RAYMOND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck, 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Cook, Furniture Fabricator
Country flag
Until the configurator is open, there's no one at Tesla to fix it. If you have your initial email, it'll be there.

-Crissa
My reservation has disappeared too. The only record I have is a bank statement for $100 payed to Tesla with the date I ordered it.???
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My reservation has disappeared too. The only record I have is a bank statement for $100 payed to Tesla with the date I ordered it.???
It's tied to your email address. For some reason I made my truck reservation on one and my car purchase on another and it was a big headache getting them merged into the same account.

Did you sign up with a different email or account?

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
how do you calibrate the battery....my 2019 has at 286.......bought new...thanks

which update are you talking about
There are many Youtube videos out there but in 2019 I charged 100% for a trip that day(a rare thing for me to do) and only showed 289 miles remaining. I made an appointment for the Tesla Service Center when I returned from my trip and the technician explained to me that according to my logs I normally keep my battery between 40% and 80%. Keeping my battery constantly in that narrow range makes it difficult to estimate the actual range in my battery. The technician said to drain the battery down to 5%-10% and then charge up to 100% and then the car will be able to recognize the full battery range.
I now do this a couple of times a year before long road trips. I never lost the range, it was just that I was training the car to not see it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There are many Youtube videos out there but in 2019 I charged 100% for a trip that day(a rare thing for me to do) and only showed 289 miles remaining. I made an appointment for the Tesla Service Center when I returned from my trip and the technician explained to me that according to my logs I normally keep my battery between 40% and 80%. Keeping my battery constantly in that narrow range makes it difficult to estimate the actual range in my battery. The technician said to drain the battery down to 5%-10% and then charge up to 100% and then the car will be able to recognize the full battery range.
I now do this a couple of times a year before long road trips. I never lost the range, it was just that I was training the car to not see it.
Well I end up doing this about once every few weeks anyhow.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
So Tesla said to do the following:
1628626759069.png

A little annoying... and works better if you mostly charge at home.

I have seen some other procedures but sticking to Tesla recommended for now. How did you calibrate your battery?
The technician from the local service center told me about how to calibrate your battery back in 2019. Frugal Tesla Guy put out a terrific series recently about Tesla's batteries. Check out the video on how to do it. It didn't seem to make a difference for him but give it a try. It worked for me.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The technician from the local service center told me about how to calibrate your battery back in 2019. Frugal Tesla Guy put out a terrific series recently about Tesla's batteries. Check out the video on how to do it. It didn't seem to make a difference for him but give it a try. It worked for me.
I like his suggestion of changing the battery display from miles to percentage. Also, he suggested the energy app, and I've found that is by far the most useful tool for range estimates. I almost always use that for longer trips. It's kind of funny though because when I have bikes on the back, the estimated charge remaining goes down way quicker than the estimate. I always end up way below the line.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

Thanks Guys. I've actually watched the Frugal Tesla Guy's battery videos before, great info!

It seems Tesla's suggestion is the best one to follow right now as it's tailored to the state of our battery, but we can keep the other options in mind in case Tesla's suggestion doesn't work.

What I would love to see is Tesla should build this intelligence into the car. If they can analyze the logs to discover these recommendations then chances are the car could do it in software. The car could pop up a recommendation to delay charging, in fact it could do it automatically unless you override. Or maybe a notification in car and in the app that says for example: "We've noticed you're not charging to 100% at all, and not depleting the battery below 40%. We recommend not charging again until at a 5% state of charge and charging to 100% for the next X charge cycles". Or something like that.

Seems like it would be in their best interest, less service calls, happier customers etc.

Put it in your backlog Tesla battery software UI Scrum team. (I don't know how their software teams are delineated, I just made that up).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
"We've noticed you're not charging to 100% at all, and not depleting the battery below 40%. We recommend not charging again until at a 5% state of charge and charging to 100% for the next X charge cycles".
So long as the battery is not actually degrading, I don't care. The range estimate at the top of the display is damned near worthless since my power use is consistently higher than rated due to bikes on the back. So just changing it to report percentage as he suggested works well for me.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So long as the battery is not actually degrading, I don't care. The range estimate at the top of the display is damned near worthless since my power use is consistently higher than rated due to bikes on the back. So just changing it to report percentage as he suggested works well for me.
yes.....cant tell if degradation is happening or bad BMS output....model 3, 2019, never see 310.....now I am at 260 after 25 months....Tesla said this is normal.....only 13125 miles

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
yes.....cant tell if degradation is happening or bad BMS output....model 3, 2019, never see 310.....now I am at 260 after 25 months....Tesla sat this is normal.....only 13125 miles
Yeah, this is the catch 22. How do you know if it's a faulty gauge or declining reserve? Only one way to check. top it off and try to drive 260+ miles!

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, this is the catch 22. How do you know if it's a faulty gauge or declining reserve? Only one way to check. top it off and try to drive 260+ miles!
highway......city....or combination

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
That's going to be tough for me until we get our 220v setup in. Right now we are charging pretty much non-stop when we are home just to keep enough mileage to drive the car regularly.
100% worth it. In the mean time, can you reach a 220/30 outlet? Dryer hookups, some electric water heaters? There's an adapter for that and it's a pretty decent home charger.

highway......city....or combination
I don't find a significant difference in my model 3. It's all about the same until I go over 70mph, then drag kicks in. I think EVs are just much more efficient at getting the vehicle rolling, so low speed highway and city driving gives very close to the same efficiency in my experience.

Maybe that's all in my head, but Tesla does provide the energy graph and it estimates the same until I start hitting 80mph freeway speeds. Then it clearly starts to drop ?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
100% worth it. In the mean time, can you reach a 220/30 outlet? Dryer hookups, some electric water heaters? There's an adapter for that and it's a pretty decent home charger.
My house is... different. (Also my yard is a disaster right now!)

Tesla Cybertruck tax credit for the cybertruck 1628700282428

Dryer outlet is inside the back door, I'd have to cozy right up to the rear of the house and leave the door propped open.

220v is going to be outside on my other driveway, but going to have to wait for at least a month or two when I'll get the carport thing covered again and the ground is soft enough to trench.
Sponsored