Tesla’s Master Class In Modular Assembly

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Check out the Cybertruck’s minimalist interior. You simply can’t remove anything else from the cabin.

The Tesla designers have specced an interior that should be easy and quick to assemble. It will also help lower Cybertruck manufacturing costs.

The driver is treated to 4 items after getting seated. A steering wheel, display, accelerator pedal and brake pedal.

Say goodbye to old school stalks! Owners will be activating the turn signals via buttons on the steering wheel.

note the fasteners attaching the upper SS roof section to the BIW
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla’s Master Class In Modular Assembly 8600EF1D-46DF-47BC-8AE1-042DCBDDABF8

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
It looks like if Tesla gets into a price war, it could have half price deals on these and still make money. The sad thing is nobody except Chinese can give them that price war (certainly not the big three, especially after this strike). He said the "Jigga casting" was the expensive part. I wonder if it is damaged in an accident how much the quote will be for it, or will the car be considered totaled.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Check out the Cybertruck’s minimalist interior. You simply can’t remove anything else from the cabin.

The Tesla designers have specced an interior that should be easy and quick to assemble. It will also help lower Cybertruck manufacturing costs.

The driver is treated to 4 items after getting seated. A steering wheel, display, accelerator pedal and brake pedal.

Say goodbye to old school stalks! Owners will be activating the turn signals via buttons on the steering wheel.

8600EF1D-46DF-47BC-8AE1-042DCBDDABF8.jpeg
Never even noticed there was a glovebox until now.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Don't forget the rear view video display.

-Crissa

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
You can always remove a tad more ego from the cabin.

You can always remove a tad more ego from the cabin:)

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
something tells me.that photo of the CT is not a current production run. More of a beta build.

Rick

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla’s Master Class In Modular Assembly cybertruckpedalrecallnotice

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This makes it clear what Optimus first job will be. Especially with what is happening with UAW, Tesla must be getting ready to replace the remaining workers with Optimus if they become demanding.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

CT interior is so no-nonsense in your face matter of fact. It's a PERFECT example of the keep it simple stupid approach. K.I.S.S

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I personally love the minimalist interior of the Cybertruck. It‘s as futuristic as the exterior and will be easy to keep clean.

My favorite interior feature are the LED light strips running across the dash and all 4 doors. They are most likely color adjustable as well.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla’s Master Class In Modular Assembly BE8B7A5B-6A41-4290-9B6F-D3BA0E74FD39

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
It looks like if Tesla gets into a price war, it could have half price deals on these and still make money. The sad thing is nobody except Chinese can give them that price war (certainly not the big three, especially after this strike). He said the "Jigga casting" was the expensive part. I wonder if it is damaged in an accident how much the quote will be for it, or will the car be considered totaled.
To the moon, baby! And then Mars.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
/s
Nah, GM has got them beat. More and heavier is better!! Check out these numbers:

Hummer EV battery pack:
  • 257 fasteners total
  • 3500 welds total
  • upper carrier: 105 Indvidual stamped components.
  • main housing 139 individual stamped components
  • 2,818 lbs. (1,287 KG)
Source:

Sarcasm aside this Tesla modularity and engineering for efficient assembly (and ease of service) is impressive.

Several years ago, I took my 2010 Camaro into the dealer under warranty for an evaporator replacement and an oil cooler leak.

When I went in to check on the car, it was half disassembled. I said WTF to the service rep and he explained:

Evaporator replacement: (located in the dash).
Step 1: remove the windshield. (I kid you not)
Step 2: remove 2 long bolts from the dash at the base of the windshield.
etc.

Accumulator replacement:
Step 1) remove the front fascia.

Oil Cooler replacement:
Step 1) Remove the engine lower K frame.

I was speechless.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Keep in mind that the FSD robo taxi will most likely not have the "steering wheel, display, accelerator pedal and brake pedal." Seems there are still items that can be removed from the cabin. Well, there might be an entertainment screen with info on how the trip is going so maybe the display will still be there.