Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
A roadmap would show they are working toward a finished product. They still haven't come up with a finished DESIGN. At the reveal Elon said Cybertrucks would be in the hands of SOME customers hands by now. You would think they would have AT LEAST had a final design by now!

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
A roadmap would show they are working toward a finished product. They still haven't come up with a finished DESIGN. At the reveal Elon said Cybertrucks would be in the hands of SOME customers hands by now. You would think they would have AT LEAST had a final design by now!
I think the roadmap was, it probably ain't happening until 3's and Y's stop making so much money.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yesterday reminded me of an old saying. "If it's too good to be true, it's probably not true".

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Looks like you are specializing in technicalities or appointed yourself as Elon's apologist.

In the night of reveal Musk said the Cybertruck would make it to the market by end of 2021.

Now, want to split-hair on what that really means?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think the roadmap was, it probably ain't happening until 3's and Y's stop making so much money.
This is exactly what got us all FED UP! That's nothing, it's just more breadcrumbs. A roadmap would at least show people how they are going to accomplish what they said over 2 years ago they were going to deliver.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
All I can pull from my last year of waiting in vain is this.

I sincerely hope that the next time Musk mentions ANYTHING regarding a CT time scale he waits until his gut estimate is no less than 6 months. Whether it's for anticipated production or ordering, whatever. And when he says the time frame --he doubles or triples the time allotted. And he gets done early.

The CT announcement should have been this year. Not 2019.

Look at how few images we've seen of the CT since its "release". What if it had only existed as a handful of pictures and a rumor for the past 2 years.

...Then at the groundbreaking for Austin, the truck we see now is then rolled out with a possible release for the end of 2023.

Tesla really needs some kind of marketing team. Not a "let's make commercials" marketing team but, at the very least, a few people who stop for one second and say "let's talk about this means, Elon."

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Crissa said:
When was that? When did he promise?

His hopes and aspirations are not promises.

-Crissa
The thread must be meant for you as self-appointed Elon apologist. :p

In Cybertruck reveal Musk himself said it would make it to the market by the end of 2021.

Now, let's hear you hair-split that this is not a promise and just "hopes and aspirations" that we consumers and stockholders should not hold him accountable for these words as the CEO.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
express an opinion, voice needs to be made.
You are basically telling me to stop excusing Elon. How is telling me to do something an expression of opinion?

I get the disappointment. I am more disappointed in the instant fear in stock prices. More so that I did not read the tea leaves and take advantage of the movement.

why am I not worried about stock price? I am looking long term. Why’s am zi not worried about the CT? I still see progress and nothing has changed my opinion the truck will enter production.

Am I in the know? No

I cannot fault Tesla in their decisions when I would make the same decisions. As to apologizing for Elon, what is there to apologize about? I am upset Joe Rogan got a ride and I do not have the opportunity.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Tesla really needs some kind of marketing team. Not a "let's make commercials" marketing team but, at the very least, a few people who stop for one second and say "let's talk about this means, Elon."
No need and why spend money?

His fan bois Elon-can-do-no-wrong and is-the-2nd-coming is doing it free for him. :giggle: :p

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for taking the time to post The roadmap. I hadn't seen that.

BTW, anybody that doesn't think that's more of the same breadcrumbs Elon's been feeling us for years. Think about it. That's the same crap politicians try to feed you. Just enough of what you want to hear, to keep you on the hook!