Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have 2 on order. I'm getting what ever comes out. If it's the one I want great. If not, I can try again when the right one comes out and sell current
This! I think I'm like 130k / 600k in the queue!

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With 350 miles, I'm not sure I could travel Alaska without worrying. I'm old and retiring soon, and CT would be my last big toy to travel around North America. Hoping for at least 400 miles would be nice.
That is my dream too. I have a Model 3 now that I thought would take me to places. It only took me to range anxiety. Hope this big truck would be a happy story and like you, my last big toy. I have to refrain my excitement as my turn will still be about 2 years. I hope not all my teeth are gone by then because I'll be 80 by that time. šŸ˜† šŸ¤£

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
It might go down like this at the launch event. 350 mile versions initial ramp up. 450 mile version quad version next year 2025-2026.

Last edited:

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Oh man, this is torture.if true
I was all excited with my top of the list order number somewhere around 1,400 I really hope they initially offer a 500mile version or close.
My ā€œ300 mileā€ dual motor model three is fine most of the time but we do a lot of long trips in winters with snow tires in mountains so a would be a huge benefit with 400++miles

Nice for those who have two orders in I canā€™t see myself going through another potential year of waiting for a 500mile spec

I guess I could take whatā€™s available drive it for a couple years and hopefully the waiting at that point is a non-issue and initial production bugs are worked outā€¦

thinking about this , for those of us that reserved trimotorā€™s and itā€™s not available at launch. It would be nice if Tesla gave us what is available and another allocation for when the original spec we ordered is ready.

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
Tesla Reservation numbers are not vehicle specific, they are shared across product lines. Because of this, it's likely not 3 million. It also makes it difficult to know how many there are without Tesla telling us.

The best guesstimate based on data with a lot of assumptions from the people maintaining the Cybertruck reservation tracker is a little north of 1 million if I recall.
I wrote an application that tries to do a better analysis of the Reservations being tracked by the CyberTruck Data tracker.
It uses published Tesla Deliver numbers by Quarter to try and estimate the relative position of a CyberTruck RN#.
Click the first link to get the results. You can also look at the code on GitHub.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ll-your-place-in-line.251/page-67#post-155578

Code: https://github.com/KHappe/CyberTruckTrackerDataAnalysis

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I really need ~200 miles of range towing a 30' Airstream. I'm trying to be reasonable on my actual range results, figuring on only getting 35-40% of the stated range while towing a travel trailer so the 500 mile promise put my mind at ease. 500 rated means 420-440 in real world conditions with normal payload and at least 200 miles towing 9,000ish lbs.

350 may be a deal breaker for me. 150 miles towing worst case scenario would be acceptable and what I've set my limit at. 420 rated is what I kind of figured would be what the actual Tri-Motor would be at release, and fit my expectations. If I can't tow my RV farther than 130 miles from a SuperCharger before I park to camp a few days at a NEMA 14-50, there'll be a lot of countryside beyond my range. šŸ˜¬

Crossing my fingers and hoping the first batch is >400 miles. I retired July 1 and anxious to hit the road. I don't want to have to wait until 2025*

*I reserved during the reveal presentation (RN112754980). Ought to be a fairly early customer
Have you considered getting a new trailer? The new ones have a battery and motor in them so they don't take from the vehicles range.

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wrote an application that tries to do a better analysis of the Reservations being tracked by the CyberTruck Data tracker.
It uses published Tesla Deliver numbers by Quarter to try and estimate the relative position of a CyberTruck RN#.
What is your analysis on the total number of reservations?

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
If I remember correctly, wasnā€™t the initial reservation page indicating that the dual motor was up first, then tri motor, and then the single motor. If this 350 mile version up first rumor ends up being true, this seems like Tesla reverting back to their initial plan of shipping dual motor first.

Personally, Iā€™m hoping they keep to the revised plan of initially shipping the highest trim truck.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I expect a 350 mile CT to be able to achieve pretty close to 350mi in real world conditions. Does anyone have reason to believe that a first ever Chevy/GMC EV pickup will attain 450 miles just because their promotional materials say so? (I mean, I know GM is America's EV Leader, but C'mon, Man!)
Actually yes I absolutely do believe the truck will achieve that range. Less efficient yes but it has a big ass gastank

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I said industry loser, not Lucid, Porsche, or Ford, each of which is either on the rocks or losing money on BEVs. GM is the village idiot of BEVs.
Lets get one think crystal clear
It was not very long ago at all when tesla was losing money on every car.
nobody has and nobody will just start making bespoke automotive technology at a profit right out of the gate.
Sponsored

Last edited: