MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I think I'm still picking one up on Sunday but yeah, a lot of the fun factor has been removed.

No spare Tire and nowhere to put one. In the bed with the range extender, can it fit both?
not in my estimation. the aftermarket could find a way but that's obviously a long ways out.
Sponsored

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
That's the one I just watched as well. They brought up the squeaks and rattles thing a few times and that concerns me. That's the kind of stuff that really bugs me in a vehicle. My $15k Nissan frontier does well with that. The Rivian had some rattles in the doors that they were able to fix. But there were some rumbles in the headliner that I couldn't figure out.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That's the one I just watched as well. They brought up the squeaks and rattles thing a few times and that concerns me. That's the kind of stuff that really bugs me in a vehicle. My $15k Nissan frontier does well with that. The Rivian had some rattles in the doors that they were able to fix. But there were some rumbles in the headliner that I couldn't figure out.
on one hand, the TH review unit appeaes to be a Tesla owned Beast - which may have all been likely driven like a borrowed Ferrari (by engineers, influenzas, who knows).

on the other hand, even were that the cause of the purported rattles etc., that doesnā€™t foreclose that a beand new unit that is currently without wonā€™t accumulate them in a few thousand miles

something to keep an eye out for, I suppose

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
on one hand, the TH review unit appeaes to be a Tesla owned Beast - which may have all been likely driven like a borrowed Ferrari (by engineers, influenzas, who knows).

on the other hand, even were that the cause of the purported rattles etc., that doesnā€™t foreclose that a beand new unit that is currently without wonā€™t accumulate them in a few thousand miles

something to keep an eye out for, I suppose
I'm more than one occasion, I've daydreamed about hooking up a few mics to a raspberry pie with a display and trying to figure out a way to triangulate where sounds are coming from. I just really hate squeaks and rattles. Knowing that you could just put like a simple piece of material somewhere and stop it but you got to know where and you got to be able to get to it.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm more than one occasion, I've daydreamed about hooking up a few mics to a raspberry pie with a display and trying to figure out a way to triangulate where sounds are coming from. I just really hate squeaks and rattles. Knowing that you could just put like a simple piece of material somewhere and stop it but you got to know where and you got to be able to get to it.
cold comfort, but Tesla has that and more šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

youā€™d think the RCs and Baja (MX) units wouldā€™ve given them enough signal by now, butā€¦

bigmoose70

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 23' Model X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Bro letā€™s figure this out. Number one pet peeve and if you know where or what is causing it. Typically easy fix.

tenetke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Country flag
Iā€™m near CO but a lot lower and in the dry windy part of the country. Sometimes I get lucky and have a tailwind on my way out and on my way back. So are you gonna pass on your order before you get a vin? Good luck with whichever way you go.

Madaven818

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: CRV future: cyber truck
Occupation
UPS
Country flag
I am still going to buy the non FS when my turn comes up but the restlessness i felt last year is all but gone. The anticipation at this point is just a notch up from the couple months i waited to get my toyota van. I guess living vicariously thru others is still somewhat living your own experience.

the wait was a lot more exciting when there was so much secrecy about the truck. Remember those 5 second test mule sightings? Or how long it took to just glimpse the rear seat.

Once the truck and pricing were revealed and with the countless videos since going over every inch of the truck inside and out, it's not a whole lot more exciting to me than basic transportation at this point. The newness has already started to wear out without me even stepping foot in it. Maybe i can regain a fraction of the excitement when i go to pick up my truck one day, but i guess its the price i have to pay for peeking behind the curtain too many times.
I would have to agree with this, after estimating that Iā€™m #237k in line I broke down and took delivery of a model y, my first EV. Incredible car but took the wind from my cybertruck sail big time

tenetke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Country flag
Ford Lightning Switchback is basically like an EV Raptor. Maybe one of these days thatā€™ll be an option.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
I think I'm still picking one up on Sunday but yeah, a lot of the fun factor has been removed.

Currently $111k+
No Adaptive Headlights?
_The ones it has are as bright as they could be.
No Android Auto.
No Apple Car Play.
No HomeLink.
No Gauge Cluster/Heads Up Display
No (Real) 318 Mile Range.
_No All Season Tires.
Not great Fast Charging.
No (Currently) Hub Caps. The first gen dig into the tire sidewalls.
No FSD, while being required to buy it.
No safety sensors for the doors(?) or frunk lid.
No waterproof tonneau cover.
No spare Tire and nowhere to put one. In the bed with the range extender, can it fit both?
$20k in extras you don't want.
_If they think you can't install the Powershare hardware, they keep it & give you 6 months of supercharging.
A number of reviews talk about road and motor noise.
Not to mention the big price jump and numerous missing specs/features from the reveal.
Hey I promise Iā€™m not hating or being an asshole here but are you sure that you want to get this truck?

it seems like itā€™s not what you want on many fronts and itā€™s $111k for you.

Couldnā€™t you still walk away with just $1k loss?
Sponsored