.

-Crissa

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
It'd be the same, because you swap in two at a time.

-Crissa
With 5 tires, it’d take 5 cycles to get all tires even (assuming equal time and wear).
With 6 tires, it’d take 3 cycles to get all tires even. So you could probably do it less frequently.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
well my thoughts are this......most everyone is going to take their CT off-road......for me, off road-is camping in the desert or state/national park......in the desert, it would be tough if you did not have a spare......

with Tesla not providing spares and their ability or non-ability to "repair" flats because they say its not allowed by law because it "too" close to the sidewall, a spare tire is a must.....the feel Tesla should at least provide a space where we can have a spare in case we need one......this space is not to be in the bed .......maybe underneath somewhere......who knows......but I think we need a spare and proper place to put it....JMHO

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If $TSLA keeps going up, I will rotate my car
The way the stock is going, you can buy a bunch of other cars to build a monster truck track and then drive your future CT around the track. Rotate out the destroyed cars periodically.
Sponsored