intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I don't doubt there is a chance the CyberTruck will be delayed until the end of the 2023. It kinda of fits what we have seen so far in terms of deadlines being pushed.

“Next year” is optimistic at best for the Cybertruck’s arrival. Even if you’re one of the earliest customers to plunk down a cash deposit for the origami-style EV pickup, you won’t see it any earlier than December of 2023, an industry competitive analyst says. That indicates most early deliveries will not happen until 2024.

Sigh. Hopefully we will finally see the CyberTruck in 2024. In the meantime, I will now simply take the first EV truck that becomes available to me...

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
I think GM and Ford, Ram will have nice trucks, fully equipped and be somewhat in ;int with pricing of the CT.......their issue will be updates and serviceability......Tesla service center already has them for current electric vehicles, although few and far between, and they can build on that service.....others will be trying to coupe them with current ICE service centers......I think in 5 years, traditional car manufacturers will be getting close in good production numbers and quality, but will still be limited with service
Dealer management and service have always been problematic for the auto industry. Herding cats if you will and EV's pose a very different set of service challenges. As Tesla has demonstrated, over 90% of service related issues are addressed by OTA updates. That is completely foreign to the Ice world and eliminates the dealer altogether.

I might have made up the 90% number :)oops: ) but it was my best guess based upon my experience with our 2 Tesla's.
Sponsored