Tesla can now price the Cybertruck (after tax credit bill deal)

Bjorneo

First Name
Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tundra, '15 Forester, '16 Fusion, '87 911 Cab
Occupation
Retired Software Exec
Country flag
With the CT now available for the $7500 tax credit, Tesla can finally price the CT.

I suspect the CT2 edition will take the biggest hit since it will definitely be less than $80,000. $49000 to $57,400 Will it be that obvious? That said it would be in line with what many have predicted without the tax credit.

- raw materials futures prices locked in based on more realistic futures market
- more certainty around 4680 production rates
- more certainty around gigacasting cost benefits
- new $6000 advanced auto pilot take rate
- known factory build cost

Who am I fooling. We won't know prices until Nov 19, 2022
The rebate program will be over before 2025
Sponsored

Gibson Cage

First Name
Gibson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Country flag
We won't know CT prices until production begins summer 2023. Not sure why you think it will be in November, but I would be surprised to see Tesla set prices based on federal rebates (especially considering Elon's position on this rebate bill).
I was under the impression that we locked in our price when we preorder

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I was under the impression that we locked in our price when we preorder
There is wiggle room in the pre-order agreement.

A lot of people (possibly the majority now?) assume that Tesla will take advantage of that wiggle room. The fact that they later pulled the pricing added a lot of confusion to the mix.

I’m not sure either way. It would be an absolutely massive flex if they did stick with the original pricing.

One thing that I noticed recently which makes me think it’s still possible is the fact that they still have prices posted for the Tesla Semi at $150k/ $180k. If they are still taking reservations at those prices (and accepting $20k deposits!), I think it means they still intend to sell them for this price.

If they can sell a Semi with 500 kWh batteries for $180k, delivering the dual motor Cybertruck with ~110 kWh for $50k should be workable.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla can now price the Cybertruck (after tax credit bill deal) 1659374055056

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the model I want (and ordered) will be competitively priced. Give me dual motors, AWD, 300+ mile real range and I'll be a happy camper. Being a member of the monitiarly described US bourgeoisie (I'm a peasant at heart and mind), there'll be no tax credit for me. That class has the dubious distinction of always paying it's full share while the truly rich sail on mostly unfettered by taxes. I'll be paying full boat for the CT and that's fine by me ...

Last edited:

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Well the $40k semi tax credit is not going to help CT output at all.
It will help a little bit. If I qualify for a 40k tax credit, I'll cancel my CT order and get the semi with much better capabilities at not much more money.

Don't get too excited, I'm somewhere around 1 million on the list, so most people won't move up any. :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag