"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
There are ways around the contract restriction, for example, writing an option contract to sell a new your have ordered as soon as it arrives, agreeing to order exactly what the option holder requests, and have it delivered to the option holder. This may be something more like that.

(My suggestion was for Tesla retain a buy-back right, but I got pulverized last time I suggested that so I already recant lol.)

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
If the spot is one of the first ones and Tesla honors the spots regardless of location and other factors and first months is anything like Rivian’s, buyer is making a good investment. R1Ts were going $50K+ over sales price.

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't know about $10k, but some sellers are getting impressive numbers. A better ROI % than the actual truck will ever fetch:
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck Reservation Slot Sells For $10,000 On eBay Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17-08-50 cybertruck reservation for sale eBay

Also consider the people with MULTIPLE reservations...

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would not want to be either a scalper nor anyone inept enough to pay extra money to a scalper.

I personally believe those caught in a Tesla scalping transaction, should be black listed and banned from ever reserving or buying any new vehicle direct from Tesla, as well as restricting them from activating or continuing any enhanced features (EA, FSD, Premium Connectivity, Lifetime Supercharging) on any used Teslas, say for a period of at least 10 years.

But all this gets into many legal grey areas most likely, and I would not dare presume or predict what Tesla could do or might do to someone caught reserving disingenuously for the purpose of flipping or scalping.

Oh, and one of the first things I would do also, is blacklist the person from ever being able to link a credit card account with the Tesla Supercharger network.

I think Tesla may have some ways to deter scalping if they want to use them.

- ÆCIII

OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
  • Banned
I don't know about $10k, but some sellers are getting impressive numbers. A better ROI % than the actual truck will ever fetch:
Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17-08-50 cybertruck reservation for sale eBay.png

Also consider the people with MULTIPLE reservations...
Only if you are shitarded

OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
If the spot is one of the first ones and Tesla honors the spots regardless of location and other factors and first months is anything like Rivian’s, buyer is making a good investment. R1Ts were going $50K+ over sales price.
Yeah, extra butt-hurt for people paying for a place in line.

If they think Tesla is going to play that game, that is.

OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
There are ways around the contract restriction, for example, writing an option contract to sell a new your have ordered as soon as it arrives, agreeing to order exactly what the option holder requests, and have it delivered to the option holder. This may be something more like that.

(My suggestion was for Tesla retain a buy-back right, but I got pulverized last time I suggested that so I already recant lol.)
lol.. yeah, let me know how that works out for you.

OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
They and their purchasers are not interested in reading the contract, or they don’t think it can/will be enforced.

Yeah, they are in for a rude awakening.

OP
OP
GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag

lol.. good luck with that.

cptrmd765

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Backdraft Cobra, 4Runner, Indian Scout, F350
Country flag
I would not want to be either a scalper nor anyone inept enough to pay extra money to a scalper.

I personally believe those caught in a Tesla scalping transaction, should be black listed and banned from ever reserving or buying any new vehicle direct from Tesla, as well as restricting them from activating or continuing any enhanced features (EA, FSD, Premium Connectivity, Lifetime Supercharging) on any used Teslas, say for a period of at least 10 years.

But all this gets into many legal grey areas most likely, and I would not dare presume or predict what Tesla could do or might do to someone caught reserving disingenuously for the purpose of flipping or scalping.

Oh, and one of the first things I would do also, is blacklist the person from ever being able to link a credit card account with the Tesla Supercharger network.

I think Tesla may have some ways to deter scalping if they want to use them.

- ÆCIII
I guess I don’t understand the issue. If you have or have access to something that has more value (perceived or actual) and someone wants to buy it from you….what is the issue? Does the sale affect what the next person will pay for theirs? Why the hostility? If you took possession of a CyberTruck and then someone made you a significant offer over what you paid and you sell it, does that make you a scalper?

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
lol.. yeah, let me know how that works out for you.
I have done this before, it is not difficult. It is a simple option agreement that gives the Buyer the right to purchase the Seller's Cybertruck (and a few other simple legal bells and whistles).
Sponsored