Cybertruck?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I am confused now. I got invited to order the FS that I will not move forward with, and wait for the non FS AWD. I called Tesla and they just said to keep waiting until the non FS is available. So basically not order the FS and then downgrade, but instead just wait for it to be available.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I am confused now. I got invited to order the FS that I will not move forward with, and wait for the non FS AWD. I called Tesla and they just said to keep waiting until the non FS is available. So basically not order the FS and then downgrade, but instead just wait for it to be available.
Yes, do nothing and wait for an invite once they open orders for non FS CT

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So basically not order the FS and then downgrade, but instead just wait for it to be available.
at a cartoon level, the thinking is that if you let your configuration invite just languish in the account, at some point when non-FS configurations go live you'll be able to jump into your account, see options to select non-FS trim, and go from there

all that said, this cartoon level understanding is about the sum whole of the clarity or assurance that anyone has from Tesla about how, exactly, these choices will play out

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I called to request this downgrade (pre-VIN#), mostly to delay until the 4860 V2 or v3 battery packs are proven, my customer service rep did not know about this and is trying to look into it and get back to me.
Update us with the developments.

There are lots of people here waiting for Tesla's ultimate policy.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I called to request this downgrade (pre-VIN#), mostly to delay until the 4860 V2 or v3 battery packs are proven, my customer service rep did not know about this and is trying to look into it and get back to me.
You do know that the updated batteries are shipping with the truck don't you?

Or is it that no one knows what batteries are shipping with the truck? Or if there ever will be a change.

About the only thing that we do tend to know is that Tesla is currently optimizing the batteries for production, just like they are optimizing the production line. It could very well be that they are cherry picking batteries off the line that are better than the next generation.

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I converted my FS AWD to non-FS AWD via Tesla app chat before VIN was assigned. New ETA Oct. 31, 2024

Full timeline
I got FW invite on Jan. 11. Got excited, ordered FS AWD next day.

Got hit with buyer remorse and after reading this tread decided to wait and see.
On Friday, Jan. 19, got invite to "Complete Pre-Delivery tasks" and I asked via chat to downgrade.
Today, Jan. 22 - I completed tasks: provided driver license, declined trade-in, specified payment. About an hour later I got chat message that my FS order was changed to "Standard AWD". I asked to confirm that I am not losing my place in RN line and got confirmation that downgrade ".. will not cancel your order and once AWD is available for configuration you will still be able to configure the AWD"

Later I went to Cybertruck - Pre-delivery tasks and under "Schedule" tab it shows
"Your delivery is on hold
Earliest Delivery
10/31/24"

screenshots below:

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) FS2StandardAWD1

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) FS2StandardAWD2

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) FS2StandardAWD3

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) FS2StandardAWD4

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I converted my FS AWD to non-FS AWD via Tesla app chat before VIN was assigned. New ETA Oct. 31, 2024

Full timeline

Got hit with buyer remorse and after reading this tread decided to wait and see.
On Friday, Jan. 19, got invite to "Complete Pre-Delivery tasks" and I asked via chat to downgrade.
Today, Jan. 22 - I completed tasks: provided driver license, declined trade-in, specified payment. About an hour later I got chat message that my FS order was changed to "Standard AWD". I asked to confirm that I am not losing my place in RN line and got confirmation that downgrade ".. will not cancel your order and once AWD is available for configuration you will still be able to configure the AWD"

Later I went to Cybertruck - Pre-delivery tasks and under "Schedule" tab it shows
Earliest Delivery
10/31/24"

screenshots below:

FS2StandardAWD1.jpg

FS2StandardAWD2.jpg

FS2StandardAWD3.jpg

FS2StandardAWD4.jpg
Yes! It can be done.

Congrats!

CybrDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

Full timeline

Earliest Delivery
10/31/24"

screenshots below:

FS2StandardAWD1.jpg

FS2StandardAWD2.jpg

FS2StandardAWD3.jpg

FS2StandardAWD4.jpg
I could live with an October delivery of the non-FS CT—wave #2 (Dec 16th configure date).

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag

Full timeline

Earliest Delivery
10/31/24"

screenshots below:

FS2StandardAWD1.jpg

FS2StandardAWD2.jpg

FS2StandardAWD3.jpg

FS2StandardAWD4.jpg
This is great news. Thanks for sharing.

I remember ordering my 2020 MYs in March of that year and being quoted August 2020 delivery....then they were both available in June 2020. Hoping something similar with the non-FS CT!!

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This is great news. Thanks for sharing.

I remember ordering my 2020 MYs in March of that year and being quoted August 2020 delivery....then they were both available in June 2020. Hoping something similar with the non-FS CT!!
fingers crossed! :)

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
thank you! now I have a worm thought "maybe I shoul've kept FS and get it in March???" 😂
Wow, that’s awesome they let you downgrade and not lose your spot. Total opposite of what I was told on the phone and when I went in.
they said I could downgrade and not lose the $1,000, but I’d lose my place in line.
I really don’t want to wait another year, so I may keep my order.
totally sucks I can’t get the $7,500, but I’ll get some use out of the extras included for the 20k.

alcstarheel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few
Country flag

Full timeline

Earliest Delivery
10/31/24"

screenshots below:

FS2StandardAWD1.jpg

FS2StandardAWD2.jpg

FS2StandardAWD3.jpg

FS2StandardAWD4.jpg
This is interesting. Delivery on hold as opposed to going back to showing that you'll be "notified to complete your Cybertruck configuration as production nears."

I'm guessing you no longer have a "Start Designing" button. They said you'll no longer have the option to match to a FS VIN. It really looks like it's just a hold until the end of October.

What if AWD options come up starting in March? Will the app open for you to configure that or will you have to contact them again? Have they sent you docs showing that it's now a standard AWS configuration?

CybrDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
This is interesting. Delivery on hold as opposed to going back to showing that you'll be "notified to complete your Cybertruck configuration as production nears."

I'm guessing you no longer have a "Start Designing" button. They said you'll no longer have the option to match to a FS VIN. It really looks like it's just a hold until the end of October.

What if AWD options come up starting in March? Will the app open for you to configure that or will you have to contact them again? Have they sent you docs showing that it's now a standard AWS configuration?
I keep checking my app in hopes that the AWD non-FS option to design is available. I have found that Tesla is about a day behind with their email notifications.
Sponsored